eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   When else are Ebay WATCHING? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/77381-when-else-ebay-watching.html)

galacticagaming 09-13-2014 01:59 PM

When else are Ebay WATCHING?

Hate the site or should say hate how the site is run wish there was a credible auction site alternative. Venting over,

I just wondered if it is possible Ebay can track use of banned email address such as when you use them outside of ebay and paypal?

E.g. if I log into my gmail account which is on Ebay's suspended accounts.

Hope this makes sense.

JamesNorth101 09-13-2014 02:17 PM

Re: When else are Ebay WATCHING?

eBay can only track things that happens on their site or the websites of companies they own (PayPal, Gumtree ect)

MM78 09-13-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticagaming (Post 587766)
Hate the site or should say hate how the site is run wish there was a credible auction site alternative. Venting over,

I just wondered if it is possible Ebay can track use of banned email address such as when you use them outside of ebay and paypal?

Hope this makes sense.

Ebay doesn't own gmail....yet.

aspkin 09-13-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticagaming (Post 587766)

Hope this makes sense.

Right.. your Gmail account is fine.

As James mentioned, eBay can only gather details from you as you use their services whether it's their websites (eBay, PayPal, etc), it's software (PC and mobile apps), it's advertising (banners and such). Limit your expose to eBay and it's not a big deal.

Amazon.com last I checked is a bigger marketplace then eBay by the way.. just a FYI.

galacticagaming 09-14-2014 08:43 AM

Thanks for replies. I don't trust the company in anyway.

I don't believe a company should be able to monitor your ip address. This is a breach of privacy and is highly invasive - I also don't like how they store all your previous information even if you are to delete the account.

Amazing the lengths they are going to these days to keep the shareholders happy.

FlashingBlade 10-07-2014 11:56 AM

But if there is an email from ebay in that gmail account and you open it, cant they track your IP that way?

just_smile 10-07-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashingBlade (Post 595628)
But if there is an email from ebay in that gmail account and you open it, cant they track your IP that way?

that is why the stealth guide advises you to turn off external content in your email settings.

Its a basic practice of stealth to follow.

JamesNorth101 10-07-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashingBlade (Post 595628)

You need to disable images and becons in Gmail to prevent this.

FlashingBlade 10-08-2014 04:52 AM

Do you actually need to open the email or is it sufficient enough to log on to gmail and see it sitting in the inbox for them to track the IP?

rsot 10-09-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashingBlade (Post 595871)
Do you actually need to open the email or is it sufficient enough to log on to gmail and see it sitting in the inbox for them to track the IP?

Need to open (in that specific case) to see beacons, objects, etc.

GreenBean 10-09-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticagaming (Post 588008)
Thanks for replies. I don't trust the company in anyway.

I don't believe a company should be able to monitor your ip address. This is a breach of privacy and is highly invasive - I also don't like how they store all your previous information even if you are to delete the account.

Amazing the lengths they are going to these days to keep the shareholders happy.

It's not just limited to ebay this.

:ranger:

yankee 10-09-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galacticagaming (Post 588008)
dress. This is a breach of privacy and is highly invasive - I also don't like how they store all your previous information even if you are to delete the account.

Every company basically can do this and many if not most do. I would not be surprised if this website does. Only makes sense for them to do this.

An IP is not yours and is not something private.

nicoleleeli 10-09-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 587876)
Right.. your Gmail account is fine.

As James mentioned, eBay can only gather details from you as you use their services whether it's their websites (eBay, PayPal, etc), it's software (PC and mobile apps), it's advertising (banners and such). Limit your expose to eBay and it's not a big deal.

Amazon.com last I checked is a bigger marketplace then eBay by the way.. just a FYI.

Ok so if you have registered software on your pc they can't track that? Or those pop up adds??