eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   How do you get strikes removed from your account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/118490-how-do-you-get-strikes-removed-your-account.html)

Jclee4 07-04-2018 12:16 AM

How do you get strikes removed from your account?

I just received an email stating that this is my last warning and if i get one more takedown notice from someone they are banning me for good. I immediately put my account on vacation. There is a competitor reporting all my stuff. This is my first account ever. Had it a little over a year now. I want to possibly email or call etsy and explain what this person is doing. This isnt right. Such a flawed system. Any advice?

Can strikes possibly be removed?

lukas1001 07-04-2018 10:09 AM

Re: How do you get strikes removed from your account?

I do not know of any way strikes could be removed. If they catch you again your account would be banned. There are some cases that you can get more than 1 strike after they email you that you got 1 strike left but I think it is random and usually they ban you after 1 more strike.

rsot 07-04-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jclee4 (Post 928894)
Any advice?

Get backup accounts and don't rely only on this one account that seems to be on thin ice.

Jclee4 07-04-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 928994)
Get backup accounts and don't rely only on this one account that seems to be on thin ice.

Backup etsy accounts seem to be tough to manage. From what i'm reading on here. They are pretty clever with blocking and finding you. I wouldn't even know how to get past the social part.

jbr0xel 07-04-2018 04:17 PM

Two questions:
1- Is the account in question legit?
2- Are you sure you're not infringing on any intellectual property?

Jclee4 07-05-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbr0xel (Post 929047)
Two questions:
1- Is the account in question legit?
2- Are you sure you're not infringing on any intellectual property?

Yes the account is legit. I'll give you a perfect example of what happened to me. I made a design for the past solar eclipse. I made it on a pillow and was selling that pillow. Someone came and mimicked that design and did exactly what I did. My sales stopped completely. I then sent them a message to take it down. They messaged me back boldly saying "No". I chucked it up as a loss. I then made another design for another pillow. This person came and mimicked that too. They follow me and just copy my stuff then low their price. This time I said I'm reporting them. I then receive message after message from Etsy saying their taking down my stuff. Because someone reported it. I hate how they can easily do this.

jbr0xel 07-05-2018 10:10 AM

Well what you can do now is submit a DMCA counter notice on every single DMCA take-down notice you got, the other person will have 10 days I think to submit to Etsy that they've filed a law suit against you, which I'm pretty sure they won't do, otherwise Etsy will allow you to re-activate those items.
What I would do in addition is, I would upload those designs to deviantart or something(low resolution version) and then file DMCA takedown notices against them for every single design they stole.
I would also once they allow you to re-activate your taken down listings send etsy support an email explaining the entire situation and making sure they remove the strikes. Pro tip: you might get a canned response on your first email so always send a second email if you do. in fact keep sending emails until someone assures you that all strikes have been removed.
Goodluck!

yankee 07-05-2018 10:44 AM

check out posts from the me member Gladiator

Gladiator 07-06-2018 05:44 PM

DMCA counter-notices only work on copyright. If they sent in direct claims or trademark claims you cannot get them removed. Etsy will suspend you regardless.

rsot 07-06-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jclee4 (Post 929044)
Backup etsy accounts seem to be tough to manage. From what i'm reading on here. They are pretty clever with blocking and finding you. I wouldn't even know how to get past the social part.

Then might be them to change the business model completely, sadly