eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Direct Checkout ID verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/108016-direct-checkout-id-verification.html)

Rhonda 06-07-2017 08:13 PM

Direct Checkout ID verification

Will Etsy deny my ID verification with my face partially covered on ID ? I don't feel comfortable with them seeing my face as it is a stealth account and I don't what to break any laws.

BaggaDonuts 06-07-2017 08:47 PM

Re: Direct Checkout ID verification

Yes, as you cannot cover your face on a real ID. Use someone else's photo if you're scared.

Rhonda 06-08-2017 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts (Post 851544)
Yes, as you cannot cover your face on a real ID. Use someone else's photo if you're scared.

Is it safe to use a "creative" ID on Etsy for verification purpose then? In terms of safe, that means etsy taking any legal actions on me in case they find out my creativity.

Gladiator 06-08-2017 07:42 AM

While the chances may be slim, it is against the law. You are essentially getting a merchant account and that is bound to requiring your real info. Those type of documents are just as illegal in your country as they are everywhere else.

zenohki 06-08-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 851577)
Is it safe to use a "creative" ID on Etsy for verification purpose then? In terms of safe, that means etsy taking any legal actions on me in case they find out my creativity.

I would not consider it "safe" there is always a risk in that sort of activity. It may be your only choice to get back on Et.sy. In that case ask yourself is the risk worth the reward. No one here can answer it for you.

Rhonda 06-09-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 851616)
I would not consider it "safe" there is always a risk in that sort of activity. It may be your only choice to get back on Et.sy. In that case ask yourself is the risk worth the reward. No one here can answer it for you.

What are the chances of Etsy staff informing the government in my country if they get suspicious?

zenohki 06-09-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 851722)
What are the chances of Etsy staff informing the government in my country if they get suspicious?

I honestly don't know. And unless we have an ex-et.sy employee here I doubt anyone here will be able to tell you. Even then it may be specific to your country as your government by be more strict on the matter than others, or maybe less so.

Sorry Rhonda but I think this is a really unknown area. It's not exactly something that can be promoted or encouraged on this website. I've never seen any discussions about people suffering any consequences here, but then perhaps that sort of thing is removed by admin.

Gladiator 06-09-2017 03:09 AM

It's illegal. Plain and simple. There's ways around it that do no require ID documents. It's stupid to make something or do something that could land you in trouble, even in a hypothetical if you can avoid it.

dallis 07-04-2017 10:17 PM

Don't do it.

I'm thinking that your home is probably comfortable, the refrigerator is full of good food, you get to sleep without worrying about being assaulted or killed, and you can come and go as you please and watch your favorite show on TV at least some of the time.

Of course, I suppose the prisons in HK could be way nicer than your home, but I'm guessing not.

Is it worth the risk?

AK81 07-04-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 856519)
Don't do it.

I'm thinking that your home is probably comfortable, the refrigerator is full of good food, you get to sleep without worrying about being assaulted or killed, and you can come and go as you please and watch your favorite show on TV at least some of the time.

Of course, I suppose the prisons in HK could be way nicer than your home, but I'm guessing not.

Is it worth the risk?

Calm down dude, its not that big of a deal even if he does...

Gladiator 07-04-2017 11:26 PM

People have been charged with fraud for less on eBay, you never really know.

Lisa M 07-19-2017 04:58 PM

Hi Gladiator
I would like to talk about a new E*ty account but I am fairly new and cannot PM you. Is there away we can communicate?

Gladiator 07-19-2017 08:31 PM

I PM'd you. Feel free to just email me direct.

blessedtrades 07-20-2017 10:25 PM

What about considering the ID card sellers here on this forum?

blessedtrades 07-20-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 859651)
I PM'd you. Feel free to just email me direct.

Hi Gladiator, I can't PM you neither. Can you PM me please?
thank you.

topnotchsports 07-20-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 856519)
Don't do it.

Is it worth the risk?

:pound: :pound: