eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Does Etsy ask for Phone # when setting up new account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/121157-does-etsy-ask-phone-when-setting-up-new-account.html)

baxterblue 10-25-2018 05:55 PM

Does Etsy ask for Phone # when setting up new account?

Hi All,

I am looking at getting back on E@@y after a couple years away. I purchased the Eb*y stealth guide and it has come in handy. A lot of good info.

Since it's been a while since I created a new account can anyone tell if a phone number was required? I don't remember having to give my number but again it's been a while. If it does, I'll grab a new phone.

Thanks for your help!

cheerfool 10-25-2018 06:51 PM

Re: Does Etsy ask for Phone # when setting up new account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxterblue (Post 952593)
Hi All,

I am looking at getting back on E@@y after a couple years away. I purchased the Eb*y stealth guide and it has come in handy. A lot of good info.

Since it's been a while since I created a new account can anyone tell if a phone number was required? I don't remember having to give my number but again it's been a while. If it does, I'll grab a new phone.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, no, they did not ask for me.

woky 10-26-2018 01:02 AM

They do ask for a mobile phone no, but there’s no verification involved.

baxterblue 10-28-2018 06:20 PM

Woky is correct...

Created a new account over the weekend and they DID ask for a phone number. There was no verification needed for the phone number but they did confirm the email address.

Thanks All!

Play 10-28-2018 08:03 PM

Every platform requires a phone number now.

You can grab a new number very easily though.

HAHlala 11-01-2018 04:03 PM

Etsy ask for a phone number but its never used. I just type a random number in it - usually my own number with a few wrong numbers in there. Don't go to the hassle of finding a new real phone number to use

dallis 11-01-2018 06:13 PM

Yes, They want a phone number

Play 11-03-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHlala (Post 954456)
Etsy ask for a phone number but its never used. I just type a random number in it - usually my own number with a few wrong numbers in there. Don't go to the hassle of finding a new real phone number to use

I'd avoid that. In case that number happens to be linked to another account, if that account get suspended, yours could too.

If need be, just get a new sim, use the number on that sim. Regardless of whether you choose to use the sim or not.

rsot 11-03-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHlala (Post 954456)

Not the best of advice as Play pointed out

HAHlala 11-08-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 954943)
Not the best of advice as Play pointed out

From all the phone numbers in the world the chances of putting in a random number that is linked to a banned etsy account is probably 1 in a 10 million. Also I highly doubt even using a linked phone number on etsy would cause you to be suspended as they don't seem to verify it at all as I've even put invalid numbers in before with too many numbers and there are no issues.

rinota 06-02-2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHlala (Post 956150)
From all the phone numbers in the world the chances of putting in a random number that is linked to a banned etsy account is probably 1 in a 10 million. Also I highly doubt even using a linked phone number on etsy would cause you to be suspended as they don't seem to verify it at all as I've even put invalid numbers in before with too many numbers and there are no issues.

are you sure they don't verify phone numbers? I've read that sometimes they may also call and ask for info on your name etc

drBoB 06-03-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinota (Post 1007590)
are you sure they don't verify phone numbers? I've read that sometimes they may also call and ask for info on your name etc

I never get call from etsy, only mails