eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   HOW TO: Change Cable Modem IP Addresses to CONTROLLED NUMBERS (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/8183-how-change-cable-modem-ip-addresses-controlled-numbers.html)

Burst 11-17-2008 08:46 AM

HOW TO: Change Cable Modem IP Addresses to CONTROLLED NUMBERS

Using Boomers method, I have found a way to KEEP GETTING the same IP addresses for each account I run on my Cable Modem with Wireless setup. By remembering the Random MAC address for which account youve changed the IP address for, you can re-apply the MAC after changing to another one and you will get the same IP address that was previously associated with it.

Quote:

What you need to do is change the MAC ID for the ROUTER ONLY. The reason why people still get the same IP is because of this. The original MAC ID is located on the bottom of the router so there is no need to copy or write it down if you ever want to revert back to it later.

The first step is to connect your Ethernet cable from your computer to the router so they can communicate and adjust settings. You do not need to do anything with the cable modem at this time. It will be towards the end.

Open up IE (internet explorer) or Firefox and type in your router address, mine is 192.168.0.1 if you don't know it then look in your router manual or cd that came with your router. Or goto the Run command and type in "cmd" and the ipconfig/all and you will see you router address.

Enter your login name/password if you have it set, mine is "admin" which is default. Now the menus is different for each router company. Just find the option that says MAC ADDRESS and click on it or click on manual settings and you should see your MAC ADDRESS. It looks like 6 boxes with 12 numbers and letters in sets. For example 01-5d-b2-42-f1-65

Now you want to change the MAC ADDRESS by doing the following.
Leave the first box the same. You only have to change the other boxes with numbers from 0-9 and letters from a-f but keeping the letters and numbers in the same position and only changing the value for example 01-4b-c5-31-a3-45

After you have replace them click on save settings or apply settings.
You will lose internet connection at this time. Now the final step is to unplug your router and your cable modem for about a minute or so and plug it back in. give it couple minutes to initialize and check your ip at ipchicken.com

You now have a new IP address. Repeat the process to get a new IP address through your router.
Save the MAC address to an excel file that you should have for your IP addresses used per account. When you change your MAC for another account, your IP address will change as well. Saving this will revert back to your other accounts IP address.

This has been done for about two weeks now and is still working flawlessly.

UPDATE: This fix works a good amount of time. The longer span of time between MAC changes, the more risk of not having the same IP as another computer could be assigned to it.

The test was conducted on comcast with a wireless router.

Hottest_eBay_Goddess 11-19-2008 02:08 AM

Nice little work around , thanks for the additional information. I too have Comcast, but am not sure this would work great for me as my accounts are not local. I have yet to try it out as I don't want to end up with a handful of suspended accounts lol.

-HeG

citypark 12-01-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burst (Post 65592)

>>>>Open up IE (internet explorer) or Firefox and type in your router address, mine is 192.168.0.1

From above, Can I ask a question?

"Where to type it in after open IE or firefox??....you mean address bar?"

yaw1800 12-01-2008 08:26 PM

yes the address bar
it will then ask you for username and password

citypark 12-02-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaw1800 (Post 67510)
yes the address bar
it will then ask you for username and password

Didnt work for me. It shows "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
....let me know how to do this again please. I am not good at it. Thank you.

ps. I put 192.168.0.6 (my router address) into address bar (where I usually type in website address e.g. Sign In) and it didnt go to a page or anything to ask me for username and password

Burst 12-02-2008 05:46 PM

Where did I say anything about MAC spoofing? Im talking about changing cable modem IP addresses to controlled numbers. Ive been using this method and have had the same 10+ IP addresses for over two weeks. So it DOES work.

As for the address to enter. Each router is different. Its usually these:

http://192.168.0.1
http://192.168.1.1

You enter it in the address bar in either IE or Firefox

citypark 12-02-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burst (Post 67580)
Where did I say anything about MAC spoofing? Im talking about changing cable modem IP addresses to controlled numbers. Ive been using this method and have had the same 10+ IP addresses for over two weeks. So it DOES work.

Ohhhhh....Thank you so much !!!! The above link(first one for me) is working now. The username and password page has come out on the screen. Also your method works for me too!!! :)

However there is a weird thing here. When I check my router address, it is 192.168.0.6 ?!?!?!?!? (not 192.168.0.1 which is the correct one)

Thanks again. :p;):o

Burst 12-02-2008 10:41 PM

Thats fine. Anywhere around that region is good. There must be more than one computer accessing the network.

doughboykilla 12-07-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burst (Post 67580)

I can control mine as well. I write down the Mac Address i use one for each ebay id then if i want to log on/off ebay ids i will use the macs assigned for each id to have the same ip address every time. It works like a charm.

Now if only you could change your location by MAC spoofing. I did one time Spoof the MAC and ended up with a ip from KS

Burst 12-07-2008 09:12 PM

Why write down when you can excel in life?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/94f0dbb6e6.jpg

doughboykilla 12-07-2008 10:10 PM

Well i use notepad as well but incase something happens i will have them wrote down on paper.

4rings 01-26-2009 08:43 AM

I can confirm that this works 100% here in UK cable network!! Great stuff, so easy aswell

spookycloud 03-07-2009 09:14 PM

I tried this method... and it changed the last 5 numbers in the ip address so I can create multiple stealth ebay and paypal accounts this way?

bmovers 03-13-2009 10:39 AM

Is this method only for people who use a router?
I have a cable modem, but no router.

ebaykilla 03-13-2009 01:34 PM

works best with a router...go buy a used one for $20

skyichigo 03-29-2009 09:55 AM

Hi, there.

Does it works with the Mac Address that I can change via My internet protocol properties in network connection?

Does it always come back to the same ip as well??

As my router doesn't allow me to change the mac address. It doesn't has any option to change it.

My modem+router is Billion

Thanks

ebaykilla 03-29-2009 02:08 PM

Get a linksys or belkin router...they are easy to change MAC address. You need to be online at least once in a 24 period with the MAC address to keep the IP.

skyichigo 04-08-2009 08:18 AM

Hi there.

How if I buy a linksys dsl modem with router built in.

Does it works with the mac address change?

Or I should get them separately?

Thanks

GreenBean 04-08-2009 08:38 AM

^^^sky, are you sure that your ISP gives you a dynamic IP?

ebaykilla 04-08-2009 08:42 AM

i have a separate cable modem

BooMer 04-08-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyichigo (Post 82020)
Hi there.

Thanks

No this method will not work for your DSL Modem with Router Built In.

Your DSL Modem is unique and the Serial# is registered with your provider and in order for your DSL modem to work then it must stay the same.

Get them separately and follow my guide along with Orion's advice.
Also make sure you have a Dynamic IP and NOT a Static IP.

BooMer

shoot2kill 04-08-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyichigo (Post 82020)
Hi there.

Thanks

Simple googling solve my problem before. Anyways here is a video how to change the MAC address to to change your IP address!