eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   VPN Killswitch (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/95813-vpn-killswitch.html)

Pele3000 04-25-2016 08:52 AM

VPN Killswitch

Hello, I need step by step instructions of how to install a killswitch for my vpn. I have already purchased a VPN from 24vcc for a whole year but I haven't been able to find a vpn that closes my browser when my VPN disconnects. I have tried the websites VPN watcher and VPN pro and I dont know if im too dumb to install them or whats the deal. Please help.

davids01 04-25-2016 09:10 AM

Re: VPN Killswitch

Use softether (download from link on 24vc) then follow instructions on 24vc to setup your windows firewall to block traffic if not connected by way of your assigned IP, fairly simple if your using Win & or above. It wont close your browser window but it will block any traffic if you lose your vpn connection

123 04-26-2016 04:22 AM

Hi, yes as David mentioned can simply follow this tutorial below:

How to Block non-VPN Traffic | 24vc

Can make it so whatever browser of your choice will have no internet access, if the vpn connections every drops for whatever reason, thus you'll have no risk of your real ip ever leaking no matter what

Play 04-26-2016 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 765716)

Can make it so whatever browser of your choice will have no internet access, if the vpn connections every drops for whatever reason, thus you'll have no risk of your real ip ever leaking no matter what

Just want to say, I have tried and tested this method recently. Works a treat. Just make sure of one thing though, whatever your connection profile is for your main internet connection, needs to be different to the VPN. i.e. VPN may be public, in which case your internet connection needs to be with Work or Home. Setting both to public will deem this useless. When in effect, works perfect. You can play around with it to test it.

Though I havnt tried this option, and was wondering if anyone had any input, where you select lets say firefox or chrome to be blocked from inbound/outbound connections, what would happen if we selected 'all applications' to be restricted? Would that inadvertently affect the 24vc application?

GreenBean 04-26-2016 05:01 AM

Quote:

VPN users should make this their motto when setting up accounts.

Allows them security to operate in stealth.

:thumb:

Pele3000 04-26-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

I have tried this before but there are some steps that don't apply to my device. I just bought this laptop and it is a windows 10. For example, in step 2 it makes it sound so simple to make the VPN Connection public but when i go to Network and Sharing Center on my laptop I cannot simply edit the Private network to public network. I have tried googling it and youtube searching but none seem to show how to change the setting on my laptop.

Play 04-26-2016 08:37 AM

Its not private or public. Its public, work or home. Your looking for the wrong options maybe?

jack702 04-26-2016 06:11 PM

I recently had similar problems in Windows 10.

Trying to rename the VPN to private because both connections were marked "public".

Never could figure out how to rename one to "private". Home or office etc.

Something with Windows 10???

123 04-26-2016 09:31 PM

For anyone having trouble changing the network connection to public/private etc, check out the page below should resolve the issue for you:

https://tinkertry.com/how-to-change-...lic-to-private

Play 04-27-2016 06:18 AM

aaaah Windows 10 - got it wrong. Hate it. An operating system which is constantly in Beta mode! Stick to earlier versions, they work a treat and a lot more stable.

applepbc 04-27-2016 05:29 PM

you you make your own VPN as described in this thread, you can set up a killswitch to terminate your browser (app) with this script

Pele3000 04-30-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 765976)
For anyone having trouble changing the network connection to public/private etc, check out the page below should resolve the issue for you:

https://tinkertry.com/how-to-change-...lic-to-private

I just wanted to say that it finally worked and this tutorial was ****ing awesome. I want to kiss you right now haha. Thank you! :cheer:

rockyintheamazon 06-16-2016 06:31 PM

Hi Guys

Interesting read, but I wondered if anyone could help me out with using Windows XP.

I use 24vc on my mac and have VPN watcher setup for when it drops out, its ideal.

I am now using it on a Windows XP device, I just cannot get VPN watcher to work, nor the firewall settings as the set by step guide on 24vc and on other internet sites seems to be for newer versions of windows.

Is anyone able to direct me to help or have some tips?

Thanks in advance