eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Expert advice required (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/78735-expert-advice-required.html)

teddy6161 10-23-2014 06:05 AM

Expert advice required

First of all I have purchased the guide and read many of the posts on this forum.

My background is I am a legitimate seller unfortunately got my Ebay account suspended due to falling below selling standards. My Paypal account, which is a business account was not suspended and is still used on a daily basis for our website.

I am currently in process of acquiring an aged ebay account and need some advice on the PayPal aspect. As despite a lot of reading, I am not clear on if Ebay actually link accounts to PayPal payments. My plan for ebay account is to:

- Provide new name and address, IP, etc unlinked to previous account to the account I am acquiring
- Link Ebay account to fresh Paypal account to pay for my monthly ebay account

My question is around payments. My preference would I be to use existing registered business account to receive payments. Obviously I would use a different Paypal email address on ebay (as you can register many) to receive the payments, but it would be the same Paypal account.

I know the easy answer is to start fresh, but there are so many hurdles around account verification and anti money laundering in Australia which we have already been through with this account, so the preference to be use the account. The other PayPal account would be less straightforward to verify.

So I suppose my question in a nutshell is how does Ebay link information from Paypal, as surely PayPal should not be sharing any information with Ebay. I understand PayPal receives information from Ebay (account name etc), but not the other way around??

Many thanks

Bunneh 10-23-2014 06:09 AM

Re: Expert advice required

Hi & welcome tot he forum.

Where are you planning on getting your aged account from? If it is from a random person selling accounts on ebay, craiglist etc.. then you could be wasting your money as there is normal a reason why these people are selling there account.
If there paypal attached to the account was suspended, your new one will be to & if there paypal is in good standing, but in the future if anything happened to there paypal account.. your account would be affected to.
The link will ALWAYS be there, no matter if the accounts been removed or not.

Ebay and paypal are still currently the same company, and so therefore they do share information with eachother..

teddy6161 10-23-2014 06:33 AM

I am not concerned about the Paypal account of the person I am obtaining account from.

I am actually talking about my PayPal account which was used previously on an Ebay account that was suspended. I would like to use this on the new Ebay account, as I am not sure how ebay would link the accounts if I gave all new information, including a different paypal email address for payment, even though it is the actually the same verified paypal account that was used on old ebay account. Hope makes sense.

yankee 10-23-2014 09:45 AM

They are a lot smarter than that. The link will be instant just because the account was used before. You would have a finite time it may work. Maybe a day or two, maybe a few weeks or even a year, but the first problem, review, call into ebay, and your account will be instantly closed. That is an instant link, far more than say a name, address or IP.

rsot 10-23-2014 12:04 PM

Welcome to the forums.

The old pp cannot be used with new eB account - link will be generated...now it's not necessarily instant but the RISK is high for the whole combo going down.

Best of luck with stealth

JamesNorth101 10-23-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddy6161 (Post 601023)
I am actually talking about my PayPal account which was used previously on an Ebay account that was suspended. I would like to use this on the new Ebay account,

Cannot be done.

If you buy an eBay that already has a PayPal linked to it then you will also need that PayPal.

teddy6161 10-24-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 601152)
Cannot be done.

If you buy an eBay that already has a PayPal linked to it then you will also need that PayPal.

Thanks in which case can you suggest a way I can pass the anti money laundering requirements. It sounds like I would need a real Paypal identity if I was to maintain an a Paypal account with a balance >$1000?

rsot 11-02-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddy6161 (Post 601718)
Thanks in which case can you suggest a way I can pass the anti money laundering requirements. It sounds like I would need a real Paypal identity if I was to maintain an a Paypal account with a balance >$1000?

Not necessarily - you have to think outside the box a bit with regards to ID verification.