Have etsy caught me out? New account sales still processing. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-11-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Have etsy caught me out? New account sales still processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I think you need to probably change your setup as you're putting yourself too close to banned account areas and addresses. I sent you a message.
This is really contradicting.

I read somewhere here:

A. To create some accounts in same area with similar items. So if one shop shut down, you can just use another shop with similar items without get suspicious.

B. But this time, since this item is so freakin popular with huge margin, so many other shops just recently open which only to sell the same kind of item. (although with many models, but the same style and material). I trust they are all legit accounts. There are even some US/Canada/UK/FR sellers who sell these SAME items. I know one shop, she only have 1 item, but could sell almost hundred in a month until the item sold out, and she open the pre-order for it (obviously waiting the imported goods from here). I feel sorry for Her, since she, most likely, will get difficulty to comeback with the exact same item again.

But yeah,,,, Et/sy WIPED ALL of them.

So, in this particular and specific item, both ways doesnt work, i guess?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
This is really contradicting.

I read somewhere here:

A. To create some accounts in same area with similar items. So if one shop shut down, you can just use another shop with similar items without get suspicious.

B. But this time, since this item is so freakin popular with huge margin, so many other shops just recently open which only to sell the same kind of item. (although with many models, but the same style and material). I trust they are all legit accounts. There are even some US/Canada/UK/FR sellers who sell these SAME items. I know one shop, she only have 1 item, but could sell almost hundred in a month until the item sold out, and she open the pre-order for it (obviously waiting the imported goods from here). I feel sorry for Her, since she, most likely, will get difficulty to comeback with the exact same item again.

But yeah,,,, Et/sy WIPED ALL of them.

So, in this particular and specific item, both ways doesnt work, i guess?
My statement isn't contradictory as you are applying it to two different situations. You are using the same address/locations, that's vastly different than someone opening shops all over a city that has tons of sellers of similar items to blend in. Or that's what I got from your post, you re-used an address or location.

In the case of this item, if all these shops got bumped, Etsy Legal may have got a cease and desist from the company to pull them website wide vs individual sellers. That has happened in the past with Hello Kitty based items and Disney, IIRC.

I've been on Etsy for over a decade so I'm pretty familiar with this type of stuff. I offered to help you and could get you back on.
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
My statement isn't contradictory as you are applying it to two different situations. You are using the same address/locations, that's vastly different than someone opening shops all over a city that has tons of sellers of similar items to blend in. Or that's what I got from your post, you re-used an address or location.
Just to clarify, I used different address and location (different city) to my previous banned account. I trust, its complete new "everything". And moreover, my item is different than my previous banned account. I recently only just listing (no sales made yet) this freakin popular item. I can confirm as well, that I am blend in, since so many new shops in my city/location already successfully sold hundreds of these same/similar items each shop. So, I am unlucky that I got wiped out with the rest of them.

Quote:
In the case of this item, if all these shops got bumped, Etsy Legal may have got a cease and desist from the company to pull them website wide vs individual sellers. That has happened in the past with Hello Kitty based items and Disney, IIRC.
I really doubt this, since there is no private labeling/tag on this item. Its completely handmade craft by society (previously I said "Factory", but it is not). This is not a branded item(s), and original craft from here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but i think Et-sy think this particular item(s) is completely abused the sales with so many different shops. Who knows, some buyer candidate flagged this to Et/sy, wondering whats the different with each other, since they are looks the same, well its the same basically.

Just imagine, 30 US bucks clean profit per item, and you can sell 1500 same item per month. Please note, this is from 1 seller only. Other small fry shop sold hundreds each month.

Quote:
I've been on Etsy for over a decade so I'm pretty familiar with this type of stuff. I offered to help you and could get you back on.
Yes, I glad that you offer me a help and I really need to think other item that will help me make profit again with different categories. And I will email you when I have the ideas about it.

Don't get me wrong Gladiator, I have no doubt at all with your experience, since I am planning to have your help as well

Moreover, I just want to share with everyone here, there is this new "perspective" here with "abused" selling particular item. No matter how legal you are and how genuine you think your handmade item are, it will lead to suspended shop. I am sure there is no guideline on T/C with Et/sy in this case.

I know all of you think, this situation is rarely happened. But yeah, this sh*t actually happened.
Old 08-11-2017
MU

Hm. They may have thought you were these other sellers who got bumped for a completely different reason? If it isn't something trademarked I really don't know why the item itself would be the target, unless they have had problems with a lot of people getting shut down with it for third party reasons?

To be honest I'd have to see the item to know what the issue is as handmade products alone that are clearly handmade should not flag it. If it's selling like that a lot of people may be scamming people or not delivering and it's getting shops that look too similar busted too.
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
Hm. They may have thought you were these other sellers who got bumped for a completely different reason? If it isn't something trademarked I really don't know why the item itself would be the target, unless they have had problems with a lot of people getting shut down with it for third party reasons?
Well I really don't have the idea except what I explained above. I doubt they (the sellers) had problems with a lot of people. They only retailing handmade item in Et/sy. Thats what I thought. And I think (not Et/sy think) its a fair competition. The same handmade item. Not matter what, its handmade and legit.

Quote:
To be honest I'd have to see the item to know what the issue is as handmade products alone that are clearly handmade should not flag it. If it's selling like that a lot of people may be scamming people or not delivering and it's getting shops that look too similar busted too.
Its 100% handmade and unique, but they produced a lot in here. So anyone can retail wherever they want.

