\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Think I have mad a stupid error :o( (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/95139-think-i-have-mad-stupid-error-o.html)

TownClock 04-01-2016 12:15 PM

Think I have made a stupid error :o(

Hello All, Wonder if you can help please ?

Just new to this, but I think I have made a bad error. I have a 2008 Server VM running (newly created), and had my portal open with 24vc, all working well. But just noticed that for some reason the VPN had failed , and I think I pressed the refresh button once on my browser that was logged is as my stealth user :o(

I had a firewall rule in place so it would only connect over VPN, but it did not kick in (UNIX is what I work with, not much cop at Windows...).

I have not used the e-bay user for nothing yet, I was simply logging in to get some cookie action as advised..

I have screwed up big time? Do I need to start from scratch again ?

Any advice please people, I could kick myself :s

Thanks

phaz0rz 04-01-2016 12:20 PM

Re: Think I have mad a stupid error :o(

Settle down, you'll be fine. Just don't make a habit of using the wrong IP.

A one-off IP mismatch will not kill your account. Especially not a brand new account.

Make sure you keep that VPN connected. I'm not sure why you're using server 2008 on a VM. I use XP in my VM's, and I leave the connection status open the entire time I'm working with a VPN. That way I can easily tell if a VPN connection has dropped.

Also worth noting that I used to have a lot of problems with VPN connections dropping when I was doing everything over Wifi. Now that I'm physically hooked up to my router/modem with a Cat 6 cable, my VPNs never drop.

realdeals 04-01-2016 12:47 PM

This is why I prefer dongles.

Less chance of making a mistake as you just turn your broadband wifi off, and then the only way of getting an i.p is through the dongle.

123 04-01-2016 01:19 PM

Yeah don't worry too much about it, a one off mistake will most likely not cause your account any issues but just don't let it happen again.

And I agree with phaz0rz instead of using server 2008 just get a regular Windows OS such as XP or 7 and then follow this simple tutorial on how to block non-vpn access to the browser so if you ever do disconnect again from the vpn for any reason no websites can load, thus their would be no risk

How to Block non-VPN Traffic | 24vc

Keep in mind this tutorial is for Windows 7 or higher but we will be releasing a tutorial to accomplish the samething on XP as well

velanti 04-01-2016 01:24 PM

I am new to paypal, don't we need a private IP to create paypal accounts? Is a vpn sufficient?

TownClock 04-01-2016 04:19 PM

Thanks for all your help people, I can calm down a bit now :o)
I'm only using 2008 Server for my VM as I had the license at hand, Got the firewall all sorted now, but will still take your advice and re-check everything everytime I use the system,

Thanks again,