eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Question about CCleaner after running it (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/4494-question-about-ccleaner-after-running.html)

cash415 05-07-2008 07:16 PM

Question about CCleaner after running it

I'm in the process of signing up with a new eBay account. I just wanted some help in case I missed out on something. I just ran CCleaner on my computer and was wondering if I should delete or clean anything else. I also downloaded the newer version. I'm not going to login to Paypal and eBay until I find a way to change/hide my IP address. I already made a new bank account with a different address and name. Anything else I'm missing?

ebayhateluv 05-07-2008 07:37 PM

Hello: Lots of stuff..
You really need the Ebay Stealth book-its all organized, into 1 neat place.. Too much to list here.

NowWhat 05-07-2008 09:27 PM

The book, and what has been said here recently about the flash objects - although I think I have understood that that is not a concern? AOL 7 on high security has hidden my IP so far.

Don't forget the gift cc in the new name. And the phone number.

You need to review the book several times - but remember some of it is now out-dated. STUDY THE FORUM!

cash415 05-07-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NowWhat (Post 40027)
The book, and what has been said here recently about the flash objects - although I think I have understood that that is not a concern? AOL 7 on high security has hidden my IP so far.

Don't forget the gift cc in the new name. And the phone number.

You need to review the book several times - but remember some of it is now out-dated. STUDY THE FORUM!

I've actually made an eBay account before using the same info from the old aspkin website. My new bank account/check card has a new name with a new address. In regards to the phone number, I'm just going to make anything that works. I don't recall installing any flash objects to my computer from eBay, so I think I'm good with that. My main concern right now is how to change my IP address.

What do you guys think, should I just sign up for a dynamic IP and pay the extra $25-$30 a month, or should I try using SmartHide and pay $10 a month for their services? I'm leaning towards SmartHide but I want more information regarding their services before jumping on it.

twdell 05-08-2008 07:53 AM

i don't think you want to hide your ip address. ebay and paypal do not like this, because they know you are doing it for a reason. just make sure you change your ip between accounts.

cash415 05-08-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdell (Post 40087)
i don't think you want to hide your ip address. ebay and paypal do not like this, because they know you are doing it for a reason. just make sure you change your ip between accounts.

Are you saying I should just subscribe for the dynamic IP with my ISP and pay the additional $25 per month? I know some members from this forum have tried using SmartHide.

twdell 05-08-2008 12:35 PM

all i do is manually change my ip through my computer. like others have told you i think you need to get the ebook, or read the forum a lot more carefully. getting back on ebay and staying there isn't that hard once you know a few simple rules.

cash415 05-08-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdell (Post 40105)
all i do is manually change my ip through my computer. like others have told you i think you need to get the ebook, or read the forum a lot more carefully. getting back on ebay and staying there isn't that hard once you know a few simple rules.

the ebook isn't going to help solve my problem since i already know most of the tricks. my only problem is getting a new ip address. since i'm using a router, i can't drop my ip address. my isp won't drop my ip and give me a new one either. at&t told me that i have to either get a dynamic ip and pay the extra amount or sign up for a new service.

GreenBean 05-08-2008 05:44 PM

What happens to your IP address if you just connect the modem to the PC and not use
the router? I thought that makes it change. Have you tried that?

cash415 05-08-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 40148)
What happens to your IP address if you just connect the modem to the PC and not use

changing your ip address is different when you're using a router. if your computer is connected directly to the internet, it is easier to drop your current ip and get a new one. since there are 3 computers connected to the router, connecting my computer directly to the internet and changing my current ip won't work because as soon as i plug the internet back to my router, the same ip address will show up. a lot of this have to do with your isp as well, some companies are able to give you a new one without paying any fees, at&t doesn't provide that service to their customers.

twdell 05-09-2008 07:29 AM

you have to make sacrifices. using a router was convenient for me too. now that i have to have different ips i connect my router to my pc, and swap the modem between 2 pcs. changing the routers ip isn't hard. there are a few posts on here on how to do it.

i also thought you could do a reset on the router. there is a tiny reset button on the back that you need to push in. i think i tried this once, and it reset the ip by one or two numbers.

bigbill321 05-13-2008 05:23 PM

Ihave a question what should I check on CCleaner, I just clicked on IE and it wanted to delete Java and Macromedia is this ok? I don't want to f-up my computer.

MasterChief 05-14-2008 02:49 AM

Just use Firefox, and download the add-on called Objection.

But CCleaner also gets rid of Flash Cookies from my experience.

Schniggy2 05-16-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 40148)

That will only change the internal IP :rolleyes:

The modem will use the same IP as the router had seeing as the router is plugged into the modem and the modem is what gets the Actual (internet) IP address.

All pcs connecting to the internet via one router modem with have the exact same internet IP.

Where I am at the moment I can turn off my modem for 10 seconds then turn it back on and I'll get a different IP, obviously this happens because my IP is dynamic ;)

On a side note I can't believe they charge you $25 for a dynamic IP address, surely it must cost the ISP more to provide a static IP :confused:

GreenBean 05-16-2008 09:08 AM

Schniggy2, thanks for that answer. Bit confusing. I have a dynamic IP so that is one
less hassle for me.