Payments on Etsy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 12-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061
Default Payments on Etsy

Hey guys,

Im looking into Etsy, Ive found a product which im going to test first but im just looking into the payment part. Do i have to accept paypal as an option of payment?

If anyone has any tips about starting on Etsy, like starting slow etc it would be much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Payments on Etsy

If the area is direct checkout no. If it isn’t, yes.
Old 02-06-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry9061 View Post
Hey guys,

Im looking into Etsy, Ive found a product which im going to test first but im just looking into the payment part. Do i have to accept paypal as an option of payment?

If anyone has any tips about starting on Etsy, like starting slow etc it would be much appreciated.
I would recommend starting slow at all. In fact, the more products you list, the more chances to sell. When I first opened, with almost 100 items, took me 4 months to make the first sale. But then the engine started working better the more items I would list. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2018
MU

That’s terrible advice. Etsy will flag all shops for manual review if you do it like that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
dachilla (02-07-2018), Shassar (02-21-2018), zenohki (02-07-2018)
Old 02-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
That’s terrible advice. Etsy will flag all shops for manual review if you do it like that.
Gladiator, hi there. I'm new user here. I'm planning to open a stealth et.sy account, and I have one question.

Can I use Entropay card when Et.sy asks me credit card during the sign up process? Or do I have to buy a digital gift card? Please help!
Old 02-15-2018
MU

Sometimes entropay is fine, others they won’t verify. It’s hit or miss in my usage. If you can get regular gift cards or online vcc from sellers on the forum those are fine. None of this is needed in a lot of stealth methods tho.
Old 02-16-2018

Quote:
Sometimes entropay is fine, others they won’t verify. It’s hit or miss in my usage. If you can get regular gift cards or online vcc from sellers on the forum those are fine. None of this is needed in a lot of stealth methods tho.
There are some legit websites offering virtual visa cards. It costs near to zero to get one. I think it's one of the best alternatives to Ent.ro pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyGuy99 For This Useful Post:
fadetoblk (01-15-2019)
Old 02-16-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGuy99 View Post
There are some legit websites offering virtual visa cards. It costs near to zero to get one. I think it's one of the best alternatives to Ent.ro pay.
You don't need any cards to make Paypal only shops, at least with my method. Waste of effort and time.
Old 02-21-2018

Activity: 36%
Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to makavi94

Ebay and esty both are same type?
Old 02-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You don't need any cards to make Paypal only shops, at least with my method. Waste of effort and time.
Except Paypal is in a different country than the etsy account.
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
fadetoblk (01-15-2019)
Old 02-21-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
Except Paypal is in a different country than the etsy account.
And? Still doesn’t matter.
Old 02-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
And? Still doesn’t matter.
Kinda does matter if you use the paypal account to pay your etsy fees with it from the beginning... Lets say you have a paypal from spain and you register the etsy account is in columbia.

Now in the past of course you always operated the paypal account with a spanish IP.

During the registration process on etsy when they ask you how you want to pay etsys fees, you'll chose paypal. And they will make you log into the paypal account.

Now since you operate the Etsy account from Columbia you'll naturally use a columbian IP and you'll have to login to your paypal account with that Columbian IP. Problem is: usually you operate your paypal account with spanish IP.

Why take the risk? Just add a vcc to the account.

Last edited by dachilla; 02-21-2018 at 01:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
fadetoblk (11-09-2018)
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:
Kinda does matter if you use the paypal account to pay your etsy fees with it from the beginning... Lets say you have a stealth paypal from spain and your etsy account is in colombia.

Now you'll always operate the paypal account with a spanish IP of course.

During the registration process on etsy when they ask you how you want to pay etsys fees, you'll have to log into your paypal for a moment tho . Now if you operate the Etsy account from Columbia you'll have a columbian IP all the way down and you'll have to login to your paypal account with that Columbian IP whereas usually you operate your paypal account with spanish IP.

I didn't have to log into Paypal during registration process. Et.sy just asked my credit card information to charge me.
And it's not necessary to pay fees with paypal. You can use vcc.
Old 02-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I didn't have to log into Paypal during registration process. Et.sy just asked my credit card information to charge me.
And it's not necessary to pay fees with paypal. You can use vcc.
you can select paypal as payment method and the you'll have to log in to the account and make a micro payment.
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:
you can select paypal as payment method and the you'll have to log in to the account and make a micro payment.
When I selected paypal as a payment method, I just entered paypal email and it was already registered as a payment method. I didn't have to log into paypal.
Old 02-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
When I selected paypal as a payment method, I just entered paypal email and it was already registered as a payment method. I didn't have to log into paypal.
I think you are talking about how you are paid by etsy.

I was talking about paying etsy fees and if you select to pay their fees with paypal you'll have to sign into paypal when signing up.
Old 02-21-2018
MU

Quote:
Kinda does matter if you use the paypal account to pay your etsy fees with it from the beginning... Lets say you have a paypal from spain and you register the etsy account is in columbia.

Now in the past of course you always operated the paypal account with a spanish IP.

During the registration process on etsy when they ask you how you want to pay etsys fees, you'll chose paypal. And they will make you log into the paypal account.

Now since you operate the Etsy account from Columbia you'll naturally use a columbian IP and you'll have to login to your paypal account with that Columbian IP. Problem is: usually you operate your paypal account with spanish IP.

Why take the risk? Just add a vcc to the account.
I run two PayPal accounts, both legit (debit cards even issued for them) and run multiple PayPal only Etsy shops in various countries - have been doing so for two years. I do not do anything that will show a non-normal IP to PayPal as I’m not inept and know when I can turn on and off my VPN. Nothing requires that much effort and I’m not paying for new VCC each month to pay fees when it’s not necessary.
Old 02-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I run two PayPal accounts, both legit (debit cards even issued for them) and run multiple PayPal only Etsy shops in various countries - have been doing so for two years. I do not do anything that will show a non-normal IP to PayPal as I’m not inept and know when I can turn on and off my VPN. Nothing requires that much effort and I’m not paying for new VCC each month to pay fees when it’s not necessary.
I understand. Since my paypals are all stealth and most of them are pretty new i don't want to mess around with that and rather attach a vcc to the account.