eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Advice/Brainstorming On How To Give Your New Shop Listings A Ranking Boost (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/118533-advice-brainstorming-how-give-your-new-shop-listings-ranking-boost.html)

jbr0xel 07-05-2018 05:25 PM

Advice/Brainstorming On How To Give Your New Shop Listings A Ranking Boost

So having just opened another shop and finished the listing process, I noticed that new shop listings (maybe new listings in general) tend to start off last for main keywords. As I was reading through etsy's seller handbook guides about promoted listings I noticed they use a "quality score" to rank listings that are competing for ad placement. In this quality score they take into consideration the relevance of the listings i.e, Title/Tags SEO, as well as the history of the listings(clicks, favorites and purchases, store review average ...ect).

Taking this into consideration I thought I'd run a test, the hypothesis is: do clicks/favorites/purchases obtained through PL increase a listings quality score and rank in search.
If yes, then after running a PL campaign for a week, (limiting max cpc bid and maxing out daily budget, thus selecting for the best performing listings form the get go ) I should see an increase in traffic above baseline for the store after stopping PL.
If not, the views/visits should remain the same and we can conclude that PL are useless for boosting rankings.

While I run this test, do you guys have any tips on how to increase your search rankings?

Gladiator 07-06-2018 05:42 PM

Re: Advice/Brainstorming On How To Give Your New Shop Listings A Ranking Boost

Waste of time. None of that boosts listings.

My new shops are never last in the listings. You’re using your keywords badly if that’s the case.

Sunspot144 07-07-2018 01:11 PM

Google ads via etsy account for the majority of their traffic hands down. Lots of guest buyers. Doing testing and $5/day gets me the same # of sales as $10 but still too early for any conclusions.

dallis 07-07-2018 10:08 PM

PL's are pretty much a waste of money. Keywords in the title are definitely important.

On ETY my listings are always shown in about 5-10% of the listings on the first 10-20 pages. I am frequently shown in the category header. I've sold more listings in the past three years than my 3 largest longest-term competitors have in the past 5-7 years combined.

I find tags are wasted time. My listings end up with no more views regardless of what tags I use or if I use no tags at all. I've invested a lot of time in testing them and trying countless variables and at this point tags are doing nothing for me.

Renewing a listing or adding new listings with new pictures seems to improve search standing more than anything else I do. I spend 1-2 days a month and re-photograph product and create a few hundred new listings with a new background and updated details and fresher variable titles. I test these against older listings and eliminate poor performers and build upon listings with successful stats to create ever more successful listings.

I have a listed of nearly four hundred applicable keywords I use that I rotate on every listing title I write to cover every possible keyword combination and search parameter imaginable. If someone types in a word in any way related to my product, or anything that can be made from my product, or anything my product can be used for, there's at least a handful of listings with that keyword at the beginning of the title.

Right now I find running a sale seems to help - a little. Free shipping isn't much of a motivator. Summertime is my slowest period.

Etsy search is a constantly changing mess. You'll have to keep trying endlessly to keep ahead.

As a side note, this works on EB as well. Ruthlessly go through your listings 2-4 times a month, eliminate the poor sellers and low view stats product, change up with new stuff. Relist products that sell as quickly as possible.

It's all about the stats. If you have a product that is an excellent seller, use it as a template for newer products or revamp the old ones.

Don't relist stuff that's a poor seller endlessly. It drags down the stats of your entire lineup. Take new shots, create new listings.

Sites care about sell-through.

rsot 07-08-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbr0xel (Post 929242)
So having just opened another shop and finished the listing process, I noticed that new shop listings (maybe new listings in general) tend to start off last for main keywords. As I was reading through etsy's seller handbook guides about promoted listings I noticed they use a "quality score" to rank listings that are competing for ad placement. In this quality score they take into consideration the relevance of the listings i.e, Title/Tags SEO, as well as the history of the listings(clicks, favorites and purchases, store review average ...ect).

Taking this into consideration I thought I'd run a test, the hypothesis is: do clicks/favorites/purchases obtained through PL increase a listings quality score and rank in search.
If yes, then after running a PL campaign for a week, (limiting max cpc bid and maxing out daily budget, thus selecting for the best performing listings form the get go ) I should see an increase in traffic above baseline for the store after stopping PL.
If not, the views/visits should remain the same and we can conclude that PL are useless for boosting rankings.

While I run this test, do you guys have any tips on how to increase your search rankings?

Hypothesis is faulty

Sunspot144 07-09-2018 01:09 AM

Use etsy's google ads :P

https://i.imgur.com/pGJ3rJ9.jpg

dallis 07-11-2018 01:35 PM

Mine’s better than that and I don’t use any paid ads...

Sunspot144 07-11-2018 02:23 PM

Missed the point. Takeaway is external search can account for ~50% of etsy traffic essentially doubling your viewers.

Madina 07-15-2018 07:59 PM

Listing new items every single day is one of the best SEO tricks you can do on Etsy.