what dongles are the best? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 02-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

i spoke to them again yesterday and they told me this time it was issues with mutiple accounts? i do not have multiple accounts...this is the first time i have made a legit account with mother in laws details...everything is spot on...address ... name etc told me they would revies it again! got an email today saying decision stands but that one will be due to the phone call on thusrday... i will probably get told this again in a few days after yesterdays phone call! but this really annoys me as i have done nothing wrong with this account? even have 62 positive feedback on ebay ( ebay account is fine) but no good to me without paypal...paypal sucks!!! they said i could appeal as sometimes there is some misunderstandings! ..so i have! i have put in a complaint to paypal and asked them to look into this further and not to rely on computers to tell lies! my mother in law is 66 years old and never had any kind of debt etc in her life so this bloody annoys me....and i cant even take any money out until 90 days have past!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2012

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Perhaps, but I doubt it was IP address alone. Maybe the p/p request for docs might be more relevant given that they don't normally request them until you get to £1650 not £1k.

Also the chances are if you and a neighbour use the same ISP (very likely as I have about 5 all on the same around me, easy to spot when using wifi) then with dynamic IP you would likely share the same IP at some time or another. If both of you are e/b users would e/b ban you both for having used the same IP?

I doubt it very much so that's why I suggest there was another link/suspicion on their part. IP is too inconclusive to get you banned on that alone.
Inconclusive? You seem to think eBay operate on some kind of "fair" system. They don't. That's why we are here.

I have been banned logging into an account from an internet cafe in my local town. So have many many people. Reason? Blanket IP banning. There was even a 'suggestion' a while ago that PP blanket permanently limited a whole postcode due a large eBay postal fraud. Everyone got taken down. A whole postcode of people who had done nowt wrong!!!!

We'll have to agree to dis on this one. I'm safe in the knowledge that this was the reason. Instant link - not necessarily an instant ban.

I'm aware that the limit lift is £1,650. However, I had taken two large payments (£600 and £400) in the space of a few days. Anything over £600 in my experience (on a newish account) PayPal will ask for the verification details as they see it that you are quickly approaching the figure. They don't simply 'wait' until you hit that very specific figure.

Like I say, IP is an instant link, not necessarily a ban. I lifted the limit and BOTH accounts functioned fine after [although I treated them as Siamese twins and left the low feedback account alone to rot].
Old 02-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
i spoke to them again yesterday and they told me this time it was issues with mutiple accounts? i do not have multiple accounts...this is the first time i have made a legit account with mother in laws details...everything is spot on...address ... name etc told me they would revies it again! got an email today saying decision stands but that one will be due to the phone call on thusrday... i will probably get told this again in a few days after yesterdays phone call! but this really annoys me as i have done nothing wrong with this account? even have 62 positive feedback on ebay ( ebay account is fine) but no good to me without paypal...paypal sucks!!! they said i could appeal as sometimes there is some misunderstandings! ..so i have! i have put in a complaint to paypal and asked them to look into this further and not to rely on computers to tell lies! my mother in law is 66 years old and never had any kind of debt etc in her life so this bloody annoys me....and i cant even take any money out until 90 days have past!
Sucks, but p/p don't usually get it too wrong when they claim multiple accounts as the cause for limitation. They must have pretty convincing evidence. Perhaps your mother in law has had p/p accounts in the past as limitation has nothing to do with past debts or credit score, unless these debts are owed to e/b or p/p of course.
Old 02-12-2012

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Think about a link. It's not likely that they have made a mistake.

Your computer? Has it been used on eBay in anyway - perhaps even before you bought it...
Old 02-12-2012

Longevity: 74%

Does anyone know how to change my ip address using a 3 wifi modem?
Old 02-12-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

modem Hmmm

have you tried turning it off and back on

is their a reset button?
Old 02-12-2012

I have a ebay account for over 3 years. But about to buy another ebay/paypal account. Are you sure i can use CCleaner and NOT be discovered using two accounts on one PC?? I have 2 modems at home. Cable and verizon/dsl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Use CCleaner and you're set
Old 02-12-2012

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
modem Hmmm

have you tried turning it off and back on

is their a reset button?
It's ok now I changed the settings online which gives me a dynamic ip so it's all good. Thanks
Old 02-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

well paypal got it wrong this time...i put in a complaint on sunday and today my account has had the limitation lifted!!! i am back up and running!!!!! cant believe it!!
Old 02-18-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
I use T-Mobile dongle and run 16 PayPal accounts from it. Every time you log between user accounts you get a different IP.
)
is that true i was thinking about one to run alongside my BB with virgin i was under the impression you had to remove the dongle and change accounts then insert it for a different IP

ty
Old 02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
You use an app like pdanet on the phone to either create a wifi hotspot or cable tethered.

