eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Christmas Rush on E-Itsy & Amzon handmade (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/112397-christmas-rush-e-itsy-amzon-handmade.html)

etsyrefugive 11-20-2017 05:25 PM

Christmas Rush on E-Itsy & Amzon handmade

I have been on E-itchy for years. Every November & December each year my sales double ( for November) and {up to} quintuple for December. However, it's nearly the end of November & my sale has dropped even more than my regular sales. WTH
This is my 2nd Christmas Season on Amzon handmade. Sale is pretty good from March-May each year. However, never had a Holiday Sales rush last year so I don't expect anything this year.

mattandkerry5 11-20-2017 05:39 PM

Re: Christmas Rush on E-Itsy & Amzon handmade

If your shop is doing good on E sy it will fall off at some point. We had over 15000 sales in 3 years and the it dropped about 70 %. I thought it was a test or something. I started a new shop with similar items and guess what. It started doing better than the established shop. E sy needs new shops to look good to investors. They only care about one thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gladiator 11-20-2017 10:13 PM

Etsy changed their search so it’s wonky. Just make more shops and spread the sales.

ebaystealth1974 11-20-2017 10:30 PM

What'd they change about it? I've been testing it out, and it seems pretty simple.

DISCLAIMER: I'm also not privy to the way it used to be!

Gladiator 11-21-2017 01:00 AM

They prioritize new shops over old ones during the first month or two of a shop, probably to get people to invest more time and money into their shop thinking it’s worthwhile. They also filter older, more successful listings down the page or onto other pages to spread content to drive up ad revenue.

It used to be whoever listed or sold recently was top, now it’s all filtered recommend items by default.

ebaystealth1974 11-21-2017 03:15 PM

Gotcha. Basturds!

jmag91 11-21-2017 04:59 PM

Weird you say this. I've been sitting here waiting for the holiday rush as well. Doesn't seem to be coming. Maybe after Black Friday?

etsyrefugive 11-21-2017 07:10 PM

About the "test". Yes, it has actually been going on for years. New or random stores get the boost. I'm no longer surprised by having lag sales at sometime during the year. BUT XMAS SEASON is NO WAY. I have always been recovered by the time of Xmas even when my stores could be "turn off" {by E-itsy} during regular time. Not This year, no signs of the "Rush", sales way down for Holidays. I'm too freaking lazy go open new stores as my items require special photography. It takes LOT of time, money & effort.

dachilla 11-27-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 885982)
They prioritize new shops over old ones during the first month or two of a shop, probably to get people to invest more time and money into their shop thinking it’s worthwhile. They also filter older, more successful listings down the page or onto other pages to spread content to drive up ad revenue.

It used to be whoever listed or sold recently was top, now it’s all filtered recommend items by default.

I have the exact opposite feeling. To me it looks like the new accounts need quite a while, like a month or so, to warm up and generate the first sale(s).

Gladiator 11-27-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 887029)
I have the exact opposite feeling. To me it looks like the new accounts need quite a while, like a month or so, to warm up and generate the first sale(s).

It could be categories based. I know in the ones I sell in that I can put a store up tonight and be making money damn near immediately depending on the product and it’s popularity. For categories I peruse a lot of them seem to have newer shops higher up, mixed with old.

I’d imagine for heavily saturated categories that older will get more top listings unless the search is much more specific.

etsyrefugive 12-04-2017 03:02 PM

well, I guess et-itsy is really reading & listening this thread. Just finished a big load of shipment. Orders keep pouring in after I complained. hahahah...

GreenBean 12-06-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsyrefugive (Post 885892)
I have been on E-itchy for years. Every November & December each year my sales double ( for November) and {up to} quintuple for December. However, it's nearly the end of November & my sale has dropped even more than my regular sales. WTH
This is my 2nd Christmas Season on Amzon handmade. Sale is pretty good from March-May each year. However, never had a Holiday Sales rush last year so I don't expect anything this year.

E-itchy closed up. Thought you knew?

Professionals went to ETSY.

No need for to use silly names. We are all on the same side.