eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   How to check if an IP is blacklisted from eBay or Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/91135-how-check-if-ip-blacklisted-ebay-paypal.html)

b0ss 11-12-2015 07:23 AM

How to check if an IP is blacklisted from eBay or Paypal

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there's a particular method to check if an IP has been blacklisted by eBay or Paypal. Obviously, it is impossible to get "FRESH" IP addresses as its always been used before (but it doesn't have to be used for the purpose of ebay and paypal).

So, if the providers state that they can assure that the IP hasn't been used before on ebay or paypal - my question is how can they find out?

Surely, if it's true then there's a way to find out. Otherwise, providers are just picking an IP out the hat which hasn't been used for a long time.

Thanks

12348766754 11-12-2015 07:26 AM

Re: How to check if an IP is blacklisted from eBay or Paypal

How they can find out -> you will be banned.

richie2065 11-12-2015 07:41 AM

Its not just the IP address its linking that number to other details on your account otherwise everyone in a company who log into ebay at work through a static IP address) would all become suspended when the first person loses an account) If you create a ton of accounts all with the same IP then there is a huge link between them.
Ip addresses are recycled all the time by different users so Ebay cant shooting down accounts based on just this info.

ilcarletto 11-12-2015 07:52 AM

I agree with richie2065. IP only will not make your account go down.

Added to other "issues" could lead to suspension but it is not for sure the main cause.

rsot 11-12-2015 08:04 AM

As ilcarletto indicated, there are a lot of flags that factor besides just IP. Consider public IPs though highly dangerous to stealth account health

GreenBean 11-12-2015 05:55 PM

No ISP would ever back a claim like that in the first instance.

:brushteeth:

b0ss 11-14-2015 10:51 AM

I still don't think anyone has answered my question - it's gone slightly off-topic.

I asked "if the providers (i.e. 24vc) state that they can assure that the IP hasn't been used before on ebay or paypal - my question is how can they find out?"

It's always good to know what you're buying rather than going in with a blind eye and figuring out 2 months later that you got ripped.

richie2065 11-14-2015 10:55 AM

Isnt it that 24VC and other such companies mask the IP address so that Ebay cant see it not that it has been used before as the first cancels out the need for the second

b0ss 11-14-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 721523)
Isnt it that 24VC and other such companies mask the IP address so that Ebay cant see it not that it has been used before as the first cancels out the need for the second

How could they possibly mask it so that ebay cant see if it's used before?

Surely ebay have a record of all ips used before and linked accounts and i haven't ever heard of masking an ip address like that.

It's a sceptical thought, hmmm.

yankee 11-14-2015 12:04 PM

You have been answered. Firstly, odds are NO ips are blacklisted. Second, ebay does not publish a list of them even if there was. The only way to know is to try them.

b0ss 11-14-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 721543)
You have been answered. Firstly, odds are NO ips are blacklisted. Second, ebay does not publish a list of them even if there was. The only way to know is to try them.

There we go, that's what i was looking for.

Thanks

JamesNorth101 11-14-2015 01:16 PM

An IP that has been used an abused for years on end (like some of the free proxies online) would be pretty much enough to get an account banned or at least looking into in depth by itself.

GreenBean 11-14-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ss (Post 721043)
Hi,

I'm just wondering if there's a particular method to check if an IP has been blacklisted by eBay or Paypal. Obviously, it is impossible to get "FRESH" IP addresses as its always been used before (but it doesn't have to be used for the purpose of ebay and paypal)

Thanks

You could check sites like Stop Forum Spam for info.

Stop Forum Spam

empirestate 11-14-2015 06:18 PM

The only way to find out if an IP is blacklisted is by trial and error or hack into ebay/paypal.

Maliquest 11-14-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 721543)

I used certain services with recyced IPs and Ill tell you for certain those IPs are dead. At least on Amazon. Even for buying. You try to create a buying account and it will be deleted the second you log out

yankee 11-14-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maliquest (Post 721640)
I used certain services with recyced IPs and Ill tell you for certain those IPs are dead. At least on Amazon. Even for buying. You try to create a buying account and it will be deleted the second you log out

Amazon is a totally different beast for sure. I am sure that some free proxies and very old and cheap VPN services will not work at all on amazon.

olekstom87 11-25-2015 10:49 PM

olekstom87 11-25-2015 10:51 PM

Amazon is much tougher. As a poker client it determines your hardware IDs, like network adapter mac address and *** like that. So to bypass you would need dedicated not blacklisted or programs which randomize hardware ids

vela1987 12-04-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 721606)
You could check sites like Stop Forum Spam for info.

Stop Forum Spam

Nice example very useful . .

MM78 12-04-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olekstom87 (Post 724222)
Amazon is much tougher. As a poker client it determines your hardware IDs, like network adapter mac address and *** like that. So to bypass you would need dedicated not blacklisted or programs which randomize hardware ids

Amazon doesn't/can't see MAC address....simple as that.

dikinyobuttz 05-27-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 726241)

Just registered and replying to a 2 year old thread just to say:

Yes, they very much can. They can see much, much more than that, in fact. Hardware IDs, account and computer name, language settings, system time, time zone, the whole nine.

Unless you turn off java script and flash, but then that in itself looks suspicious. From what I understand, it has to do with drawing different objects out of the bounds of the screen, and other java script magic that determines every last bit of info about your browser, and a pretty in depth rundown of your pc setup. Fingerprinting, it's called. It's quite easy to completely mask yourself, and remove any sort of fingerprint, but as far as places like Amazon/PayPal are concerned, no fingerprint is the worst fingerprint you can have. PayPal does this 100% for sure, and since Amazon is even pickier than PayPal, I am going to assume they definitely do as well.

I know this because I have to change my IP address, along with everything mentioned above, and more, in between fraudulent actions under different accounts in order to have any success. I forget to change one single god damn thing - bam :nono: "sorry we cannot complete your payment, go **** yourself."

Defrauding paypal is as hard and complicated as it is satisfying. I don't know how websites like paypal actually go about detecting everything, but I know much of it is java script and flash related. Companies like PayPal and Amazon pour millions of dollars into anti-fraud systems. As well they should. I take ever last penny I can from those *******s, and I will continue to do so until I no longer can. Amazon is just a nightmare, they lock more legitimate accounts than any other eCommerce site for sure.

olekstom87 05-29-2017 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 726241)

just was searching through forum and suddenly saw my post 2 years ago.

did you actually buy "amazon ghost" ? amazon DOES SEE your mac address that's why you buy some features like socks to put on before connecting to your real device mac address