eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/112335-newbie-question-about-setting-up-new-etsy-account.html)

etsyvictim 11-17-2017 09:20 PM

Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account

Long story short: I was on etsy for 12 years. Never one issue. Got kicked out because husband set up a shop and used an NBA logo. They said I might be related to that bad account so my 3 shops were done, end of discussion. Now the solution:
So I live in Las Vegas and my Mom lives in California. If I go to CA. and set up a DBA with my Mom's address then go to bank there and open a business checking account with DBA name. Set up a paypal account in new email and banking info.
Open new etsy account using my business name, new bank account new credit card all from California address. Now come back to Vegas and use VPN to hide IP address, remove all cookies then list new stuff for 6 months then slowly filter in the 40 listings I use to have one by one with different pics.
What do you guys think?? Am I missing a big gaping hole that I am going to fall into?:juggle::doh:

SaiJin 11-23-2017 03:19 PM

Re: Newbie question about setting up new Etsy account

If you use the same business name on etsy, it'll be a red flag and I don't think they'll let you use the same ID name , would they?

estyhatesme 12-03-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsyvictim (Post 885242)
Long story short: I was on etsy for 12 years. Never one issue. Got kicked out because husband set up a shop and used an NBA logo. They said I might be related to that bad account so my 3 shops were done, end of discussion. Now the solution:
So I live in Las Vegas and my Mom lives in California. If I go to CA. and set up a DBA with my Mom's address then go to bank there and open a business checking account with DBA name. Set up a paypal account in new email and banking info.
Open new etsy account using my business name, new bank account new credit card all from California address. Now come back to Vegas and use VPN to hide IP address, remove all cookies then list new stuff for 6 months then slowly filter in the 40 listings I use to have one by one with different pics.
What do you guys think?? Am I missing a big gaping hole that I am going to fall into?:juggle::doh:

I just got shutdown also , would love to compare notes. I would definitely use a different camera cause photos have meta data on it that can be use to track which camera type took it.

roarman 12-03-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estyhatesme (Post 888249)
I just got shutdown also , would love to compare notes. I would definitely use a different camera cause photos have meta data on it that can be use to track which camera type took it.

Yes this for sure, also exif cleaners are handy. You can get free EXIF cleaners online fairly easily, helps to remove information from your photos

etsyvictim 12-03-2017 05:50 PM

I've never heard of picture cleaners. I always just thought if I take new photos and process them on my new laptop with different software than I was using before, that would be enough. And the fact that the items are different. I will look into that though. :-)

etsyvictim 12-03-2017 05:56 PM

Ok. Follow up: I just went to the EXIF site and uploaded a pic that I use to use on Etsy and it knew the make and model of my camera? I'm having a Big Brother melt down right now. Now I see why we need the stealth guide.

rsot 12-03-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsyvictim (Post 888340)
Ok. Follow up: I just went to the EXIF site and uploaded a pic that I use to use on Etsy and it knew the make and model of my camera? I'm having a Big Brother melt down right now. Now I see why we need the stealth guide.

Good check on your part etsyvictim :thumb:

Gladiator 12-03-2017 09:31 PM

Drag and drop software is the easiest. That said photo data is rarely what gets you caught. At least on etsy.