Etsy Stealth Qs about bank act and IP - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-01-2017
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Etsy Stealth Qs about bank act and IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
It really seems like the only thing you can do is get a friend/family who will let you use their bank account
No. That's completely and utterly inaccurate.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
No. That's completely and utterly inaccurate.
I live in Canada and I am trying to open a bank account with a different address and I can not. I checked the stealth guide and I am still unable to open a bank account in my name with a different address.
Old 08-02-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
I live in Canada and I am trying to open a bank account with a different address and I can not. I checked the stealth guide and I am still unable to open a bank account in my name with a different address.
I'm waiting for an online service to send me the address verification which will take a few days. If all is well and I can attach that iban to my stealth account I'll let you know.
Old 08-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Why would you need a different address for the new bank account?
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
Why would you need a different address for the new bank account?
well wouldn't you need a new address for your bank account? won't they trace that??? same name, same address just a different bank account opening up the same type of store?
Old 08-02-2017

I can't reply to PM so I'll post it here:

I'm gonna see if this online service works and get back to you. The account will still be in my name but I'm pretty sure if my name is Gabriel John Smith and I put GJ Smith on the etsy account service they won't link the account and with the online service after I'm verified I can get as many ibans as possible.

Address is irellevant since etsy can't enquire the bank for the address and it won't appear on the transfer either so you can put whatever you want in that field (as long as it appears on your account as well to avoid other problems).
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpopescu View Post
I can't reply to PM so I'll post it here:

I'm gonna see if this online service works and get back to you. The account will still be in my name but I'm pretty sure if my name is Gabriel John Smith and I put GJ Smith on the etsy account service they won't link the account and with the online service after I'm verified I can get as many ibans as possible.

Address is irellevant since etsy can't enquire the bank for the address and it won't appear on the transfer either so you can put whatever you want in that field (as long as it appears on your account as well to avoid other problems).
So if I used my checking account can I just use my savings account? (Same bank) also, what's an Iban?
Old 08-02-2017

it's that long 25-35 characters long letters and numbers... international bank account number I think. Dunno if you're a national of the website you're trying to sell one it probably won't ask for it just for the normal acc number but even if it's the same number with a different ending like 01 to 02 it should work.

Last edited by dbpopescu; 08-02-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

I read the ste/alth guide but since it's for e/bay and not etsee I still don't have all the info I need. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Keep in mind I am in Canada

1)Can I use my savings account bank number for my ste/alth with the same bank I used for my real etsee (for my real account I used my checking account)

2)what info does etsee glean from your bank account # (name, address)

3)Can I make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name with my real account and use a gift credit card for payments?

thank you
Old 08-02-2017

Quote:
I read the ste/alth guide but since it's for e/bay and not etsee I still don't have all the info I need. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Keep in mind I am in Canada

1)Can I use my savings account bank number for my ste/alth with the same bank I used for my real etsee (for my real account I used my checking account)

2)what info does etsee glean from your bank account # (name, address)

3)Can I make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name with my real account and use a gift credit card for payments?

thank you
You can't use just any gift card. You need a virtual credit card, if I'm not mistaken they're for sale here. If you wanna test out if you can use your bank account with a different name send from a friend's account and see if your bank reacts, most banks don't but some do. Also send what you normally get from etsy because some banks react above a certain amount so if you send 1$ bank might not react but if you get let's say 500$ your bank might do some extra verification and react to the name being different than the account owner.
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
You can't use just any gift card. You need a virtual credit card, if I'm not mistaken they're for sale here. If you wanna test out if you can use your bank account with a different name send from a friend's account and see if your bank reacts, most banks don't but some do. Also send what you normally get from etsy because some banks react above a certain amount so if you send 1$ bank might not react but if you get let's say 500$ your bank might do some extra verification and react to the name being different than the account owner.
thanks for your reply

where do you get the virtual credit card from on here? I will buy

I am trying to figure out when et.sy has your bank information for direct checkout what other info does that bank account supply.

as in, once they have your bank account info do they also know where you live and have your real name? so could you easily use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address or not

if your name is jennifer smith for example , could you sign up as jen smith?
Old 08-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

First, Etsy can't see the NAME, ADRESSS, or any other info other than the Routing and Account Number.

Second, Any VCC or Visa/MC GIFT CARD will work.

Third, Etsy is t going to track you down and murder you or nothing....if you use a random name, address.
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
First, Etsy can't see the NAME, ADRESSS, or any other info other than the Routing and Account Number.

Third, Etsy is t going to track you down and murder you or nothing....if you use a random name, address.
hehehe are you sure my life isn't on the line???

Et/sy handmade items OR ELSE

Anyways, so a faux name + address with my real banking info will work?

the main Q I am trying to get answered is the first time I used my checking account if I use my savings account this time with a faux name will I be linked or shut down?

Thank you in advance for answering
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:

Also, if you use a gift card the type you can buy from money mart type places will Etsee know it's not registered to the person on the account? Essentially what I am asking is will they know it's a gift card and as for ID (even though I'm just gonna pay my balance through my sales $).

Last edited by EtsyGirl; 08-02-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:

You HAVE to enter in a name and address to sign up for et/sy payment and they said they will verify it through a third party service
Old 08-03-2017
EtsyGirl

How important is getting a birthday correct signing up with stealth etsee?
Old 08-03-2017

I've never run into a situation where I was asked to prove the birthdate.
Old 08-03-2017
EtsyGirl

Quote:
that is what it is doing for me
it is basically saying the name and the bank account dont match
Old 08-03-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
That's because of your country and conversion metrics your DC locked area does differently.
Old 08-04-2017

Longevity: 73%

I'm seeing a great deal of bad advice... and you're just flailing around wildly without a clue burning other people's ID's and wasting time and energy.

MM78 and Unknown have good advice.

Get Gladiator's guide, she knows her stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (08-05-2017), rsot (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017

Quote:

What does Et/sy see with bill payment from paypal? can they see name on the paypal account? or only and just email?

Which one is your recommendation to pay the etsy bill, paypal personal or paypal business?
Cheers
Old 08-05-2017
EtsyGirl

All I can say is I used my real account with a different real name/address and they couldn't verify it and asked for ID info