Thanks for all the good info. I am new to a smartphone and not real computer savy. Sandy D said to make sure I read up on tethering and using a cell phone for IP. I have Googled it and searched on these threads for Tethering info. I guess Im still confused. The things Ive read say different things so my question is: On tethering Im using my Smartphone Data Plan right? And I am using my 4g not home router. I prefer the usb method, so would I be using my phones IP each time? wouldnt it be the same IP each time since its assigned to my phone? OR do I use another program in addition to the Pdanet to get a new IP each time?
Old 02-19-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeppers View Post
I have a ebay account for over 3 years. But about to buy another ebay/paypal account. Are you sure i can use CCleaner and NOT be discovered using two accounts on one PC?? I have 2 modems at home. Cable and verizon/dsl.
For extra security and so I can sleep better at night, I also use firefox in private mode and have that as the default setting
I combine this with ccleaner because im paranoid
I found that for some reason when I use chrome even after using ccleaner, I still get the "welcome (username), not you?" message from ebay and I freak out
Not sure why... CCleaner didnt seem to be working properly with chrome because the fix that I found was manually clearing all my Chrome data from inside the program
Old 02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie1172 View Post
Thanks for all the good info. I am new to a smartphone and not real computer savy. Sandy D said to make sure I read up on tethering and using a cell phone for IP. I have Googled it and searched on these threads for Tethering info. I guess Im still confused. The things Ive read say different things so my question is: On tethering Im using my Smartphone Data Plan right? And I am using my 4g not home router. I prefer the usb method, so would I be using my phones IP each time? wouldnt it be the same IP each time since its assigned to my phone? OR do I use another program in addition to the Pdanet to get a new IP each time?
Lol seems you have quite a bit to learn

1. You will be using your 3G/4G data from your phone. Make sure you turn off your wifi, and make sure it's set to never automatically join your home network
2. USB tethering works exactly the same way as wifi/bluetooth tethering
3. Everytime you reactivate your cellular data, you are assigned with a "new" IP address
You do not need an app to change your IP address
You can either: toggle "aeroplane mode"
Or
Disable cellular data and reactivate it
4. You can log your phone's IP address history and ensure that you are assigned with a new IP that you haven't used before using the following apps:
"IPManager" by Techeden for iPhone
"IP Track" for Android
Old 02-20-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
buy from anywhere that sells them

there are plenty of options available

1 month rolling contract,12 month contract,24 month,pay as you go

i would stick with the 1 month rolling
Am i right in thinking that everytime i log in or out with a dongle im assigned another IP???

just i was about to buy one from t mobile but the guy in live chat put me off he said the ip of the dongle never changes

this contradicts what i was led to believe not sure if he was clued up or not but he was adamant that the IP never changed

can anyone confirm he is wrong??
Old 01-14-2014

Default Best and most reliable dongle out there for UK users.

Heard alot of UK users on here are using the 3G dongles, are they reliable? Wide range of IP's? Network speeds? Easily accessible everywhere?

Any other recommendations, pay as you go preferably perhaps? Any issues with PP/Ebay when using these dongles?

Do share your experiences.

P.S, what sort of ranges do the IP address start with? (in terms of digits/numbers)
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Best and most reliable dongle out there for UK users.

3 mobile on contract.

Huge range of IP but really cant be arsed posting them.
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

I use t-mobile for a dongle when ever I need to.

I like that you can pay £10 and use any 7 days you choose without them having to be concurrent. I do not often need a dongle so it comes in happy for the odd day I do need to use it.

Virgin I use for tetherhing. Again pretty decent.
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Giff Gaff which uses the o2 network is a ok, no problems thus far but I also use three which I can vouch for there range is excellent!

Get a unlcoked dongle from ebay there cheap enough and then all you need is the sims. Some contracts will come with the mifi but if you want to stick to PAYG then the dongle on ebay and free sim is your best bet
Old 01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Giff Gaff which uses the o2 network is a ok, no problems thus far but I also use three which I can vouch for there range is excellent!

Get a unlcoked dongle from ebay there cheap enough and then all you need is the sims. Some contracts will come with the mifi but if you want to stick to PAYG then the dongle on ebay and free sim is your best bet

What sort of unlocked dongles are we talking about, also are they available anywhere else apart from eBay?

I'm guessing the costs for PAYG dongles range from about £10-30 a month, so I'd buy a pay as you go sim with a 1Gb allowance or something similar?
Old 01-14-2014

Longevity: 80%

THREE best ive used by a mile - used THREE/vodafone/o2/t-mobile in past

Massive range of IP's
Old 01-14-2014

Longevity: 59%

Whats the deal with using ebay mobiley can this be done stealth wise ??
Or is it only done via webpage on computer? Thanks cant find aage for this
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

When you say ebay mobile, do you mean the app? Or using eBay on your phone via a browser?