eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Logging in or selling while traveling abroad...? Safe? Tips? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/88503-logging-selling-while-traveling-abroad-safe-tips.html)

NewYork 08-17-2015 02:52 AM

Logging in or selling while traveling abroad...? Safe? Tips?

I will be traveling for a few weeks (overseas- Europe, Israel, UK) and will have a few things listed and for sale over that time. Because of my arrangement with my shipping, all I need is the address of the buyer which I then email to someone in the US who boxes and mails out my (low cost, low risk, craft-type product). I'd like to have about 20-50 listings close and ship while I'm gone to cut down on the expense of being away, are there any tips to logging into an Eb or pp account (just the one) that doesn't show a foreign location (or at least make a problem) and locking up my account or triggering verification problems and alerts? I see people asked about this for Amazon, but not Eb/pp and I follow the stealth guide so carefully and have never had a problem (unless it was my own doing, which then was lesson-learned the hard way) and I know that just simply logging in from the same computer isn't always a guarantee that their systems give an "all clear". Just looking to avoid problems if I can. Any tips or advice would be helpful...

*Also- I'm able to bring my same/main computer with me, which I plan to do. One Eb, one PP, one computer (macbook). Thanks!

ilcarletto 08-17-2015 03:03 AM

Re: Logging in or selling while traveling abroad...? Safe? Tips?

Safest way is to get one VPS for each account and use that to log in from anywhere around world.

NewYork 08-17-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 695768)
Safest way is to get one VPS for each account and use that to log in from anywhere around world.

Oh! Years of Stealth and I never tried/researched that. What does VPS stand for, and what is the best place to get it from? (Price isn't an issue- quality/dependability is). I've always used iPhone tethering or USB Broadband dongles. Once I know what VPS is, I know what to search for- is it the same thing as VPN?

ilcarletto 08-18-2015 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYork (Post 696029)
Oh! Years of Stealth and I never tried/researched that. What does VPS stand for, and what is the best place to get it from? (Price isn't an issue- quality/dependability is). I've always used iPhone tethering or USB Broadband dongles. Once I know what VPS is, I know what to search for- is it the same thing as VPN?

It is a Virtual Private Server it means that you remotely connect to your account via a server which is located somewhere with a fix IP.
This means that if your VPS is in US, you log in in to it from Thailand/Iraq/Italy/Anywhere and from there you log into your account. It is like you were sitting in US ;)

Get in touch with 123 here on the forum and have a look at his site here

PS: if you want to know more about VPS... just google it ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

sax4 08-18-2015 01:44 AM

What's most important to ebay/pp is cookies,that way they can see it's your computer and someone in another country hasn't hijacked your account.

sax4 08-18-2015 01:45 AM

I log in from foreign countries all the time without issues, but for piece of mind you should go for vpn or vps