Own two ETSY shops. One is closed but the other was not. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Own two ETSY shops. One is closed but the other was not.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has similar experience.

I have opened two ETSY shops from the same computer half year ago. (I did not encounter any difficult in doing that. Of course I claimed that the two stores will sell different items at that time.)

I just focused on one of the stores in the past half year. But this shop was closed last weekend due to sell mass-produced products. (Those products are actually everywhere on ETSY.) Anyway, I am the unfortunate one and ETSY closed my shop.

I just found my the other shop was left intact. I even purchased an item from that intact store with my family member's account and it seems the selling activity did not trigger any thing. Does it mean I can move my current listings (with different pictures of course) to that store and continued to sell there?

Does etsy only check your IP or address when you set up a store? When a store has been set up, they will not care those things anymore?

Anyone has similar experience? I do not want to spend hours on listing but then being banned again in one second.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2016

Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Own two ETSY shops. One is closed but the other was not.

I was using 2 same details different niche shops. One is banned last year but second remain healthy. I think results are changing.
Old 10-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patojen View Post
I was using 2 same details different niche shops. One is banned last year but second remain healthy. I think results are changing.
Thanks for your input!

So do you change your name, credit card info, or address when you maintain the second shop? When I register the two shops, I use the same information. Do I have to change the information now? Is it more dubious to change?

And are you selling totally different items? I will not sell those mass-produced products but focus on the handmade ones. But those handmade ones have been listed in the old store. Is it fine?
Old 10-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Did you use same personal information for the two accounts? When I registered the two accounts, I used the same information.

And, yesterday night, I stupidly change the personal information for the intact account, thinking it might be safer to use different names and credit cards. This morning, I found that account was suspended too. I did not receive any email from ETSY to explain the reason though.

I did make a purchase with another account on the same computer. Could it be the reason?
Old 10-29-2016

Longevity: 75%

Same things were account holder names for my accounts
Old 11-02-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faint View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has similar experience.

I have opened two ETSY shops from the same computer half year ago. (I did not encounter any difficult in doing that. Of course I claimed that the two stores will sell different items at that time.)

I just focused on one of the stores in the past half year. But this shop was closed last weekend due to sell mass-produced products. (Those products are actually everywhere on ETSY.) Anyway, I am the unfortunate one and ETSY closed my shop.

I just found my the other shop was left intact. I even purchased an item from that intact store with my family member's account and it seems the selling activity did not trigger any thing. Does it mean I can move my current listings (with different pictures of course) to that store and continued to sell there?

Does etsy only check your IP or address when you set up a store? When a store has been set up, they will not care those things anymore?

Anyone has similar experience? I do not want to spend hours on listing but then being banned again in one second.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Yes they check IP.

You were probably ok because it had different items and you disclosed that.

I think you need to change your pics - edit all filenames - strip the EXIF off - or change it - and edit the pics such as watermarking them - making them 100% unique again.

This is a powerful freeware tool: owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
You'll need to download the command line and GUI separately or just use command line