eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Leaving the country. How to access eBay account? VPS safe? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/69501-leaving-country-how-access-ebay-account-vps-safe.html)

Joenice 01-22-2014 04:29 PM

Leaving the country. How to access eBay account? VPS safe?

Guy,

I am leaving US for 2 weeks and I don't want to risk login from another country. One of my friends told me he been using GoDaddy VPS (Virtual Private Server) and it will basically give him a report control desktop computer too in USA that the IP address will not change and not shared. He said he been using it while he travels and had no problem.

What do you think guys? any one used these before?

VPS Hosting | Affordable & Configurable VPS plans - GoDaddy

rsot 01-22-2014 04:46 PM

Re: Leaving the country. How to access eBay account? VPS safe?

VPS has worked for people - you could take your laptop to keep cookies intact but you must understand VPS well, make sure that you dont lose net connection, and no overly-used VPS service

GreenBean 01-22-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joenice (Post 522069)
Guy,

I am leaving US for 2 weeks and I don't want to risk login from another country. One of my friends told me he been using GoDaddy VPS (Virtual Private Server) and it will basically give him a report control desktop computer too in USA that the IP address will not change and not shared. He said he been using it while he travels and had no problem.

What do you think guys? any one used these before?

VPS Hosting | Affordable & Configurable VPS plans - GoDaddy

Where is your back-up plan for this VPS being used before and already known to ebay/paypal. No way would I use a VPS from such a popular site.

Are you thinking of migrating your accounts from their current IP to this VPS all for the sake of being away for two weeks? That will flag your accounts at once.

Have you thought of closing up for this time?

Plan is a clutching at straws just for the sake of two weeks off ebay

:mod:

nerukas 02-08-2014 03:42 PM

Leave your machine at home turned on for all times, you can setup from power management that it doesn't go to sleep for all time and install logmein or team viewer or.Windows remote desktop and you will be able.to connect to it from any part of the world and it will be 100% safe as in general you will be using the same machine at home.only via remote control.

Dmshark25 02-09-2014 01:28 AM

Logmein Is great awesome connection, and as long as your internet is on and power to ur computer you can access it even when it is in sleep mode, I use it everyday and love it