eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Ebay Tracking....Solution Found....Happy Selling!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/47634-ebay-tracking-solution-found-happy-selling.html)

club1010 06-17-2012 09:42 PM

Ebay Tracking....Solution Found....Happy Selling!!

Okay, the issue is ebayaintstupid is right about the whole beacon issue and aspkin is also right about tracking scripts embedded in source codes used for writing web pages. Okay now the REAL issue is how do we stop this madness?

Answers are:

1. Stick to one web browser per account is you have multiple account.

2. Make sure you tell websites you DON'T want to be tracked by clicking on "Tools", "options", and the "Privacy" in Mozilla Firefox and clicking the inside the little box which says "Tell Browsers I don't want to be tracked"

3. Click on "tools" and click on "Start in Private Browsing" to prevent sniffers (Ebay/Paypal) from inserting java script into your system in other to sniff your computer.

4. If you have multiple ebay & paypal account, then use different browser for each one and make sure you note which browser is for which account by writing them down in you notepad or diary.

Here are list of browsers you can use:

Browsers List

You will find which browser is capable of running on which OS as some browsers may run fine on Windows and not run fine on Apple or Linux and vice versa.

So dedicate one browser to one USER ACCOUNT on your computer and then dedicate the user account to one ebay+paypal account and MAKE SURE you don't mix them up while logging in.

Happy Selling to everyone.

=}-

JustJenny 06-17-2012 11:33 PM

For a while, I've used a Firefox add-on called "Ghostery" which displays, and allow you to selectively block, any or all trackers on web pages. It's amazing sometime to hit a page and see a dozen or more blocked trackers (there are only 3 detected on THIS page, which I think Askpin himself confirmed a couple of years ago in the related old thread). I also use a Firefox add-on called "Better Privacy" which manages LSO's and integrates them into Firefox so they are treated the same as regular cookies.

Finally, I am aware of several services which allow you to track an e-mail you've sent. These are able to tell you if it was opened, when, how many times, from what IP, if it was forwarded, and to where. I've always wondered if eBay uses that in theirs, and these threads seem to confirm my suspicion. None of the tools I use (except as suggested blocking images in ALL e-mails) will stop the e-mail beacons though.

Good stuff, thanks! I'm learning a LOT here already. It's all pretty overwhelming.

club1010 06-18-2012 08:24 AM

Yeah, you know ebay and paypal come up with soemthing wierd every now and then, Ghostery is good but when you have to use multiple accounts on your computer then the best method I think is to have separate user account with each using different browsers and then you have to use only I ebay & paypal account per user account and per one browser.

=}-

oompaloompa 06-18-2012 02:01 PM

as long as you are on dedicated user, for ebay/pp, cookies are good,