Etsy Payments end of stealth ? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Etsy Payments end of stealth ?

Maybe someone here will offer anything
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 55%

I'm working on something right now with the help of someone. I'm stuck on a certain part but as soon as they respond and assuming it works, I will pass their info via pm.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
B23 (05-28-2017), Gladiator (04-12-2017), kronengriffharry (05-05-2017), Tobywoby123 (05-10-2017)
Old 04-12-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by candles View Post
Hi

I have an etsy stealth for years but no DC, only standalone paypal, now that they are asking for the bank and info to verify id...what can i do?
Provide your info or make new stores. This isn't the end for a lot of people, you just gotta do a few steps and you'll be fine.
Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
How were you able to get away with setting up your real bank account with stealth info?
Its illegal to open a bank account in someone elses name so your only option is opening a bank in your own name or using someone elses bank with their permission. Etsy don't look at your bank details, they have a system that checks if the billing address related to the bank account links with the address you provide them and when it doesn't they ask you to verify your details with an ID. Which you then provide them.

But yeah in the UK they ask you for the name on your bank account in which you have to add the real name on your real bank account, your bank account number and your sort code. So obviously this has to be a new bank account that isn't linked to a suspended etsy. But they cant see the name on your bank account. I dont know how different it is for US stealth accounts though.
Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 54%

I've had my stealth setup for 2+ years using my real business EIN and a variation of my name for my bank account. Let's just say it matches my first and middle initial and real last name. I haven't had any issues yet ***crosses fingers***
Old 04-12-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
I've had my stealth setup for 2+ years using my real business EIN and a variation of my name for my bank account. Let's just say it matches my first and middle initial and real last name. I haven't had any issues yet ***crosses fingers***
You should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
T1000 (04-29-2017)
Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 57%

Be careful. Those guys might sell you false hope.
Old 04-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
Be careful. Those guys might sell you false hope.
Umm, no. I am a testament that it works. I've been here a while and have purchased a few things here, eBay Stealth included.
Old 04-13-2017

Longevity: 40%

I am SO very thankful to find this site, and more importantly this particular thread. I've been on Etsy for about 4 years with an alias. I was kicked off prior to that and managed to get back on using a different name, credit card, paypal email, ip address, etc. Everything was going fine until the email/announcement yesterday about forcing all shops to use the EC. Since PayPal only is no longer an option I was scared outta my boots! I'm going to send a PM to Gladiator and hope I can succeed with getting EC set-up. Fingers crossed for me! Thanks to all who posted - you may have just saved this Mama from a lot of heartache! I will keep you posted on my results.
Old 04-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

what klemantina said is always right, to a certain degree. this is the internet and plenty of weirdos on this forum offering bogus services and then just disappear after being paid.

with that said, as one of the only other prominent Et.sy sellers on this forum, i have spoken back and forth with Gladiator dozens of times. Gladiator and maybe 2 other members on this forum are the only ones who have any clue how Et.sy operates. since this is a very small section of the forum, it isn't very regulated and there is certainly a ton of misinformation from random n00bs that come out of nowhere.

the difference with the EB, PP and AZ parts of this forum is that there are tons of other pros on here who will call your a$$ out if you try to make bogus claims.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Beachin (04-15-2017)
Old 04-13-2017

Longevity: 51%

Have to say I am very curious about this change. Good luck to all you guys in the US.

Gladiator can I ask, is your method something that could apply to UK users or is it exclusively for you guys in the US just like your previous method? PM if you like to keep info off the boards. If its a viable option for me I may look into it for future stealths.
Old 04-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyrefugive View Post
I so do hope Gladiator Method will work. I once failed to open DC and had to use someone's info illegally but it burned. Now I'm only using paypal but at this rate, I don't think this method will last and DC will eventually be the only thing. Et-itchy is really onto stealth. So please don't post anything essential here guys! They are onto us!
they aren't on to anything. they are just trying to make more money and streamline their checkout system. they also want buyers to be able to purchase from multiple sellers and only pay one time. smart idea considering most buyers seem to be absolute morons who can barely even remember what they paid for
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (04-16-2017)
Old 04-16-2017

I just found this email in my spam box and am also one of the people freaking out. . . I use paypal only and I am based in the US. So I guess I will pm gladiator and see if anyone has figured out a way around this yet. :(
Old 04-16-2017

ah. guess I cant send a pm, it says I am to new lol
Old 04-16-2017
MU

I messaged you!
Old 04-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

everyone needs to bear in mind that until this is actually implemented, none of us on this forum can guarantee any sort of bypass. only what has been working up to this point. be patient and be weary of any random people you don't know offering services to a system that hasn't even started yet.
Old 04-17-2017
MU

Reading their forms to the state of NY and recent applied public documents shows what this is. It's not a big change in regards to their system. They want rid of PayPal, simple as that. Unfortunately for them they cannot get licenses or approval to have checkout in hundreds of places, hell some areas don't even have PayPal now, so it's pretty easy to know what to do. Could they change tomorrow? Sure. But they didn't technically change this time.

But you are right everyone should use caution in any situation.
Old 04-17-2017

In a bit of a jam with this update, as many seem to be. Im just wondering if anyone knows how closely they look at the ID provided... Does everything need to match 100% to the bank info given?

Also, is it possible to change your country of operation on an already active shop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-17-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpglg View Post
In a bit of a jam with this update, as many seem to be. Im just wondering if anyone knows how closely they look at the ID provided... Does everything need to match 100% to the bank info given?

Also, is it possible to change your country of operation on an already active shop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
If the ID doesn't match it won't work.

You can't change your country on active shops to any other area than isn't locked to DC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
jpglg (04-17-2017), T1000 (04-29-2017)
Old 04-17-2017

Thanks for the response Gladiator.

But, damn... So, sounds like i may be out of luck. I won't be able to switch the country.

If ID name matches, but address is different than address on bank, that wont work?

Really gonna suck if I lose this shop :(
Old 04-17-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpglg View Post
Thanks for the response Gladiator.

But, damn... So, sounds like i may be out of luck. I won't be able to switch the country.

If ID name matches, but address is different than address on bank, that wont work?

Really gonna suck if I lose this shop :(
If the name is the same, they may let it pass or ask for further verification on the address. If the name/address combo on the ID has been banned before you can't use it.
Old 04-17-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
everyone needs to bear in mind that until this is actually implemented, none of us on this forum can guarantee any sort of bypass. only what has been working up to this point. be patient and be weary of any random people you don't know offering services to a system that hasn't even started yet.
Why are you bashing Gladiator? He/she's the only one offering to help people here. No offense but all you offer is blank talk. I know, I know nothing is for sure and nobody knows anything at this moment and you're worrying for all of us stealthers. But stop bashing Gladiator.

I'm NOT affiliated with Gladiator in anyway; and I'm not even using his/her offering to open DC. I have my own way and will NOT share so the system don't get abused (so don't ask me). I'm just saying Gladiator trying to help.