eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Entropay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/entropay/)
-   -   **Entropay Update** Why some people are having problems - Now uses AVS (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/entropay/25727-entropay-update-why-some-people-having-problems-now-uses-avs.html)

MadSam 12-05-2010 04:41 PM

**Entropay Update** Why some people are having problems - Now uses AVS

Many people have been reporting that Entropay has not been working for them recently after having relied on it for a long time as a first line for credit card verification. There have been a lot of threads on concern whether Entropay has been banned by PayPal/eBay. It is possible that they will do this as the first 6 digits of the card identify the issuer, so at some point if they decide that too many limited/stealth accounts have used Entropay and they don't like the look of it they may well ban it in the future, as many others have banned anything they recognize as a VCC or Gift Card. Many places do not like people using VCCs or Gift Cards because they know that this is someone trying to bypass their system by creating multiple accounts and prefer a *real* as in plastic credit card issued by a main bank, so if you buy VCCs for elsewhere it is important that it is issued by a real bank and not one that just deals in Gift Cards/VCCs. However...

At present Entropay is still accepted. The reason people have been experiencing problems is because Entropay has now implemented Address Verification System (AVS) - they used to be fully anonymous but over the past few months all of their cards now have AVS attached. This means that the numbers you provide in your billing address must match those you have on file with Entropay.

Solutions:
1) Change the information you have registered with Entropay to match the billing information you are trying to register.
2) Change the numbers and Zip/postal code in the billing information/stealth address you are trying to register to match that on file with Entropay.

kryunn 12-05-2010 05:47 PM

Thanks for the info but:

1) If it was actually happening, no people at all could have had registered lately. And I know for a fact that many have succeeded, using different addresses on PP/eBay than on their EP accounts. The problem is mainly with countries that can withdraw to Entropay vcc's, but just for Expuse purposes, it still works fine, no matter what address you use.

2) If you keep constantly changing your info on Entropay, they will block your account.

3) "Older" PP/Eb Accounts registered using EP still work fine. If there was a "general review" regarding this, dozen of thousands of accounts would explode within seconds.

MadSam 12-05-2010 06:37 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Entropay also has certain country restrictions. More specifically US Entropay accounts can't be used outside the US.

mbrice09 12-12-2010 01:35 AM

so wait.... change the paypal address to the address on entropay??. which would be your real address right??. and then you would have to change ebays address right cause it needs to match paypals or else you'll come across problems..

successsor 12-12-2010 05:09 AM

ok here is the situation on malaysia. entropay cannot use anymore. Why? after we activate ebay seller account using entropay, our ebay account will be suspend within 24 hours. now we searching entropay alternative. Any suggestion? i like to use entropay because i can make a new vcc card with just topup usd4. other alternative vcc i read they must @ least topup usd25..... so its a waste for me if i want to do multiple account. friends, any suggestion on alternative vcc similar like entropay? thanks in advance.

kyouichi 12-12-2010 09:04 AM

is this happening only to entropay or with other vcc too?
i have tried entropay with ebay and paypal and both will be banned within 1-2 days

successsor 12-12-2010 02:05 PM

entropay only. i use debit card no problem until now. But to get so many debit card is hard. i need to use my brother and sister name to apply debit card...

kyouichi 12-12-2010 03:01 PM

entropay can only use for buyer's account now
accept any payment or sell any item on ebay and you will be banned

kris 01-15-2011 01:52 PM

So today I got a nasty surprise when I woke up and checked my email. It seems Entropay has suspended my account???!! The reason given was 'suspicious activity'. Of course, I emailed them straight away, but I'm sure it will be a couple of days minimum before I receive a response.
Has this happened to anyone else recently? The only thing that I can figure might seem suspicious is the fact that I have maybe 6 entropay cards in my account.
Any advice would be greatly appreicated.

kyouichi 01-15-2011 02:27 PM

usually they suspend only when they suspect you are reselling their cards

kris 01-16-2011 02:37 AM

Ok, false alarm. It seems it had to do with my actual credit card company just verifying that my transfers to Entropay were made by me. Whew!!!

Pandarian 02-12-2011 08:48 AM

I used entropay to withdraw paypal. Now its not working. Does anyone have any alternative?

schaffer84 02-16-2011 01:17 PM

Alright, today I tried creating a sellers account by setting up an automatic payment method using a ent ro pay V.V. and I got the message, "Your card could not be authorized." BTW I live in Canada.

I created this VV card with my real information, however, the info on e b ay is not the same as my real info on my VV.

Is this why the card could not be authorized? Or, do you think it can't be authorized because they're not accepting Ent ro pay?

If I add that card to a stealth pa y p al account, will the pa y p al account work for setting up automatic payments?

Thanks in advance!

schaffer84 02-16-2011 01:32 PM

Nevermind, I got it to work. I forgot to add funds to the VCC... whoops!

So, just to reiterate what I just did:

1) Set up stealth e b ay account.
2) Purchased an ent ro pay VV card using REAL info
3) Added funds to the VV card
4) Changed my e b ay stealth account to a seller account

successsor 02-17-2011 08:20 PM

excuse me... what is VV card?

cortex 03-12-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaffer84 (Post 205553)
Nevermind, I got it to work. I forgot to add funds to the VCC... whoops!

So, just to reiterate what I just did:

1) Set up stealth e b ay account.
2) Purchased an ent ro pay VV card using REAL info
3) Added funds to the VV card
4) Changed my e b ay stealth account to a seller account

Cool, and into which account will you withdraw your funds into? ie the money you make from sales

schaffer84 03-13-2011 01:52 AM

I don't use PayPal to accept payments, I use a merchant account.