eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   VPN disconnecting (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/91921-vpn-disconnecting.html)

kowloonwolfpack 12-12-2015 02:10 AM

VPN disconnecting

i have multiple vpns with 24vc, and i use their client software. The problem i've been having is that sometimes my vpn will disconnect with no notice and I check my tray and notice it's not up anymore. anybody have experience with this? and how much is this going to impact the stealth of my account?

123 12-12-2015 03:57 AM

Re: VPN disconnecting

Hi, a VPN can drop connection for a multitude of reasons including firewalls interfering with connection, temporary lapses in internet signal, etc. Even if the VPN never or hardly ever disconnects you should always have a safety net in place to protect yourself. This is extremely easy to do, can either use VPN drop protection software such as vpn check or vpnwatcher

or can configure your windows firewall to block non vpn internet access below is a good tutorial

24VC blocking non-vpn traffic guide

phaz0rz 12-12-2015 09:16 AM

I have nothing but good things to say regarding 24vc, but I've had this issue a few times as well. As long as I am actively working on the account (actively using the VPN connection), it stays up fine. But if I walk away for a few minutes (to take pictures of a product, etc..), the connection will sometimes drop.

What I do (you may or may not be able to do this, since you use their software) is double click on the icon for the connection in the task bar as soon as I connect to a VPN. I leave the connection status window open the whole time I am working on a particular account. If the connection drops for any reason, the connection status window instantly disappears (along with the connection icon), which is noticeable enough for me to know the connection has been dropped.

The reconfiguration of Windows Firewall (as 123 suggested) seems like an even more fool-proof method though, and I may be looking into that tutorial soon.

littleredengine07 12-12-2015 09:09 PM

How are you disconnecting with 24vc. What program are you referring too. I use a client software that 24vc suggested and works like a charm. My connections are on for days without hiccup

littleredengine07 12-12-2015 09:12 PM

Also if your going to stealth you need the best hardware out there. I use the latest hardware to ensure no failure when managing my accounts. You pay a lot in the beginning and it steep. Although if you manage your accounts right. Make the cost back within a month

kowloonwolfpack 12-13-2015 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleredengine07 (Post 728165)
How are you disconnecting with 24vc. What program are you referring too. I use a client software that 24vc suggested and works like a charm. My connections are on for days without hiccup

I am using the client software that is available from their site.

Thank you 123 and all other members for your advice!

littleredengine07 12-13-2015 12:06 PM

Which client software are you using?

kowloonwolfpack 12-14-2015 03:50 AM

littleredengine07 12-14-2015 04:23 AM

It's the wrong client. You need to ask support what other options are there besides that. Ask for soft ether

phaz0rz 12-14-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleredengine07 (Post 728166)
Also if your going to stealth you need the best hardware out there. I use the latest hardware to ensure no failure when managing my accounts. You pay a lot in the beginning and it steep. Although if you manage your accounts right. Make the cost back within a month

That's just a bunch of unnecessary overhead during the launch of your business, IMO. I use a 2011-era Toshiba laptop with a bunch of Thin Win-XP VM's with VPNs (over my Wi-Fi), and I'm making bank just fine. Naturally there will be interruptions with a Wireless setup, but it's so rare I don't even think about it. I'm all about keeping the power bill low.. I have no need for a server rack to do stealth, lol.

As far as client software I think it's unnecessary unless you're running multiple accounts in a single OS instance (or user profile). Each of my Win-XP VM's is configured through Windows XP network settings to connect to it's own VPN. So all I do is click the "24vc" icon on my desktop, and 5 seconds later I'm ready to go. I couldn't ask for a more simplified setup which guarantees the complete separation of my accounts.

I know everyone's methodology is different. This is just my experience. I try to spend as little as possible on supplies and office equipment, so I can use more of my profits to expand my business (and pay myself).

dbhana121 12-15-2015 10:56 AM

I use a VPN service that gives me the option to disable the network if the VPN drops, and the prices are fairly cheap for a dedicated IP.

scubadogct 12-15-2015 04:43 PM

I have the same problem with 24vc service.
I use the software they recommend yet it keeps happening.
Disappointed to be honest

phaz0rz 12-15-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadogct (Post 728773)
I have the same problem with 24vc service.
I use the software they recommend yet it keeps happening.
Disappointed to be honest

Try configuring the VPN through Windows instead. I've never used their software. I just followed their tutorial for configuring in Windows.

I'm highly satisfied with their service. I've probably profited over $20 thanks to them. :humble: