eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   So Et...sy and EINs and IDs... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/102052-so-et-sy-eins-ids.html)

stuffandthings 12-22-2016 12:25 AM

So Et...sy and EINs and IDs...

I've been reading the forums and there's a few things I'm thinking of doing and have been wondering:

I know it's not recommended but instead of a SSN use an EIN. Is this not recommended because of the ID aspect of it or because Et...sy just doesn't accept it? Does my EIN need to match the name and address that I provide to Et...sy? I've already gotten an EIN with my real name and address and the company name and I applied for it as an LLC. I guess, I'm wondering if you know how in depth of a check they do. If I need to change the address on my EIN, I was thinking of getting a PMB from UPS so it'll be more like a street address. Also, I entered my middle name and my last name with a letter changed for Et...sy: should I have entered the first and last name as my company name instead?

Oh, btw, I created the Et...sy account yesterday and it's still open so I'm thinking so far I haven't triggered any flags. I haven't listed anything just yet because I'm wondering if using a program like Stripper is good enough for metadata cleaning?

I guess, my biggest problem seems to be the ID aspect of it. Do any of you know if they run a check on the DL number or are they just looking to see if the name and address on your DL match your the info you gave them?

Thanks so much for reading this far and any input would be so appreciated!

Gladiator 12-23-2016 04:50 AM

Re: So Et...sy and EINs and IDs...

Submitting false documents to gain a merchant account is the problem, in my eyes. Etsy cannot run the ID to check the validity as far as I'm aware. Looks like you have already gave them one to open the account, guess it's fine if they didn't close it when they approved it?

stuffandthings 12-23-2016 01:58 PM

They haven't asked for anything beyond first and last name and what to name the account and store. Honestly, I was mostly testing the IP aspect of it and see if just connecting to my modem without the router would be enough since the addresses for both are different.

It seems you have to list something first before you go into giving them an address and banking info and all that good stuff so I haven't had to submit an SSN or EIN or give an ID or anything like that just yet and before I get to that point I want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row. And I'm not thinking of entering false documents but I was thinking of using my Mom's DL since we both have the same names and then editing out the first name just so it doesn't match any previous records too much. I will also be using her street address so I'm confused as to how much info can they see through an EIN or if they ask for it just to verify it exists. I have my EIN under my real address but if they're doing more than just verifying it exists, then I want to change the address to a UPS PMB and instead of giving them my Mom's address, give them the PMB and if they ask questions tell them that the PMB is the business address and the address on the ID is my personal address?

PrinceNothing 01-13-2017 08:29 PM

From what I have read here, Etsy won't take EIN for the long term. They will ask for an SSN eventually.

Gladiator 01-17-2017 03:15 PM

There's a new way around it that I discovered last week and have made eight stores under it without issue. There's another way too. It's took a lot of trial and error but I think I have their system figured out so trust me when I say there's two ways to overcome the location issues and SSN.

DAILYHUNDRED 01-17-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 824887)
There's a new way around it that I discovered last week and have made eight stores under it without issue. There's another way too. It's took a lot of trial and error but I think I have their system figured out so trust me when I say there's two ways to overcome the location issues and SSN.

are you talking about USA accounts or international? I figured out the whole international stealth, just wondering if USA is still possible with EIN.

Also, do you see a big change in sales using international and domestic?

desertstar 02-02-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Any chance you can message me privately? I am not able to send you a message and I have a question for you.

MANY thanks!

TheBosss 02-11-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertstar (Post 827954)
Any chance you can message me privately? I am not able to send you a message and I have a question for you.

MANY thanks!

Can you PM me also? Trying to make a new stealth ETSY also. Can you just use EIN, change a letter in last name? They ask for ID also? anything else?

prezhall 02-18-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Any chance you could enlighten me on your discoveries? I still have had no success in a stealth account. I got close, but they shut me down on day 3

bannedfrometsy 02-20-2017 05:05 PM

Waiting for your reply buddy. we need your help! thanks! :clap::bump:

Quote: