eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Opening shop in country then "moving to China" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/112983-opening-shop-country-then-moving-china.html)

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-17-2017 02:28 AM

Opening shop in country then "moving to China"

I have a shop that is doing well, over 500 sales but I am based in Canada and the drop shipping from China. A few customers have left bad reviews saying the product comes from China so I am getting worried by days are numbered.

I am thinking what if I just base my shop in China and buy a VPN that says I am in China as well as change my address. Would that not solve the problem?

These loser customers take glee in ratting that it comes from China lol.

Well, I went on a VPN website to buy a dedicated VPN and told them I wanted a dedicated VPN for stealth store purposes. The person on chat notified me that this was not a good option and they don't recommend VPN's for buying and selling online because the sites can detect it's VPN and shut down the site.

Never heard of this before on here as I have lurked on here before. Is this a good plan or not?

dachilla 12-17-2017 05:04 AM

Re: Opening shop in country then "moving to China"

Come on, think. There is no need for that.

You can just change the shipping settings.

GreenBean 12-17-2017 08:00 AM

Welcome to the forum. All the best as you learn stealth.

:cheer:

rsot 12-17-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 890561)
Welcome to the forum. All the best as you learn stealth.

:cheer:

Ditto heebee GB :thumb:

dachilla 12-17-2017 09:25 AM

Oh, and welcome :)

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-17-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 890537)
Come on, think. There is no need for that.

You can just change the shipping settings.

Won't you get in trouble by etsy, living in Canada, shipping from china?

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-17-2017 02:49 PM

...With no production partner?

Gladiator 12-17-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy (Post 890534)
I have a shop that is doing well, over 500 sales but I am based in Canada and the drop shipping from China. A few customers have left bad reviews saying the product comes from China so I am getting worried by days are numbered.

I am thinking what if I just base my shop in China and buy a VPN that says I am in China as well as change my address. Would that not solve the problem?

These loser customers take glee in ratting that it comes from China lol.

Well, I went on a VPN website to buy a dedicated VPN and told them I wanted a dedicated VPN for stealth store purposes. The person on chat notified me that this was not a good option and they don't recommend VPN's for buying and selling online because the sites can detect it's VPN and shut down the site.

Never heard of this before on here as I have lurked on here before. Is this a good plan or not?

Yeah most of us wouldn't have shops if that were the case. :laugh:

Your problems are workable. Lame that customers are getting on you, but if it takes a while to get your items you probably should have a longer delivery time noted in your shop to avoid those kind of expectations.

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-17-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 890667)
Yeah most of us wouldn't have shops if that were the case. :laugh:

Your problems are workable. Lame that customers are getting on you, but if it takes a while to get your items you probably should have a longer delivery time noted in your shop to avoid those kind of expectations.

I use epacket shipping and state 1-2 processing time so not too many issues with that however people wanting things by christmas and me not being able to deliver tracking numbers has been difficult

just want to know how to ship from china without getting in trouble

sandram 12-17-2017 10:18 PM

I have great big stock and I make my designs in China, I wait for them to arrive at my house in US and I send them to my clients, etsy want your articles to be made by you, not by a Chinese

Gladiator 12-18-2017 12:13 AM

That’s the main thing with Etsy. Once they see you are drop shipping it’s only a matter of time before the shop is toast. It isn’t hard to drop ship, but you have to be on the up and up with other stuff.

dachilla 12-18-2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy (Post 890630)
Won't you get in trouble by etsy, living in Canada, shipping from china?

No problems. It'll work.

You should have your own pictures tho, don't use stock images or immages from the supplieres, or whatever you found on the internet.

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-18-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 890742)
No problems. It'll work.

You should have your own pictures tho, don't use stock images or immages from the supplieres, or whatever you found on the internet.

Thank you for your response but won't changing shipping settings to China with no production partner while being based in the USA/Canada set off alarms with ets//y of drop shipping?

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-18-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 890742)
No problems. It'll work.

Thanks for your response.

But won't it set off red flags to be shipping from China when you are located in Canada or the U.S. with no production partner???

wannaride1 12-18-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 890717)
That’s the main thing with Etsy. Once they see you are drop shipping it’s only a matter of time before the shop is toast. It isn’t hard to drop ship, but you have to be on the up and up with other stuff.

can you please message me

yotano211 12-19-2017 05:57 AM

I really hope that you put that your items come from China or ships from there. If I where one of your customers and I see that I would leave a negative mark on you. I am not going to wait 3 weeks for shipping from China when on your sales listings is says Canada or anywhere in North America.

I can wait 3 weeks for a Chinese package but only when I dont need it sooner.

Gladiator 12-19-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy (Post 890897)
Thank you for your response but won't changing shipping settings to China with no production partner while being based in the USA/Canada set off alarms with ets//y of drop shipping?

I personally wouldn't change it to a ship from address in China while using Direct Checkout/Canadian shops.

Another method would be to buy the items, take your own photos and list that way.

There's another way, which is simpler. It requires merging two stealth principles but it works a lot easier to get around etsy restrictions.

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-19-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 891132)
I personally wouldn't change it to a ship from address in China while using Direct Checkout/Canadian shops.

Another method would be to buy the items, take your own photos and list that way.

There's another way, which is simpler. It requires merging two stealth principles but it works a lot easier to get around etsy restrictions.

i have my own photos of the products i sell but they still ship from china

i simply want to know if i can change the "ship from" location without any penalties

Gladiator 12-19-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy (Post 891142)
i have my own photos of the products i sell but they still ship from china

i simply want to know if i can change the "ship from" location without any penalties

They will close your shops. Without question they will review them and shut them down.

AnnoyedByEtsy 12-19-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 891161)
They will close your shops. Without question they will review them and shut them down.

What if you sell supplies though?

Gladiator 12-21-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy (Post 891169)
What if you sell supplies though?

Do you have the supplies? Can you, yourself, be a drop shipper for someone else? If the answer is no - you can’t skirt around the Etsy rules.

Missleo94 01-21-2018 03:56 PM

Yes, changing the shipping location is a big no-no, especially to China. It will cause a shop review and you can imagine the rest. The way to go about it is setting longer production times and mentioning this visibly to cutomers in both description and after sales message, to avoid complaints later about it taking longer than they expected.
About them noticing that it actually arrives from China, by looking at the info on package - well no way to go around it as long as you do ship from China, unless you use mail forwarder, but that would be a costly option.