Would this create a link: Paypal>Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Would this create a link: Paypal>Ebay?

I've been taking my time...not wanting to make any mistakes, with getting our account back-up and running, via a new acc.; It seem like the easiest way for me to do this, would be to have my wife assume the name for the new acc; Our ebay (really my ebay...she/we started selling from in Nov.), only had my info on it....and they only way I can think Paypay could link her name opening-up a new acc. would be that I got her added to my Paypal debit-card acc., and as an "authorized user" on my acc. to talk to Reps, in case we needed info from customer-service; So, OK, maybe I'm answering my own question...they could link us for-sure, huh, if we just open-up a new PP acc. in her name only...with new everything else?

And if the answer is we need to do a totally new identity, this is where I'm un-clear. A sole proprietorship doesn't require a DBA license in our home state! So, how can I open-up a new checking-acc, with the DBA name, if it's not licensed by the state?

Still, at what point do you have to provide a social-security number to Paypal? And if we eventually needed to do so, would giving my wife's SS# be suspect? I'm getting confused about how to "do-business-as" another identity, yet be able to open a checking/saving acc. and need a valid social security number?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Writings not too good tonight, so please forgive the long-winded appeal!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2009
Threadstarter  

I keep having to re-read eBay Stealth to "remember what it says specifically"; Ok, so my wife opens-up a new checking-acc, with her real name...So, does having her name associated with my original Paypal acc, via 2nd debit-card, and "allowing her to be able to discuss my acc. with customer Reps.", create a link with my original (suspended)ebay-paypal acc.?

She didn't give Paypal any other info. than her name...when we got our 2nd debit-card in her name, and approved her to be able to "discuss my acc."!

I suspect it's too close of a possible linking?
Old 03-01-2009

Longevity: 94%

You will be fine as long as they never had her ss#..... have her open a bank account in her name only... if you want to be extra careful use her maiden name. Make sure the address is different. If paypal runs a credit check on her after they ask for ssn your account might go down., 1) If she has credit cards in her name with your street address or2) anything in both of your names it will be on your credit report. I have been told that paypal has done both a hard pull. (check the credit report) and soft pull (check credit score). If they just do a soft pull on your credit to get the score then you are safe.
Old 03-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Great Siashay-

Thanks for the informative reply; It is these exchanges that really help one complete their stealth creation; The only sticking-point I can come-up with now, is their investigation into her credit-report....but that should be later, right...if we are getting ebay "verified"? At any rate, she's only been in the country for 2-years, and has only had a credit-card for 1-year; She would have an association in that she gets her cc-statements at my PO Box....and I'm not sure that I've had that on Ebay...think I have...until we switched to our home address; Could we change her cc's billing address to a totally new UPS box...and let that build for a little while, and then if/when they do a credit-check, it may have had time to be her primary reporting address?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply; When I get going, I hope to offer my personal experience to help others too!
Old 03-02-2009

Longevity: 94%

I think you are all set. If you want to make sure get a free credit report on your wife just to see what is on her credit report. I am sure you will be fine with all the info in her name.
Old 03-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your helpful replies Siashay...I reallyl appreciate it!