eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Confirming iPhone hotspot properties... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/87832-confirming-iphone-hotspot-properties.html)

NewYork 07-25-2015 09:32 AM

Confirming iPhone hotspot properties...

From what I read and understand in the forums, and the Stealth guide, you can switch between Windows User ID's as long as you have a different IP address when you go from User/Account to User/Account, which I have been doing.

I've been using the USB Broadband dongle, which gives a different IP address each time I log in and out of a Windows User Account. Now, after stumbling upon a thread where someone mentions that the iPhone 6 gives a new IP each time you engage/disengage the airplane mode, I'm considering using an iPhone in the same way. I read that apps and using the phone as a device is not recommended, so I'd only be using it as a wifi source, and a phone.

I'm looking to confirm that the following take-aways are true:

1) That an iPhone with the personal hotspot turned on/off between each Windows user ID will be working just like the USB dongle did, to give a new IP address.

and 2) that the MAC address will still be the same on the iPhone between the on/off and account switching, but that Eb doesn't check that anyway.

and 3) does this mean the MAC address was always the same on the Virgin Mobile Broadband USB dongle too? (if so, I have years of flawless experience that confirms the MAC address is of no concern to Eb, having a few problem accounts on the same computer with all the same equipment).

Thanks in advance.

MM78 07-25-2015 10:32 AM

Re: Confirming iPhone hotspot properties...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYork (Post 688878)
From what I read and understand in the forums, and the Stealth guide, you can switch between Windows User ID's as long as you have a different IP address when you go from User/Account to User/Account, which I have been doing.

Yes, this is true.

Quote:

I've been using the USB Broadband dongle, which gives a different IP address each time I log in and out of a Windows User Account.
Dongles/Mifi's are great, I use a Mifi and it works perfect.

Quote:

Now, after stumbling upon a thread where someone mentions that the iPhone 6 gives a new IP each time you engage/disengage the airplane mode, I'm considering using an iPhone in the same way.
This isn't new, I've been Tethering since Iphone 3G, only thing is that with Iphone 6 and Iphone 6+ they have unlocked that feature from the get go.

Quote:

I read that apps and using the phone as a device is not recommended, so I'd only be using it as a wifi source, and a phone.
Good, don't use the apps....they are very dangerous and if 1 or 2 knuckleheads come and tell you they have been using the apps with all their stealths without problems, I would take their word with a grain of salt.

I'm looking to confirm that the following take-aways are true:

Quote:

1) That an iPhone with the personal hotspot turned on/off between each Windows user ID will be working just like the USB dongle did, to give a new IP address.
Yes.

Quote:

and 2) that the MAC address will still be the same on the iPhone between the on/off and account switching, but that Eb doesn't check that anyway.
Ebay/PP can't see a MAC address, and a MAC Address can't even be changed on an iphone.

Quote:

and 3) does this mean the MAC address was always the same on the Virgin Mobile Broadband USB dongle too? (if so, I have years of flawless experience that confirms the MAC address is of no concern to Eb, having a few problem accounts on the same computer with all the same equipment).
Dongles/Mifis/Phones have a static MAC address...They can never be changed. So again...The MAC address is of no concern with Ebay/PP.

NewYork 07-25-2015 03:34 PM

Thanks so much! I was thinking of making some changes, did the research, and it's oh-so-nice to have someone double check my homework before I hand it in. Thanks a lot, MM78! :hail:

khanxyz0z 07-25-2015 04:03 PM

Wanted to ask, i used to use a mifi for internet , but now im just considering using my phone and tehter, but i used the same phone for ebay and paypal apps (which got banned), now i deleted the apps, is it safe to use for tethering on computer?

NewYork 07-25-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanxyz0z (Post 688964)
Wanted to ask, i used to use a mifi for internet , but now im just considering using my phone and tehter, but i used the same phone for ebay and paypal apps (which got banned), now i deleted the apps, is it safe to use for tethering on computer?

Good question- I'm wondering this too. If the phone is completely wiped, no new Ebay or PP apps installed, and Eb or PP is not accessed anywhere on the phone, is the phone (and the remainder of the prepaid balance on the same SIM card) safe to continue using as an internet connection for new/other accounts?

MM78 07-25-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanxyz0z (Post 688964)

Yes, its safe to use. Make sure you change IP's a few times before using.

solefoodbk 07-26-2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 688882)
Yes, this is true.

Dongles/Mifis/Phones have a static MAC address...They can never be changed. So again...The MAC address is of no concern with Ebay/PP.

Lets hope it stays that way.