eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   How long do eBay cookies last on your compuer? Do cookies have an expiry date?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/94646-how-long-do-ebay-cookies-last-your-compuer-do-cookies-have-expiry-date.html)

ebayanarchy 03-14-2016 02:37 AM

How long do eBay cookies last on your compuer? Do cookies have an expiry date??

I am looking to access some accounts that have not been accessed for over 12 months. Will eBay cookies still exist in my browser?

empirestate 03-14-2016 02:44 AM

Re: How long do eBay cookies last on your compuer? Do cookies have an expiry date??

If you have left your browser untouched since you last accessed it, cookies should still be there.

ilcarletto 03-14-2016 02:52 AM

Re: How long do eBay cookies last on your compuer? Do cookies have an expiry date??

ebayanarchy, your question made me llok for some infos on google and I guess the answer is not that straight forward as empirestate wrote above.

Cookies does have an expiration date and that depends on the setting of the site wich you got them from. Hard to say if those cookies are still recognized or not.

Interesting readin in here:

Cookies in Google Analytics | Analytics Market

I guess there are some tools to manage cookies stored in your browser but it might be dangerous to do some "tricks" on eBay/PayPal cookies.

One question to you. If they are still valid or not, do you have options?
I mean what you will do if you read in here they are still valid or they aren't?
Always take your precaution (phone ready?) and always be prepared for the worst :thumb:

ebayanarchy 03-14-2016 03:16 AM

Thanks for the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 754380)
...Always take your precaution (phone ready?) and always be prepared for the worst :thumb:

For security reasons, I am hoping that the cookies are still valid because the prepaid phones that are linked to the accounts are all expired and I have no way of verifying the account (apart from email perhaps).

I will let you know how I get on.

MM78 03-14-2016 09:39 AM

I'm not sure what you plan to do with the account(s) but I would build up new cookies up for a few days before doing something Ebay may not like.

ebayanarchy 04-26-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 754481)
I'm not sure what you plan to do with the account(s) but I would build up new cookies up for a few days before doing something Ebay may not like.

Yes indeed, I intend to log in using my existing credentials (thus creating fresh cookies). Next I shall change the verification phone numbers and other account info as required. After that, I might buy a couple of cheapish items per account. Finally, only when all those things are done will I resume selling on these accounts.

Patience is a virtue.

MM78 04-26-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayanarchy (Post 765823)
Yes indeed, I intend to log in using my existing credentials (thus creating fresh cookies). Next I shall change the verification phone numbers and other account info as required. After that, I might buy a couple of cheapish items per account. Finally, only when all those things are done will I resume selling on these accounts.

Patience is a virtue.

Just an FYI, Buying stuff doesn't really do anything for a selling account....