eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   what dongles are the best? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/42525-what-dongles-best.html)

beeb 02-10-2012 04:20 AM

what dongles are the best?

ok since paypal have decided to shut my account down after 2 weeks (ebay is fine but no use without paypal) i was thinking of buying a dongle and using it on a different laptop ... would this work ok? as i have a stealth account that i have had for 2 years that my husband uses and i dont want to involve this account...if so can anyone recommend the best dongles to use? or are they all about the same?

thanks

GTB 02-10-2012 04:24 AM

i highly recommend three mobile dongle

but heard vodafone is good too

beeb 02-10-2012 04:32 AM

thanks i was looking at the ones from 3 ... can you just buy these from the 3 stores? and will it have no connections with my router in the house? as i am going to open legit ebay/paypal accounts using my daughter in laws details but she is at work all day and wouldnt be able to reply to messages or post items, hence the reason i will do it all from my house, as long as there would be no connections with router etc as my hubby has a stealth account that i have had for 2 years and he uses that one....any advice would be grateful

Pringles 02-10-2012 04:36 AM

The account you are using the dongle on will have no affiliation with your home router. You should be able to buy one at any 3 store..

I had no idea they had 3 mobile overseas. I thought it was an Aussie-only company

GTB 02-10-2012 04:38 AM

buy from anywhere that sells them

there are plenty of options available

1 month rolling contract,12 month contract,24 month,pay as you go

i would stick with the 1 month rolling

beeb 02-10-2012 04:41 AM

if i used an old laptop which i think was used for ebay i would have to clean it all first? or use a different one altogether?

GTB 02-10-2012 05:03 AM

clean it bud

or just use a different windows user account

restore to factory settings if ya can though

Pringles 02-10-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 311063)
if i used an old laptop which i think was used for ebay i would have to clean it all first? or use a different one altogether?

Use CCleaner and you're set

beeb 02-10-2012 05:34 AM

cc cleaner... thats the one... i used this the first time

cant remember but does it take all ur photos etc off...do u need to back up first?

Pringles 02-10-2012 05:36 AM

It just gets rid of your cookies, cache, history, flash cookies (LSOs), etc....

It doesn't actually affect your personal files

johnnyleeds 02-10-2012 04:58 PM

I bought a dongle off ebay for under a tenner, however I mostly use my mobile phone to access mobile broadband by tethering it with my laptop, if you have a smartphone that has a built in modem then you can do this and you wont need to get a dongle. I would strongly recommend GiffGaff as their prices are the best value.

seanws30 02-10-2012 05:01 PM

well i dont like to brag, but...... :redface:

anyway, i use virgin mobile. so easy to change ips, i let my cat do it.

degsey69 02-10-2012 08:34 PM

Any USB modem in any country is good so long as you get good internet speed, they all act as dial up modems and change the ip each time you use it.

Here is some of the best advice you will hear about using a usb dongle with a stealth account.

1. Always start up and close down the usb dongle from the windows account you are using it from.
2. Never switch users while the usb modem is running and look at another stealth account in another windows account, you have just linked the same ip address.
3. Never use a phone tether if you normaly connect yor mobile phone through your router. If you do this power down the router and let the mobile phone use 3G. Tethering with a cell phone that uses the home or office wifi will grab the banned ip address that you are trying not to use.

seanws30 I have verizon usb modem that is 4G and is lightening fast and you can set up a vpn from within it as well, my Virgin one ran like a snail in comparison.

Cassie 02-11-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 311246)
I bought a dongle off ebay for under a tenner, however I mostly use my mobile phone to access mobile broadband by tethering it with my laptop, if you have a smartphone that has a built in modem then you can do this and you wont need to get a dongle. I would strongly recommend GiffGaff as their prices are the best value.

hi johnny

how do you do that please?

degsey69 02-12-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 311429)
hi johnny

how do you do that please?

You use an app like pdanet on the phone to either create a wifi hotspot or cable tethered.

Roman 02-12-2012 08:31 AM

Three is by far the best network to go with for Mobile Broadband, They are the only network provider who provides truely unlimited data with their packages (fair usage policy does apply however limit is significantly higher than any other uk provider)

mattytman 02-12-2012 09:47 AM

I use T-Mobile dongle and run 16 PayPal accounts from it. Every time you log between user accounts you get a different IP.

I have been caught out twice whereby the IP range has doubled up on a banned account and linked me :(

Not bad in two years though :)

NoneOther 02-12-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 311632)
I use T-Mobile dongle and run 16 PayPal accounts from it. Every time you log between user accounts you get a different IP.

I have been caught out twice whereby the IP range has doubled up on a banned account and linked me :(

Not bad in two years though :)

I would guess that it was more than just IP similarities that got you banned. There are hundreds if not thousands of users regularly over any given IP range and you can bet a high percentage of them are on e/b at some point. E/b would be banning left right and centre if IP were the main factor for linking. IMHO it's a link for sure but a fairly minor one, there has to be more concrete evidence than just that.

mattytman 02-12-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 311637)
I would guess that it was more than just IP similarities that got you banned. There are hundreds if not thousands of users regularly over any given IP range and you can bet a high percentage of them are on e/b at some point. E/b would be banning left right and centre if IP were the main factor for linking. IMHO it's a link for sure but a fairly minor one, there has to be more concrete evidence than just that.

My sister is a techy and she created a program for me that logged my IP on a spreadsheet. I had about ten/twelve eBay/PayPal's at the time and I was logging in an out of user accounts hundreds of times a day. Two accounts got slammed at the same time. No buyer disputes. Nothing out of the ordinary accept one of the PayPal's wanted documents as I was approaching £1k limit.

My sis handed the spreadsheet with a bright yellow highlighter pen slashing through two IP addresses. The exact same IP had been generated and the times etc all matched up to when they both got slammed.

The chances are remote -- but I felt that was evidence enough...

Thankful 02-12-2012 11:44 AM

"3" mate cheap and decent connection.

mattytman 02-12-2012 12:06 PM

It really depends where you are...

3 is useless where I live.

T-mobile has a great signal in the upstairs of my house and none at all downstairs. But I do keep my stealths in a nuclear bunker :ninja:

NoneOther 02-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 311638)
My sister is a techy and she created a program for me that logged my IP on a spreadsheet. I had about ten/twelve eBay/PayPal's at the time and I was logging in an out of user accounts hundreds of times a day. Two accounts got slammed at the same time. No buyer disputes. Nothing out of the ordinary accept one of the PayPal's wanted documents as I was approaching £1k limit.

My sis handed the spreadsheet with a bright yellow highlighter pen slashing through two IP addresses. The exact same IP had been generated and the times etc all matched up to when they both got slammed.

The chances are remote -- but I felt that was evidence enough...

Perhaps, but I doubt it was IP address alone. Maybe the p/p request for docs might be more relevant given that they don't normally request them until you get to £1650 not £1k.

Also the chances are if you and a neighbour use the same ISP (very likely as I have about 5 all on the same around me, easy to spot when using wifi) then with dynamic IP you would likely share the same IP at some time or another. If both of you are e/b users would e/b ban you both for having used the same IP?

I doubt it very much so that's why I suggest there was another link/suspicion on their part. IP is too inconclusive to get you banned on that alone.