eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Will using existing mobile sim (4 tethering) affect my stealth account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/93918-will-using-existing-mobile-sim-4-tethering-affect-my-stealth-account.html)

lucky0ne 02-14-2016 03:10 PM

Will using existing mobile sim (4 tethering) affect my stealth account

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum, so please accept my apologies if my question sounds silly, but...
I've just been suspended on eBay a few days ago...so decided to change EVERYTHING COMPLETELY (done a thorough reading through this forum and it seems to be do-able)
I purchased a new tablet and a new smartphone for tethering. I'm currently on UK 3 network, having fantastic mobile internet speed and all you can eat data...
My question is: if I use my existing sim in my new phone for tethering will this make my stealth acc linked to my old eBay accounts? I'm talking ip etc...
Does my question make sense?
Can I keep using my existing sim card, or shall I go to 3 and:
1. tell them I lost my sim - so I will get a new sim with existing number, or
2. shall I start a complitely new contract with new sim and new number?

Talking about existing mobile number - of course I will not provide it on my new stealth acc, and will just provide eBay with some new PAYG number...

I'm really paranoid now about eBay and Paypal tracking & linking tricks...

Rufus 02-16-2016 10:03 AM

Re: Will using existing mobile sim (4 tethering) affect my stealth account

Don't really know how the 4G networks work in UK, but in theory there is no way a website could see that you are using a the same sim to tether your new tablet to your new smartphone.

In my opinion, a website can see your IP (in my country, each time you connect to a 4G network, you get a new IP - dynamic IP - no matter what kind of plan you have with the network or what device you are using) and your browser details. They cannot see the machine details, the modem details (in your smartphone), the sim card details.

If you use the ebay app, take note that it could be able see the ID of your device and its configuration which makes the device unique and linkable. But having in mind that your tablet is new...don't have to worry about it.

LE: When talking about machine details, I am referring to the device configuration, and ID. The brand, model and OS can be seen through the mobile browser!