eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   New Etsy account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/104991-new-etsy-account.html)

magnia 02-10-2017 09:17 AM

New Etsy account

Can you buy an etsy stealth account? And if not does anyone offere services to help you set one up.

TheBosss 02-11-2017 10:04 PM

Re: New Etsy account

wondering the same

zenohki 02-13-2017 03:44 AM

I'm not aware of anyone who sells accounts for Et.sy, the Et.sy side of the forum is not as popular as the others to have that sort of set up. And I'm not sure how easy it would be to do that sort of thing.

To be honest you should be able to set one up from the information given in stealth guide and the forums. Just takes a bit of research but each Et.sy I set up for myself costs me around 15 pounds, why pay more? I know the full history of each of my accounts so it's low cost with peace of mind. :)

Kajunrook 02-13-2017 05:52 PM

Just get a hot spot and new account (log in) on your computer. Use a name close to yours and different address and you should be good to go. I have two accounts with etsy but never been banned. How the heck do you get banned from etsy?

zenohki 02-14-2017 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 830157)
Just get a hot spot and new account (log in) on your computer. Use a name close to yours and different address and you should be good to go. I have two accounts with etsy but never been banned. How the heck do you get banned from etsy?

In my case it can be something as simple as using a tag that someone else has intellectual property rights too. The item that got me banned didn't infringe but the tag for it was enough according to Et.sy.

I've seen others claim that Et.sy asked them to prove their items are indeed hand made, and even with proof Et.sy refused the case. And I've also seen story's like where people have gotten too big for their boots and have been banned for poor service because they couldn't deliver on time.

magnia 02-23-2017 09:36 AM

I sold cufflinks and they weren't happy that they weren't homemade despite selling there for like 2 years and having about 20k in sales.

magnia 02-23-2017 09:36 AM

What is the 15 quid cost you incur?

zenohki 02-23-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnia (Post 832217)
What is the 15 quid cost you incur?

10 is the lowest cost sim card I've found so far for a new number
5 is the lowest I can top up my VCC's to

Easily made back from just 1 sale on Et.sy. Perhaps this cost cold be reduced further but I've not really researched it for a while. :)

magnia 02-23-2017 11:18 AM

so basically your advise in a nutshell

1. Buy the guide.
2. Get a new number to verify the account
3. Get a virtual credit card so you can get paid.

Thank you for the advise btw.

zenohki 02-23-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnia (Post 832229)
so basically your advise in a nutshell

1. Buy the guide.
2. Get a new number to verify the account
3. Get a virtual credit card so you can get paid.

Thank you for the advise btw.

I would definitely recommend buying the guide, it will tell you everything you need to know so you can build your own method. The new number and vcc are just a few of the steps, and I believe there are other options if you want to pursue a different route.

For my method when I started I also bought a router for a tenner that allowed me to change my IP whenever I wish, but it may be that you would want a vpn instead. Everyone does it differently, but first thing to do is buy the guide and put together a plan to suit your needs.

Gladiator 02-25-2017 04:45 PM

eBay guide won't help now outside basic stuff. These are two different beasts now thanks to changes etsy put in.

zenohki 02-27-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 832693)
eBay guide won't help now outside basic stuff. These are two different beasts now thanks to changes etsy put in.

What has changed for you in the US? Is it because of the paypal method you use Glad? For the UK side you just apply the stealth guides stealth paypal method to etsy instead. Unless My stealth is old and the current one has had some info taken out, to me it still applies quite well if you put your mind to it :)

MM78 02-27-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 832934)
What has changed for you in the US? Is it because of the paypal method you use Glad? For the UK side you just apply the stealth guides stealth paypal method to etsy instead. Unless My stealth is old and the current one has had some info taken out, to me it still applies quite well if you put your mind to it :)

Etsy USA requires a SSN for Direct Deposit.

zenohki 02-28-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 833027)
Etsy USA requires a SSN for Direct Deposit.

I thought our friends in the US had found a way to tackle this?

MM78 02-28-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 833126)
I thought our friends in the US had found a way to tackle this?

There is a way, involves creating accounts in other Countries, other than that....there is no way around the SSN requirement.

zenohki 03-01-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 833233)
There is a way, involves creating accounts in other Countries, other than that....there is no way around the SSN requirement.

Sorry my mistake, I meant that I thought there was a way around the SSN requirement in that you can find a way to not use direct checkout. That there is a way to stick with paypal for US users. That was the impression I got from reading some past topics anyway.

Gladiator 03-01-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 833345)
Sorry my mistake, I meant that I thought there was a way around the SSN requirement in that you can find a way to not use direct checkout. That there is a way to stick with paypal for US users. That was the impression I got from reading some past topics anyway.

No, you're not wrong. You can still make US accounts that are Paypal only...just requires a work-around.

zenohki 03-02-2017 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 833480)
No, you're not wrong. You can still make US accounts that are Paypal only...just requires a work-around.

Yes but I was still wrong in that I said direct checkout, where as you avoid the DC option.

I'd made it sound like it was possible to do DC in the US with some SSN based method. Just want to clear it up for the newbies that's all.

Gladiator 03-03-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 833549)
Yes but I was still wrong in that I said direct checkout, where as you avoid the DC option.

I'd made it sound like it was possible to do DC in the US with some SSN based method. Just want to clear it up for the newbies that's all.

You can make stealth DC accounts in the US still. I've done it. So have others.

bannedfrometsy 03-04-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 833748)
You can make stealth DC accounts in the US still. I've done it. So have others.

would you help me setup one. thanks