eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Laptop "Kicked the Bucket" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/43826-laptop-kicked-bucket.html)

Bam 03-12-2012 02:27 PM

Laptop "Kicked the Bucket"

Today my laptop died (R.I.P):tears: and My auction ends in a few hours. I just got a new desktop however.

How can I set up my new user accounts on the new desktop without linkage.:pry:

BiN4RY 03-12-2012 02:36 PM

Read the stealth book :smash:

degsey69 03-12-2012 02:40 PM

Just set up another user account on your desktop then the only thing that is the same is the ip address which you were probaly using with your laptop.

rsot 03-12-2012 02:42 PM

Use different windows user accounts for each account.

Thankful 03-12-2012 02:49 PM

Always happens at the worst times huh lol - Good luck - As long you keep the log ins different with user accounts and different ip you should be fine as mentioned. :thumb:

Bam 03-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 320546)
Read the stealth book :smash:

I didn't remember seeing anything in the stealth book about switching computers. :noidea:

Thankful 03-12-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bam (Post 320555)
I didn't remember seeing anything in the stealth book about switching computers. :noidea:

There is nothing there about switching pc's but there is about switching user accounts - your aim is to avoid linking!!

Bam 03-12-2012 03:38 PM

Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanxful (Post 320557)
There is nothing there about switching pc's but there is about switching user accounts - your aim is to avoid linking!!

On my old laptop, I was using free wifi for my account #1. On my account # 2, I rececently purchased comcast. Now the (free )internet is down for account #1. However, I copied the IP address down along with the SB and Gw. Is there a way that I can manually input the IP address in.

BiN4RY 03-12-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bam (Post 320580)
On my old laptop, I was using free wifi for my account #1. On my account # 2, I rececently purchased comcast. Now the (free )internet is down for account #1. However, I copied the IP address down along with the SB and Gw. Is there a way that I can manually input the IP address in.

You obviously have not been doing a lot of research on the forum. Public wifis are huge risks for you since other people can log into their (potentially suspended) eBay accounts too. It doesn't matter if you are in a new IP range or not, just establish a lot of browsing activities and you're fine. Also you cannot "manually input" your IP address, it doesn't work that way.

Bam 03-12-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 320608)
You obviously have not been doing a lot of research on the forum. Public wifis are huge risks for you since other people can log into their (potentially suspended) eBay accounts too. It doesn't matter if you are in a new IP range or not, just establish a lot of browsing activities and you're fine. Also you cannot "manually input" your IP address, it doesn't work that way.

Thank you for your reply. By doing lots of research, I invested into comcast because after readying these forums, I have learned that Public wifis are huge risks. However, this was after opening my ebay account.

After posting this thread, I found some common sense,in the pocket of my old jeans. I decide I would use it before posting from now on.

Call it a case of "posting while scared", but I should not have to much to worry about since I am not linked to any suspended accounts.

Thank you so much for the advice.

download3000 03-12-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 320608)

ugghhh lol first of all c'mon what are the chances that a person that has a suspended ebay accounts log into that wifi not including the fact that the ip could change daily/monthly/weekly am gona say 1 in 2.5million haha. In my opinion its safer to use a open wifi then your own you never know :P sometimes mistakes happen.

BiN4RY 03-13-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by download3000 (Post 320695)
ugghhh lol first of all c'mon what are the chances that a person that has a suspended ebay accounts log into that wifi not including the fact that the ip could change daily/monthly/weekly am gona say 1 in 2.5million haha. In my opinion its safer to use a open wifi then your own you never know :P sometimes mistakes happen.

A lot of us forum members have admitted that we have logged in suspended accounts or is logging in suspended accounts on public wifis, actually.

jbluntz 03-13-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bam (Post 320543)
Today my laptop died (R.I.P):tears: and My auction ends in a few hours. I just got a new desktop however.

How can I set up my new user accounts on the new desktop without linkage.:pry:

One of the reasons I always keep a backup, $300 laptop at walmart is all you need.

FizzyFish 03-13-2012 06:59 AM

Wow me too!
Mine is fubard with everything on it. All my user accounts, the lot!
How the hell do you move user profiles to a new computer? Is it even possible?
I want smash the laptop until it is just dust in the wind - ill teach it a lesson!
I am somewhat worried now about logging in with no cookies or anything on a new computer. I hope eBay and pp don't get too excited about it...

JJGold 03-13-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FizzyFish (Post 320771)
Wow me too!
Mine is fubard with everything on it. All my user accounts, the lot!
How the hell do you move user profiles to a new computer? Is it even possible?
I want smash the laptop until it is just dust in the wind - ill teach it a lesson!
I am somewhat worried now about logging in with no cookies or anything on a new computer. I hope eBay and pp don't get too excited about it...

If the hard drive of your old computer is still operable you can clone it to your new hard drive. Transfers everything. The one I bought was called Apricorn Ez-Upgrade Universal $29.99. It comes with the cradle and software. You can also use it as an external back up hard drive.

rsot 03-13-2012 08:57 AM

Apricorn Ez-Upgrade Universal $29.99 is just a software?

FizzyFish 03-13-2012 12:40 PM

Intresting thanks for that.

It looks like hardware too, not just software. But it is specifically for upgrading your HD without having to f* on with a fresh install of your OS etc

Quote:

EZ Upgrade makes upgrading your notebook hard drive as easy at 1-2-3.

This innovative kit includes all the hardware and software needed to painlessly transfer all the data from an old hard drive to a new hard drive in three easy steps. To upgrade your notebook hard drive simply:

JJGold 03-13-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 320800)
Apricorn Ez-Upgrade Universal $29.99 is just a software?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJGold (Post 320776)
.........It comes with the cradle and software. You can also use it as an external back up hard drive.

rsot 03-13-2012 01:41 PM

Monday...yeah I was not quick on it =(

JJGold 03-13-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 320904)
Monday...yeah I was not quick on it =(

It's Tuesday.:doh:

BiN4RY 03-13-2012 02:01 PM

Oh rsot :pound: