eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   A non-typical situation- will this link my accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/54125-non-typical-situation-will-link-my-accounts.html)

Perforu 12-13-2012 11:58 AM

A non-typical situation- will this link my accounts?

Hi all,

I have a commercial ebay account at which I'm selling photo gear. I also have a personal Paypal account at which I used to buy and sell clothes. This personal account got indefinitely suspended from selling in clothes category (funnily enough- without any reason.. and I can't make ebay customer support anwser WHY- I only receive generic, ctrl + C / ctrl + V trash anwsers). Of course I can still sell my photo equipment from my commercial account, because the suspension is for only CLOTHES category in my personal account.

I want to keep selling my clothes so I created a Paypal account for my girlfriend and I'll be creating an ebay account once Paypal account verifies.

Here are some non-typical questions:

1. Can I keep using my commercial account for selling photo equipment on the same IP address / same PC as my newly created account for selling clothes? I didn't try even once to sell clothes at my commercial account, so I don't know if the suspension has been linked to it or not.

2. Can ebay link my suspension to the newly created account in the following manner:

old personal account, which was suspended -> linked to commercial account (although there were no clothes sales) -> link to my girlfriend's account ?

3. Can ebay link their accounts basing on Paypal activity? I would like to keep my old personal / commercial Paypal accounts and be able to use them from the same IP address / same PC as my newly created girlfriend's ebay/Paypal account.

Thanks for your help guys!

NoneOther 12-13-2012 06:55 PM

Any links to banned accounts are dangerous where e/b & p/p are concerned.

If an account is suspended/banned then it poses a threat to any other accounts that have a common link i.e. name, address, IP etc and yes they can also link on p/p activity.

In your case all these links already exist and further linking them to any new accounts will result in the inevitable.

Will e/b or p/p close your other accounts?

Who knows? My guess is they will eventually, maybe not tomorrow or next week or even next month, but they will eventually.

Your best option is to continue with your existing accounts as long as they will allow but create stealth accounts in preparation.

Perforu 12-13-2012 07:48 PM

Ok so if I logged in my gf's newly created Paypal account from the same IP address as I logged to my old Paypal account (associated with suspended account), this might link my suspended ebay account to my gf's ebay account (although I didn't create it yet)?

Do I need to start from scratch? One a sidenote- my ebay account is suspended only for one category and my Paypal is not suspended at all and never was.

NoneOther 12-14-2012 03:56 AM

I understand what you say, however your e/b account is now 'marked' and any further problems could lead to it going down completely.

As I said the links to a 'marked' account now exist and any new accounts made using any similar info, including IP would potentially be at risk in the future.

New stealth accounts will negate this risk and avoid any future problems.

If your existing accounts survive as they are that's good but with stealth accounts at your disposal you need not worry if they do indeed get banned at some point.

rsot 12-14-2012 06:46 AM

Answer like NoneOther says is to go stealth - start getting separate unlinked accounts pronto

GreenBean 12-14-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perforu (Post 401006)
Ok so if I logged in my gf's newly created Paypal account from the same IP address as I logged to my old Paypal account (associated with suspended account), this might link my suspended ebay account to my gf's ebay account (although I didn't create it yet)?

Do I need to start from scratch? One a sidenote- my ebay account is suspended only for one category and my Paypal is not suspended at all and never was.

ebay will tend to perceive the girl-friend's account as you attempting to get round the limiting in one category.

To have a chance of it working you can use nothing linked to the existing accounts.

Make 1000% sure all your info is new. Be careful.

B4 you make the (new) account, post here what you intend doing.

Post a plan that show no linking whatsoever.

Here's a hint: photos

:juggle:

work out what I meant by photos & you are on track for understanding stealth

:pop2:

Perforu 12-15-2012 07:50 AM

Thanks for your answers.

And here's my plan:

1. I'll have a separate computer for my new account.

2. I won't log in to any other ebay account from that computer. Before I create the new ebay account / log in to new Paypal, I'll make sure that all cookies / flash cookies are gone). I won't open any emails from ebay associated with my old ebay account.

3. Before I create it, I'll check if I logged in to my new Paypal from the same IP address as I logged in to my other two Paypal accounts. Here's a question:

Assuming that I did logged in from the same IP, can I create a brand new Paypal with the same (my gf's) data from a new IP or is this account toast no matter what I do?

4. I will use new photos of the stuff I'm selling, new description, new titles, etc. Also my gf's registration address is in a different city than me. I also won't be selling more than 1-2 items at time to keep low profile and to gain feedback I'll first list items that don't draw that much attention. By the way, from my experience it seems that ebay didn't have a problem with me when I was selling 1-2 high fashion brand items simultaneously. The problem started when I had 10 or more listings at the same time.

Another question. I use a router with dynamic IP so every computer / device has the same IP address visible 'from the other side' of the router. I need to be able to log in to my old commercial ebay account. I thought I'd use my mobile phone as a router for my clothes sales at new account. I see that each time I turn off & on my 3G connection, I receive a new IP address. If I clear all the cookie files / temporary internet files in my mobile (I used to log in to my ebay accounts with that mobile) is it a good idea to use it as an internet connection?