Ebay Email Tracking question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 02-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman
Default Ebay Email Tracking question

I have a question about Ebay emails. I believe I read Ebay sends some type of tracking device in every email they send. I have a gmail account for my newest Ebay account. Is it safe to open my Gmail on another computer or my phone, that has had the suspended account logged on before? Can they track where it is opened through Gmail?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

With Gmail you're fine.

No worries.
Old 02-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Google (gmail) blocks the web beacons that eBay embed into their emails before they, gmail, send it to your email program or phone via forwarding or POP.
You safe with gmail.
Old 02-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Thanks for the responses. I have one more question, I have an iPhone and it has been logged on my suspended username in the pass, does anyone know the steps to making an iPhone usable for a new eBay account? I know I can format it and start over, but is that the only option?
Old 02-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Im in the same boat as you Lakeman. I have an iphone too and all my ebay emails go straight to my iphone and I reply directly from my phone. It's actually really nice b/c I can respond to all my questions for all my ebay accounts directly from my phone, and it really helps with getting sells, esp. with people who are eager to purchase an item. However I am unsure about using the ebay widget on the iphone to log into my eBay accounts. I think I will play it safe and only do ebay stuff from my home pc.

Last edited by aking; 02-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2009
Banned

if you login your email read or reply to buyer in gmail or other email service they can't check any information all is safe but if you send email to they (ebay, paypal ...) they can track your ip address.
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

I agree, and try not to use the eBay and PayPal widgets.

There are no flash objects on your phone, but you have to worry about cookies if you log in to either eBay or PayPal via the web browser.
Old 03-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Can ebay/paypal check your IP address when you email them even when using Gmail?
I know you can choose to receive notifications in plain text in your site preferences so the web becons are disbaled anyway.
I once reported a buyer who had sent me an email blackmailing me to remove a negative, they asked me for email header information so they could track if it really was from the buyer I claimed.
Old 03-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

I thought you could email ebay paypal or buyer direct via reeply button on gmail, and they only get gmail server IP - this is correct right?
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

That's correct.
Old 03-18-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I have a Blackberry phone and all my email accounts are stored on my phone, when I get a question from a customer it is delivered with images being downloaded automatically and Enable HTML email option set to Yes. I just click reply and respond from the phone, so it would be something along the lines of:
Send Using: my email add for that ebay account
To: s05-xxxxxx@members.ebay.co.uk
Can they track me this way? I have never logged into any of my eBay or paypal accounts from my phone web browser before. Any advice would be great, Thanks
Old 03-19-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Change the email settings to text only. Blackberries are secure, if you use text only in the emails. Just to be safe. I don't think you'll have a problem the way you're doing it, as long as you don't click on any links and open them in your browser.
Old 01-26-2011

Longevity: 77%

what about yahoo? Is it safe? Thanks
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 78%

So does this apply to iPhone mail app or just through safari? So can I have say 5 stealth emails on my mail app and I can respond to them and these accounts would never get linked? I don't log in to my accounts on my phone however if I can respond to questions from different accounts it would be great as I usually have to wait until I'm home from work to start replying.

Any tips would be appreciated
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 84%

Sorry for bumping the thread but is it now still safe to reply to eBay messages by clicking on the Reply button in Gmail ? They won't reveal my IP address or browser settings etc... right ? Any helps would be appreciated !!!
Old 06-22-2011

Longevity: 74%

normaly in the header of gmail or other mail is your IP address.
some Phone send IP, MAC ....

you have change settings!
Old 06-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Gmail does not reveal this info - usually - sometimes very minute blip in the system but I am 99% sure it never does.
Old 06-22-2011

Default Question about Tracking

Hi, I posted a couple of weeks ago about IP Address Problems and am looking for alternate solutions.

To make a long story short, because my husband and I run a business at our home with many computers, we have a wiring situation where we must use a router and cable modem that are hard wired in a garage that is not anywhere close to where the computers are located (so it does not provide an easy solution to changing the router IP address). The IP address is static.

In addition, we do not have any standard phone lines with dial up capability as we have telephone lines through the cable modem.

I have been able to get the cable company to physically change the IP address in order to establish one new ebay account but that likely means I can not establish any additional back up accounts.

Does anyone have alternate suggestions?

If I get an Iphone with an internet usage package will that provide a different ISP address every time I sign on? And, can I access multiple accounts through that same telephone without having the accounts linked?

I am very "techy" challenged and even though I have read and re-read all the posts I can find on tracking issues - I just can't seem to understand how I can set up multiple accounts.

Would anyone be willing to talk to me by telephone that understands technical issues?
Old 06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Gmail does not reveal this info - usually - sometimes very minute blip in the system but I am 99% sure it never does.
gmail or other mailer send this info! 100%
Old 06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannene1 View Post
Hi, I posted a couple of weeks ago about IP Address Problems and am looking for alternate solutions.

To make a long story short, because my husband and I run a business at our home with many computers, we have a wiring situation where we must use a router and cable modem that are hard wired in a garage that is not anywhere close to where the computers are located (so it does not provide an easy solution to changing the router IP address). The IP address is static.

In addition, we do not have any standard phone lines with dial up capability as we have telephone lines through the cable modem.

I have been able to get the cable company to physically change the IP address in order to establish one new ebay account but that likely means I can not establish any additional back up accounts.

Does anyone have alternate suggestions?

If I get an Iphone with an internet usage package will that provide a different ISP address every time I sign on? And, can I access multiple accounts through that same telephone without having the accounts linked?

I am very "techy" challenged and even though I have read and re-read all the posts I can find on tracking issues - I just can't seem to understand how I can set up multiple accounts.

Would anyone be willing to talk to me by telephone that understands technical issues?

When you use a Iphone, your accounts are linked, because Iphone send your IP, macaddress, devicename and more info.
ebay and paypal get this info!
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Sorry Gepo, but you're absolutely wrong.
Old 06-26-2011

Hi Lakeman

why IŽam absolutely wrong?