eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Does changing sim on mobile broadband device change the IP address? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/85245-does-changing-sim-mobile-broadband-device-change-ip-address.html)

Aimeejayne 04-29-2015 11:15 AM

Does changing sim on mobile broadband device change the IP address?

Hi,

Just a quick query,
Does anybody know if getting a replacement sim for an EE osprey black mobile broadband device will change the IP address or will I have to get a new device all together?
If so, could anybody please recommend any UK mobile broadband devices or usb wireless internet devices that are pay as you go, as much data as possible and not going to cost an arm and a leg to purchase.

Thank-you
Kind regards

Aimee.

Ebayorbust 04-29-2015 11:19 AM

Re: Does changing sim on mobile broadband device change the IP address?

Go for a 3mobile or O2 dongle. Both are competitively priced and have a huge dynamic IP range. Pick the one that give best coverage / fastest speed in your area.

RosieTosie 04-29-2015 12:23 PM

I have the 3mifi it is white, it was a pay up front deal and could have bought it for 1 month, 3months, which is the one I went for, or 12 months, think it cost me £50+, would obviously have been well over £100 for the 12 month deal. Was not prepared to commit to over £100 before being sure the ebay/PayPal I was going to use it on was going to go the distance, or be as sure of that as anyone ever can be these days. I always get the same IP address on it as well, but as I don't use it for anything else I have left it at that, when the time comes to top it up that might prove to be another issue, as it will mean buying another sim I believe which would probably start giving me a different IP address.

Aimeejayne 04-30-2015 04:19 PM

Hi,

Thank-you for your replies.
I purchased a three dongle today. I was told in store the IP would always stay the same, but I'm not sure they knew exactly what they were talking about :s

:) thanks

Aimee.

RosieTosie 04-30-2015 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=Aimeejayne;664818]Hi,

Thank-you for your replies.
I purchased a three dongle today. I was told in store the IP would always stay the same, but I'm not sure they knew exactly what they were talking about :s

:) thanks

Aimee.[

yes know where you are coming from there Aimeejayne, i remember coming out of our local 3 store thinking a similar thing as well that the staff there have tunnel vision about getting as much commission as they can from sales rather than actually sorting out the best and most appropriate deal for us as buyers.