eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Help? USB dongle/internet stick - Just $35/month for unlimited!? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/50034-help-usb-dongle-internet-stick-just-35-month-unlimited.html)

mcmx 08-23-2012 11:08 PM

Help? USB dongle/internet stick - Just $35/month for unlimited!?

I'm just looking for some tips on buying an internet stick/dongle to use to change my IP address. So as far as I'm concerned, all you do is unplug & plug back in to get a new IP? (Or reset it..) I

As you can see, I am located in Canada. There's a company called WIND Mobile here and I noticed that for their mobile data plans, they have unlimited data for $35/month which IMO is a good deal. Here: WIND Mobile | Hi-speed Mobile Internet Plans

However, I'm worried since they're not as big of a company as Bell or Rogers or Virgin, the variety of IP addresses would be small. Am I right?

Is there anything to look for or ask while shopping for one of these?

I might go to their store tomorrow and I want to make sure that this thing can be used perfectly to change my IP address between accounts (I plan on having around 10 or so stealth accounts)

I'm genuinely hoping it's as easy as it sounds...
- Switch user accounts on my computer
- Plug in & out to get new IP address
- Sign into eBay and do business

tryingtofigurethisout 08-29-2012 03:46 PM

Would love to see some answers to this as well.

mcmx 08-29-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 371961)
Would love to see some answers to this as well.

Idk if this helps, but: I actually talked to the Rogers customer service here in Canada (the biggest ISP) and I asked if I'd get a new IP address every time I plugged the dongle/stick in & out. He said no, not often + that it could take some time. I also asked about their variety of IPs and he said that they can't guarantee that I won't end up with pool of recycled IPs. -.- So that's definitely not a service worth $53 a month. I know WIND is $35/month here but considering how small of a company it is compared to Rogers, I HIGHLY doubt it could be any better.

I'm seriously considering using VPS. I keep asking why not use VPS but I don't think I've gotten a clear answer from anyone yet. I've seen people say that there's "better options" and they mention the USB dongle, dial-up, or tether. But...Of course, I just mentioned what's wrong with the USB dongle above. As for dial-up: way too slow for my patience. Tethering: would use the same ISP (Rogers) connection so there's no reason to think it would work better than a dongle.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between VPS [supposedly better] and VPN. Also keep in mind that many people say you should use VPS when you're trying to "pretend" you're in another country...whereas I'm not trying to do that. I'd use it "within my country". There'd be a static IP assigned to each account, so you wouldn't have to worry about IPs crossing over. It would also be fast & convenient to change between IPs. You could also use it if you're out of the country or on vacation. (Seems better than a dongle, doesn't it?)

I'm not fully knowledgable when it comes to this type of stuff but this is just from my point of view. I really want to hear what other people have to say as well. I've seen a couple others say so, too.