eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Will eBay ever start detecting us from our computer? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/52044-will-ebay-ever-start-detecting-us-our-computer.html)

natashaiera 10-21-2012 01:45 PM

Will eBay ever start detecting us from our computer?

Okay, I know this is random, but I have to ask. When I print out coupons, they can detect if you've already printed out the coupon by the computer you used. So why doesn't eBay do that?

BigCJ 10-21-2012 01:53 PM

Im sure in the future they will, but right now, they may just not have the resources to truly go after us. They are big, but not as big as amazon, who can afford to pay for such detection systems.

A large chunk of their revenue comes from us, the stealth users. Many of us are legit people who pay ebay reps a good salary with their fees and such. They cannot afford to just be business based alone like amazon is TRYING to become.

They can detect it, but choose to ignore it for the most part unless you become an issue.

TGMT² 10-21-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natashaiera (Post 385992)
When I print out coupons, they can detect if you've already printed out the coupon by the computer you used.

Next time you print out one of those coupons, try printing out the second one on a different user account on the same computer.

Hopefully you see where I'm going with this. ;)

rsot 10-21-2012 04:24 PM

Stealth methods work for more than just eB :)

imjustme 10-21-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 386002)
Sooner or later no one would be able to become seller on eBay unless you send them documents to prove their identity. I will say this once more. eBay doesn't need anymore sellers. They have enough and they don't need anymore. Eventually only big official companies will be selling on eBay. No more small timer sellers.

I am waiting for that moment. It will be the end of eBay and the start of a new era. :lol:

yotano211 10-21-2012 04:35 PM

They will never detect us over computers, they would have to legally install programs that monitor certain things on your computer. If that happens they violate so many privacy laws and get tons of lawsuits in their legal department.

They are a publicly traded company so they need some kind of growth to please the shareholders. They might add some more security measures in the future but nothing too extreme.

Besides, if and when ebay becomes a selling platform for big companies, another selling platform for small time sellers will arise, Craiglist?

GreenBean 10-21-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 386023)
I am waiting for that moment. It will be the end of eBay and the start of a new era. :lol:

Your time will come then!

Bring it on

:thumb:

jamcocktail21 10-21-2012 09:18 PM

Hope you are joking guys:):ahhhhhh:

jeffweico 10-21-2012 09:27 PM

eBay likely HAS the technology to do this already. If they don't they can certainly AFFORD it. Money is not the issue here.

eBay, for right now, is comfortable with their security measures.

To remain successful in the future, I would always recommend that you assume eBay CAN flip that switch at any time. Take steps to prevent the detection now and stay current on what is happening. That will help you to avoid any nasty surprises down the road.

jamcocktail21 10-21-2012 11:17 PM

Yea i guess it's time to move to VMWARE for each account :)

slapped 10-21-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 386071)
eBay likely HAS the technology to do this already. If they don't they can certainly AFFORD it. Money is not the issue here.

eBay, for right now, is comfortable with their security measures.

To remain successful in the future, I would always recommend that you assume eBay CAN flip that switch at any time. Take steps to prevent the detection now and stay current on what is happening. That will help you to avoid any nasty surprises down the road.

This is SOOOO True,,,Yotano above also makes a GREAT Point,,, Ebay has Investors to satisfy, they CANNOT simply do away with so Many sellers in 1 Foul swoop, They NEED Us, the more sellers, the More competition, the Further prices drop,,Even Sellers who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods help Keep prices low.

As for Ebay being a Platform for Big companies to sell on, That USED to be the case, big Sellers have been Leaving Ebay in DROVES over the last few years, in favor of their own websites, there seems to be NO stopping this Exodus.

Another thing, Everyone is so Fixated on the "Technology" end of this Equation, if Ebay wanted to "Clean" Thing up by Shutting down Bad sellers, all they would have to do is Require a SSN for EVERY Seller account, including those that have EIN's,,,,Game OVER,,,

LoopHole 10-22-2012 12:55 AM

If they wanted us gone, We would be gone a long time ago.

rsot 10-22-2012 06:15 AM

in favor of their own websites, - key