Quote:
If it's selling like that a lot of people may be scamming people or not delivering and it's getting shops that look too similar busted too.
I ruled out this scamming and not delivering reason since mostly all them got 5 stars review.

I already watch closely this particular item and competitors for 2-3 months. And checked almost everyday, of course from different IP and comp.

So in the end, they wiped ALL the shops with this particular item in just the same time.
Old 08-11-2017
MU

There has to be more to it if everyone got shut down for the same item. Like I said given there's a lot of items that are in that area I can't offer a good reason as to why it happened because I can't see the product. The category you sell in is unfamiliar to me so I can't fathom what would be hit like that.
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
There has to be more to it if everyone got shut down for the same item. Like I said given there's a lot of items that are in that area I can't offer a good reason as to why it happened because I can't see the product. The category you sell in is unfamiliar to me so I can't fathom what would be hit like that.
Yeah, as hit as you can imagine in terms of homogeneous of the item and profit. Since other sellers from other countries selling the same.
Old 08-11-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
Yeah, as hit as you can imagine in terms of homogeneous of the item and profit. Since other sellers from other countries selling the same.
No clue regardless of location. I only know my own category (clothing) and geek items I look for on there to buy. But if it is selling in other locations, there's where you need to be.
Old 08-11-2017

Quote:
No clue regardless of location. I only know my own category (clothing) and geek items I look for on there to buy. But if it is selling in other locations, there's where you need to be.
Its really close to your category. And I plan to move to clothing category.

I mean, the big shop who survive now, selling the same location and city with other shops who got suspended (incl. me). So actually my location is where I need to be.

Other seller in US/FR/CA/UK/KOREA, who imported from here and selling retail in Et/sy also got suspended. So, its mass suspend shop who sell this particular item.
Old 08-11-2017
MU

Ah. I thought you meant the sellers elsewhere survived. This has to be a patent issue or something as they would not close everyone down like that otherwise. Or a tag that belongs to someone got people caught. I know Gerber gets anal about their baby clothes marks, still just pure speculation.
Old 08-11-2017

I agree with you if this patent issue could inflict everyone.

However, this item is purely local produces here. With no tags whatsoever.

But I am not surprised if the main seller complained, and proof something to Et/sy and claiming their design, and Et/sy agree with these main seller.

Welcome to monopoly business of Et.sy then and in this case, old seller won the race :D :D
Old 08-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Is it something easily found on supplier websites?
No its just a clothing item - non branded no logos nothing just a simple 'customised' looking item.
Old 08-11-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

According the forums a lot of people's orders are in the processing stage, shops that are long standing are also having the issue.

I am trying not to freak out as this has happened to me as well.
Old 08-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Ok so etsy have now asked for proof that I actually make the item. Its something I can make so I can basically take pictures making it look like I make that particular item pretty easily so I will do that. Hopefully they let me sell again after sending those.

Has anyone sent pictures to them before? Even if I make it look really believable is there a chance they will still not let me sell?
Old 08-12-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Ok so etsy have now asked for proof that I actually make the item. Its something I can make so I can basically take pictures making it look like I make that particular item pretty easily so I will do that. Hopefully they let me sell again after sending those.

Has anyone sent pictures to them before? Even if I make it look really believable is there a chance they will still not let me sell?
If they show the process and you describe it like an average person would you should be good to go. I've had to send in photos several times in the past, not really a big deal - it's just a pain in the ass that they do it after you start selling vs when you first open the store.

Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (08-13-2017)
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Sent in pictures to them and a good description of how they are made - I thought it was pretty believable because I know how the particular item is actually made so I could give pretty detailed steps. However just got an email back saying they can't verify that I make the item and there decision is final. I truly think they just know its me from similar info. Just going to make a second stealth now.
Old 08-15-2017
EtsyGirl

Longevity: 0%

are you going to sell the exact same time of item though or move onto something new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Sent in pictures to them and a good description of how they are made - I thought it was pretty believable because I know how the particular item is actually made so I could give pretty detailed steps. However just got an email back saying they can't verify that I make the item and there decision is final. I truly think they just know its me from similar info. Just going to make a second stealth now.
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
are you going to sell the exact same time of item though or move onto something new?
I am curious as well. Since I am still interested to sell the same item in the same category.
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyGirl View Post
The item I listed originally was never the item(s) I intended to sell. With stealths I always list a random item for the first few weeks and wait until I get a sale to make sure the account is good to go before starting to list the items I intend to sell. Its just safer so if your account does go down at least when you create a new one you aren't going to get linked on the item you sell.
Old 08-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Just wondering how many stealth etsy accounts do you have up and running?

I have 1 thats been good for around 6 months now, my aim is to get another 2 up and running in the next month. Its just a hassle opening new bank accounts incase they do get taken down.
Old 08-15-2017
MU

Selling the same items is never the issue as long as you aren't reusing photos. I have been booted off numerous times and have shops selling the same items. As I said, I won't bow down to customers trying to rip me off so I just let the store go and move on.

I currently have 17 shops going for the holiday season: Most are PayPal only, but I have a few DC shops running just fine.
Old 08-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Selling the same items is never the issue as long as you aren't reusing photos. I have been booted off numerous times and have shops selling the same items. As I said, I won't bow down to customers trying to rip me off so I just let the store go and move on.

I currently have 17 shops going for the holiday season: Most are PayPal only, but I have a few DC shops running just fine.
Are you selling on all of those 17 accounts? Or are some just ready to go? How do you manage them all at the same time?

Also what countries allow PayPal only?