eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Will this work? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/99643-will-work.html)

kelle 09-19-2016 04:39 PM

Will this work?

Hi y'all

I'm new and just recently go suspended from ebay for my next three lifetimes. I had my account for 10 years and was a casual seller for the most part. I recently had a few late shipments than got scammed by a buyer. Ebay is not seller friendly. Anyway, I opened another account with my son's name and since I'm not particularly tech savy, that got shut down pretty fast. When I say not particularly tech savy, I mean that I don't get this at all...it makes my head want to explode. I had to look up half of the acronyms y'all use. So here's my next plan and if you could critique it, I would appreciate it. I don't want to get my Dad's account shut down too. So, using Dad's account. It's an older account but he has only ever bought from it; never sold on it. I was going to start with listing about three or four safe items and then build up over a couple of weeks to about 25 or 30 a week. Still safe items, I sell household type stuff. He's just going to get me a debit card for his bank so I can withdraw money once it's in there from his paypal. I think so far that should be safe, right? My concern is this...I want to use my computer, a PC, at my office to do this. I have a lot of down time during the day. I used to access my ebay from here though, so not sure if I should or not. Alternately, I can spend a few evenings a week at his house to list to keep it the same IP. This is not something I want to do though...I just can. Suggestions? Downsides? Thank you for in advance for being patient?

cool customer 09-19-2016 04:48 PM

Re: Will this work?

Hi Kelle,

Welcome to the forum. You have a lot of questions and the answers are contained within these forums. Before you do anything I would set aside some time to read A LOT around the forums. I'm assuming you have not read the Stealth Book?

If not that should be a priority for you.

kelle 09-19-2016 08:44 PM

I have been reading around the forums a lot, it's a lot to take in. But from what I have read, I don't think I need to do anything other than find a new IP address since I am not in any way associated with my Dad's accounts. I don't think I need to set up stealth accounts. We don't live in the same house or share any information otherwise. I was just looking for confirmation or denial that my conclusion was correct/incorrect or something I may have missed. I didn't want to risk it. I probably shared too much but it makes me nervous so I didn't want to leave anything out.

MM78 09-19-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelle (Post 801110)
I have been reading around the forums a lot, it's a lot to take in. But from what I have read, I don't think I need to do anything other than find a new IP address since I am not in any way associated with my Dad's accounts. I don't think I need to set up stealth accounts. We don't live in the same house or share any information otherwise. I was just looking for confirmation or denial that my conclusion was correct/incorrect or something I may have missed. I didn't want to risk it. I probably shared too much but it makes me nervous so I didn't want to leave anything out.

Think about it, you got a 10yr old casual selling account Perm banned......and now you want to move on to your Dad's......Perhaps you should reconsider making some stealth accounts. We don't recommend involving Family, Friends, Pets with your business.

Dmshark25 09-20-2016 04:03 AM

Before changing your dads buying account into a seller, definetly get the stealth guide, there is much more than just changing your IP, and kt matters if you used to log into your account using your dads computer.

It would be ashame to burn his account by rushing things

kelle 09-20-2016 01:51 PM

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and get the stealth guide. I don't think I've ever logged into ebay from his compter but who knows maybe one time five or six years ago I did and don't remember and that would be the end of it. This is so dumb...I mean ebay not this forum.

kelle 09-20-2016 01:51 PM

Oh, what's kt?
I feel like I should know that from reading around here but I don't. :(

cool customer 09-20-2016 02:37 PM

It look like a typo Kelle. Substitute 'kt' with 'it'

kelle 09-20-2016 02:54 PM

That's what I thought but with all of the acronmy's floating around here, you just never know. Thanks.

OpticalBlade 09-20-2016 03:26 PM

Hi There and welcome !!
Your actually in a good position but MM78 is correct when he says don't involve Family or friends ! The problem is not having the Stealth guide you think you know what your doing when getting a new Ip etc but ....

There will be something you do wrong Guaranteed and then that a account will get banned! Not only that is it worth getting a 10yr account that's not even yours banned for the sake of not following a Stealth Guide ?

Its not something to rush... I was selling for 18yrs over 12,000 feedback and suddenly banned that was it, I wanted to get back on so bad I did what I thought was right and used a friends account got back on everything was great for 5 weeks then that got banned, my friend got pissed at me and it really wasn't worth it, I missed a detail and the account got linked... I thought I knew what I was doing but Ebay were smarter!!

Now everything is cool and I am back on, but only thanks to Stealth as
now I know what I am doing...

Good luck !!!