eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Anyone else having discconection issues with 24VC? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/92835-anyone-else-having-discconection-issues-24vc.html)

stealhbayer 01-10-2016 03:01 PM

Anyone else having discconection issues with 24VC?

My 24VC connection has been playing up over the last few days and dropping the link, exposing the underlying IP on my Chromebook. This worked perfectly when I first set the service up, and nothing has changed my end, so I assume the fault is at their end. This is extremely disappointing as they charge a hefty price for their service and the one thing they need to absolutely guarantee is reliability.

phaz0rz 01-10-2016 03:02 PM

Re: Anyone else having discconection issues with 24VC?

They've been working great for me in USA. One or two of my connections were taking a long time to connect earlier this week, but once they connected I didn't have any problems. They could be experiencing issues with their UK servers. Have you opened a support ticket on 24vc?

yankee 01-10-2016 03:03 PM

Did you contact 24vc and put in a ticket?

A couple other reports of a UK server being bad and replaced this past week. If they do not know an issue is occurring, they can not fix it.

stealhbayer 01-10-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736349)
Did you contact 24vc and put in a ticket?

A couple other reports of a UK server being bad and replaced this past week. If they do not know an issue is occurring, they can not fix it.

Of course I created a support ticket as soon as the issue occurred. It doesn't change the fact that they're charging a premium price and one has to wonder if it's worth taking the risk with them for stealth accounts in the future?

Clearly I have been unlucky, but having only signed up with them a week ago, based entirely on the glowing recommendations here, it is frustrating that the service has let me down so soon.

phaz0rz 01-10-2016 03:31 PM

That is unfortunate and I can see why it would put a bad taste in your mouth. In my experience with them they are worth every penny (in USA). Their customer service department is quick to respond, on weekdays. You will likely get a response tomorrow morning.

I would recommend not giving up on them just yet. I had 8 dedicated IP's with them and they are the backbone of my ecommerce business.

yankee 01-10-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealhbayer (Post 736362)
Of course I created a support ticket as soon as the issue occurred. It doesn't change the fact that they're charging a premium price and one has to wonder if it's worth taking the risk with them for stealth accounts in the future?

Clearly I have been unlucky, but having only signed up with them a week ago, based entirely on the glowing recommendations here, it is frustrating that the service has let me down so soon.

I understand the feeling. It seemed to only happen to me when I had no other internet options(VERY rural location with no cell service for 28 miles away) and people hanging around getting paid to do nothing because we could not connect to the VPN.

I can tell you that 123 is a great guy and that things such as a failed server are beyond control.

I use a a few other services that work well also. If you are searching around for another provider, make sure you stay away from any that are less than $10 for sure and never on the first page of a google search. Many offer dedicated services but I dont know of any that offer a fresh IP.

slokor 01-10-2016 03:33 PM

Dont forget that regardless of who you choose as your IP provider you should make sure to have a 'killswitch' installed in case your VPN goes down that will not allow you to continue operating with your true IP address.

123 01-10-2016 05:29 PM

Hi, looked into your ticket and as the staff mentioned that particular server your on hasn't had any downtime recently, so I don't believe it was a server issue. Sometime a firewall can interfere with a vpn connection, so recommend using:

SoftEther VPN Tutorial | 24vc

As it connects through a different protocol and is good at not being affected by firewalls. And as the rep mentioned:

Just to be extra cautious you should always have some form of protection active in case the vpn connection drops for any reason. One of the most simple ways to do so would be to use software that will automatically close your browser in the event of a dropped connection. Below is a list of a few software companies that are well known for doing just that:

VPN Watcher - UGD Software
http://vpnetmon.webs.com/
VPNCheck Free Edition | Guavi.com

Or if your using Windows you can simply use the built in firewall to configure your browser to not have internet access if the vpn connection drops, below is a good tutorial on how to set it up:

24VC blocking non-vpn traffic guide

stealhbayer 01-10-2016 05:48 PM

I can't figure out what has changed to account for the issue then. Chromebook worked fine initially, now it disconnects every few minutes. There have been no software changes, nothing done to the router, everything is as it was when it worked fine.

123 01-10-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealhbayer (Post 736430)
I can't figure out what has changed to account for the issue then. Chromebook worked fine initially, now it disconnects every few minutes. There have been no software changes, nothing done to the router, everything is as it was when it worked fine.

Ah that could be your problem right there, did a quick search and seems quite a number of people have problems with chromebooks dropping their vpn connection:

https://productforums.google.com/for...al/1uC2g6PTME0

C720 Chromebook - wifi connection drops - Acer Community - 147129

I believe chromebooks don't come with an actual OS besides the limited Chrome OS. So I would recommend perhaps getting a laptop with Windows or Linux. Windows is usually more user friendly though.

kowloonwolfpack 01-11-2016 05:29 AM

I had this same problem and softether saved my life.

czuk 01-17-2016 12:04 PM

I often have this problem :( i would say 5 out of 10 times i can connect when i want to, and normally it drops out within 30 mins.

jakobrockz 01-17-2016 12:13 PM

Chromebooks are absolutely terrible

mdpawlus 08-23-2017 05:16 PM

Can someone please guide me on how I set up 24VC on my Lenovo Chromebook? I have inputted all the fields and downloaded the file I was recommended to use called: "openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn" but I am lost and have no idea what I am suppose to do now... :(

rsot 08-23-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpawlus (Post 867279)
Can someone please guide me on how I set up 24VC on my Lenovo Chromebook? I have inputted all the fields and downloaded the file I was recommended to use called: "openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn" but I am lost and have no idea what I am suppose to do now... :(

Not a great idea to double post the same question - maybe just make a new post for future purposes