eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Update on Juno Dial-up plans...add privacy with a little loophole! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/6848-update-juno-dial-up-plans-add-privacy-little-loophole.html)

BlackMarketGirl 08-31-2008 08:51 PM

Update on Juno Dial-up plans...add privacy with a little loophole!

So I'm going through the AuctionStealth guide and it's really awesome and I'm switching to Dial-Up to change my IP.

So I called Juno and my goal was to get my Dial-Up without giving out one single personal information. And guess what...it is possible!

Here is how to do it.
  1. Call Juno at 1-888-839-5866
  2. Tell them you would like to sign up for a dialup account (it's $6.95/mo now) and pay cash.
  3. They will ask you for your name and address (use my suggestions about how to get a rural mailbox here) THey are going to send you a KIT, which is necessary to obtain your userID and password. So the address needs to be real.
  4. To make the payment in cash (without any form of ID) they will give you an MTC number for any Western Union location. With that number and the name you used for shipping, you will pay for your dialup access. There is a slight chance that the clerk will ask for ID when you making the payment, but they usually dont. I have to verify this. If they ask for ID say you are going to get it in your car...and drive to a different location.

So far to this point, you never revealed anything personal about you, no real name, no credit cards, no SSN. So your name is not linked to this dialup connection. GREAT!
Now juno has dozens of dialup number in every single state you can call. So if you want to pretend you live in OHio with a OH IP and address...you can do it. An hour later you will be somebody else from VA and so on.
Of course I will get a free long distance plan for my phone :)

I think dialup is the best solution for me. As the Stealth Guide suggests, I will create 10-15 different users on a laptop I will use exclusively to connect to ebay, and switch in between users and ebay accounts. In this way I not only allow ebay to send cookies (which they probably like and it raises less suspitions) but also wont have to go crazy trying to remember what user am I using, what IP and sleep at night because its very hard to log into ebay with the wrong ebay ID if you are using different users on your PC. So cookies are taken care of, IP addresses too, I got a bunch of new phone nnumbers...I should be all set pretty soon.

I'm paranoid about privacy...:cool:

doughboykilla 08-31-2008 11:30 PM

I been doing this over the past year now when i used dial up i never gave them my real info all they ask for is a gift card u can use any name and address on a gift card to sign up with

heck i even used dial up for free i never paid for it u can do unlimted free trails with dif gift cards

i used aol, earthlink, netzero , localnet all for free even had 1 ebay account asigned to each dial up :D

but my firend pointed out a way they can still track u as wehn u dial up into there ISP they get your phone number in there system then they can trace it back to u like if u every did anything illegal like hacking and stuff so there for u would need ⊗⊗⊗⊗info at your phone severice as well as ur isp

BlackMarketGirl 09-01-2008 09:12 AM

I think assigning one dialup service to each account might be a good idea.
However, how can ebay track your infos from the ISP...I dont think your ISP shares that kind of info with ebay...or they do?

My phone line is already on somebody else's name.

doughboykilla 09-01-2008 01:52 PM

Yeah i was just saying they could track u if u was doing serious some no good like if some one wanted to hack and useing dial up. Or saleing *gold* on ebay and stealing peoples money like that news topic online where that guy ripped off alot of people on ebay saleing gold they can track people like that.

And i dout ISP would share info with ebay but if it was the FBI i know they would in a heart beat

BlackMarketGirl 09-02-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 56557)
It is overkill. Unless you are up to some serious no good, there is no reason to hide your identity behind an IP address.

Lots of things that seemed "safe" 4 years ago, are absolutely unsafe today. Ebay keeps changing policies so we have to adapt too. What if ebay buys NetZero in 2009? Dialup people are screwed and all their accounts used on NetZero are going down.

Quasi_Mojo 09-02-2008 12:45 PM

What if grasshoppers had machine guns?
Man, cats would be hatin' it!

Jonas 09-02-2008 09:13 PM

eBay isn't going to buy an ISP and if they do, just get another.

You don't need to use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity on an ISP unless you're doing something illegal enough someone will get a warrant out on your information to sue you but not so illegal that the FBI will trace your phone number.

You also don't need to pay cash as credit cards just verify your zip code and street and it's possible to sign up for an ISP online so just your address number and zip needs to match not your name or phone.

BlackMarketGirl 09-03-2008 05:27 PM

Whatever. I'm paranoid.
Keeps me out of trouble though :D