eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Average Cost of Stealth Acc Setup? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/121988-average-cost-stealth-acc-setup.html)

fadetoblk 11-26-2018 10:52 PM

Average Cost of Stealth Acc Setup?

How much have you guys spent setting up a new stealth account successfully? I have everything in order, just waiting to get the courage up to start. I don't have much money to put into this stealth thing right now, so from what I have put together, I'm only going to have to pay around $20 for a good fresh and dedicated IP correct? Anything else I need that involves money?

MM78 11-26-2018 11:11 PM

Re: Average Cost of Stealth Acc Setup?

What are your cost for Phone, VCC?

TGMT² 11-27-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadetoblk (Post 960399)

FYI: If you purchase the annual plan on IPBurger it's under $10 monthly.

zenohki 11-27-2018 02:05 PM

For me, £5.00 on a new sim card and maybe £0.50 in VCC fees (£5.50 to set up but I use the £5.00 credit paying et.sy fees). The rest I do myself so just costs time :)

dachilla 11-27-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadetoblk (Post 960399)
How much have you guys spent setting up a new stealth account successfully? I have everything in order, just waiting to get the courage up to start. I don't have much money to put into this stealth thing right now, so from what I have put together, I'm only going to have to pay around $20 for a good fresh and dedicated IP correct? Anything else I need that involves money?

It depends... Has your etsy account been a reliable source of icome for you or has it been just a "thing".

If it used to be your source of income then investing a bit in a new account shouldn't be the worst idea. If you're a hobbyist then 20 bucks might do the job or maybe you'll need to invest another 20 if you fail.

Just getting a fresh IP isn't enough. You can get that by restarting your router for free.

Twisty 11-27-2018 02:59 PM

My post just disappeared...

Twisty 11-27-2018 03:04 PM

Let's try again.

It's cost me roughly £2.50 if I need a VCC. Normally only 50p max as I use a dongle across many accounts so this is a shared cost. In the UK it's very easy to obtain high limits. Easy to go from 10/£650 to 1000/£20,000 in a week. My last few accounts went from 10/£650 to 1000/£20000 with under 10 sales. Most tend to go from 10/£650 to 500/£10,000 very very often.

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 960402)
What are your cost for Phone, VCC?

You mean for the new phone number?? I've actually never got suspended before, I would like to make one for a back up just in case, but I wasn't planning on using my phone for the stealth account. Just my PC.

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 960410)
FYI: If you purchase the annual plan on IPBurger it's under $10 monthly.

Thank you//

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachilla (Post 960627)
It depends... Has your etsy account been a reliable source of icome for you or has it been just a "thing".

If it used to be your source of income then investing a bit in a new account shouldn't be the worst idea. If you're a hobbyist then 20 bucks might do the job or maybe you'll need to invest another 20 if you fail.

Just getting a fresh IP isn't enough. You can get that by restarting your router for free.

It's my only source of income at the moment, but the one I have now hasn't been suspended, I got 2 strikes already and would like to make a backup just in case. I don't sell anything infringing anymore on my main one, but I've read horror stories and know how Etsy is. Would just like to be prepared. I know I need more than a new IP. I was just asking in case I missed anything.

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisty (Post 960644)
Let's try again.

It's cost me roughly £2.50 if I need a VCC. Normally only 50p max as I use a dongle across many accounts so this is a shared cost. In the UK it's very easy to obtain high limits. Easy to go from 10/£650 to 1000/£20,000 in a week. My last few accounts went from 10/£650 to 1000/£20000 with under 10 sales. Most tend to go from 10/£650 to 500/£10,000 very very often.

You lost me after the first sentence lol sorry I'm fairly new and I live in the US, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tron 12-01-2018 06:33 AM

VPN Subscription - 3 month subscription with IP Burger or 24VC is around 50/60 Cant remember exactly.

Pre Paid mastercard/visa - I like to put $30 at least

You can use an online phone service for free or buy an extremely cheap sim card online. Thats if you care about owning the number you sign up with (you should just to be safe).

Everything else can be done for free.

You will be looking around $100 total.

The issue is when you make the stealth account, if you don't get it right first time you will need to pay for an IP refresh from the VPN provider, not expensive but i think they charge 10 or 15 each time.

Its an investment, if you sell the right thing you can make the $100 back in 30 mins lol.

Good luck!

Aaran 12-01-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisty (Post 960644)
Let's try again.

How are you getting around the requirement to have bank details that match the account holder details? I tried to use a revoult card and got an email saying

"This is Christina from Etsy's Trust & Safety team. Thank you for being a member of the Etsy community.
Unfortunately, we could not verify the information you provided during the sign-up process for Etsy Payments. There are certain discrepancies between the document you’ve provided, the name associated with your payment account, and/or the bank account on file with your shop.
"

The problem is its not just a card number it requires
Bank name *
Name of the account holder *
Account number *
Sort code *

Twisty 12-01-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaran (Post 961700)
How are you getting around the requirement to have bank details that match the account holder details? I tried to use a revoult card and got an email saying

"This is Christina from Etsy's Trust & Safety team. Thank you for being a member of the Etsy community.
Unfortunately, we could not verify the information you provided during the sign-up process for Etsy Payments. There are certain discrepancies between the document you’ve provided, the name associated with your payment account, and/or the bank account on file with your shop.
"

The problem is its not just a card number it requires
Bank name *
Name of the account holder *
Account number *
Sort code *

I only do ebay/PayPal stealth. No idea how etsy works. With PayPal the name on your PayPal account doesn't have to match the name on your bank account.

Twisty 12-01-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadetoblk (Post 961672)
You lost me after the first sentence lol sorry I'm fairly new and I live in the US, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I typed a much better reply but it disappeared.

My only cost is the cost of mobile data. I use a dongle and buy 3 mobile data sims. I usually make 20 accounts per month at a cost of about £10 in mobile data, which is 50p per account. 99% of the time I will add a bank account verified paypal to ebay and I can start selling immediately. Sometimes I am asked for a card to be attached by ebay before I can sell. I then add a VCC that costs me £2. In the UK you can get free sim cards.

This is specific to UK accounts as I don't make US accounts.

It's really cheap to do stealth in the UK. Even easy to increase limits. You just need to know how.

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisty (Post 961708)
I typed a much better reply but it disappeared.

My only cost is the cost of mobile data. I use a dongle and buy 3 mobile data sims. I usually make 20 accounts per month at a cost of about £10 in mobile data, which is 50p per account. 99% of the time I will add a bank account verified paypal to ebay and I can start selling immediately. Sometimes I am asked for a card to be attached by ebay before I can sell. I then add a VCC that costs me £2. In the UK you can get free sim cards.

This is specific to UK accounts as I don't make US accounts.

It's really cheap to do stealth in the UK. Even easy to increase limits. You just need to know how.

Thank you!

fadetoblk 12-01-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tron (Post 961683)
VPN Subscription - 3 month subscription with IP Burger or 24VC is around 50/60 Cant remember exactly.

Pre Paid mastercard/visa - I like to put $30 at least

You can use an online phone service for free or buy an extremely cheap sim card online. Thats if you care about owning the number you sign up with (you should just to be safe).

Everything else can be done for free.

You will be looking around $100 total.

The issue is when you make the stealth account, if you don't get it right first time you will need to pay for an IP refresh from the VPN provider, not expensive but i think they charge 10 or 15 each time.

Its an investment, if you sell the right thing you can make the $100 back in 30 mins lol.

Good luck!

Lol, thank you. Your reply helped the most.