eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   reopen an Etsy shop, something is not clear,please help (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/118271-reopen-etsy-shop-something-not-clear-please-help.html)

foxy2 06-23-2018 02:37 PM

reopen an Etsy shop, something is not clear,please help

Hello,
I opened my Etsy shop last year but it was only lasted one day.

I would like to open another one,but there are some issues not clear,here are the questions.

1)Is dongle will change my Ip address,mac address? Or I need to change a router?
2) Do I need to change or buy another computer?

3) I will use my family member's ID card and bank card etc. We live in the same building, but the address of our ID card is the old address, not where we live now. (I think I had provided my current address as shipping or billing address to et.y last time). So I am bit worry about the address I will provide this time.

Now the question is :My family member has 2 Id cards (credit card etc.)in 2 countries. Can I use one as registration,but my main Ip address and shipping
will be from another country? I can explain as I travel quite often in these 2 countries( i do).

4) Can I use old mobile phone to log in etsy app?

Thanks in advance

dachilla 06-24-2018 01:13 AM

Re: reopen an Etsy shop, something is not clear,please help

1. Dongle will give you another IP address. Since you connect though your dongle, what?s your issue with the router??

2. New User on windows should be enough

3. Don't use family members or friends. Do not use the same address.

If country and IP are not matching its a nono.

4. Except you know exactly what you are doing, I wouldn't recommend to do this.

Cheers

rsot 06-24-2018 01:52 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

foxy2 06-24-2018 03:24 AM

Thanks a lot for your help.

1)If the Ip address changes, how about the mac address? Some people suggested to change router and even ISP. That's way I thought to get a new router.

2)Can I use the address I I lived(same city)as registration address, then return to my current address or P.O box? I don't even know if it exists here.

3)But I travel often, I would like ship even from another country sometimes. How to manage the shop if the IP address is not match? Get VPN?

4)So I need to get a new phone if I want to log in etsy app? How about all the pictures i did by this phone?Can still use?

Sorry for so much questions.

Thanks again

dachilla 06-26-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy2 (Post 926863)
Thanks a lot for your help.

1)If the Ip address changes, how about the mac address? Some people suggested to change router and even ISP. That's way I thought to get a new router.

2)Can I use the address I I lived(same city)as registration address, then return to my current address or P.O box? I don't even know if it exists here.

3)But I travel often, I would like ship even from another country sometimes. How to manage the shop if the IP address is not match? Get VPN?

4)So I need to get a new phone if I want to log in etsy app? How about all the pictures i did by this phone?Can still use?

Sorry for so much questions.

Thanks again

1. MAC address is not important. People who say so have no idea. Changingg router or ISP is not needed. Just get a decent VPN.

EDIT: VPN with Fresh IP. If you need France 24vc.com should be your choice.

2. You can use any address as long as the VPN matches the country and the address hasn't been used before.

3. Thats why I suggested to use VPN. You can work from wherever you want.

4. Yes you need a new phone and you need to take new pictures. If you use your old phone to take the pictures you need to remove exif data by using a software called batch purifier.

GL :thumb:

foxy2 06-30-2018 09:56 AM

Dear dachilla,

Thanks so much. I will try and hope it will work.

Finger cross

foxy2 06-30-2018 10:31 AM

Dear dachilla,

I downloaded batch purifer but can't open it in my mobile. If I download it in the computer and erase the data of the pictures which are made by phone, should be the same?

Thanks

JamesNorth101 06-30-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy2 (Post 928269)
Dear dachilla,

I downloaded batch purifer but can't open it in my mobile. If I download it in the computer and erase the data of the pictures which are made by phone, should be the same?

Thanks

That is fine to do

Play 06-30-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Dear dachilla,

Thanks

Never knew they had a mobile version...

Yes its fine. I prefer to do it this way as I know for certain i've done it, i.e. just as i'm about to upload images for the listing, quickly remove exif data (using batch purifier).

rsot 06-30-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Dear dachilla,

Thanks

Download to the computer and work on them - forget the mobile for a bit, put it away :)

foxy2 07-01-2018 02:50 AM

Hi, guys, thanks so much for the answer. Just want to double confirm that I can still use old computer,just set up a new user (standard user)?

lukas1001 07-05-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy2 (Post 928452)
Hi, guys, thanks so much for the answer. Just want to double confirm that I can still use old computer,just set up a new user (standard user)?

Yes, can be administrator user as well

foxy2 07-05-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukas1001 (Post 929224)
Yes, can be administrator user as well

Thanks a lot