eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   What happened to Etsy? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/122422-what-happened-etsy.html)

ISeeYou 12-14-2018 08:35 AM

What happened to Etsy?

I was having like 4-5 sales a week minimum before.
but last times i am basically not having a single sale on month.
The views are okay. people interested and stuff, but somehow the sales are extremely low. the goods i sell are pretty popular and people really get interested, however there are no sales last times.
Does anyone knows what is happening to Etsy?
My shop is in search results and no problems with it at all, but the sales are screwed =/
It happened after the last etsy updates btw.

Sunspot144 12-14-2018 09:10 AM

Re: What happened to Etsy?

Try offering coupon codes and sales if you aren't already

manoverde 12-14-2018 10:23 AM

On what page are you RANKING?
Is the image you have gets eye atenttion?

Vanalinn 12-14-2018 12:46 PM

This Etsy seller has some informative videos you might want to listen to, and hopefully you'll get some ideas on how to improve your sales.
One of her many helpful tutorials: https://youtu.be/I00lOxz7bgA

woky 12-14-2018 01:02 PM

Sales are fine, it might be your products.
Understand what people search for and when; it’s christmas soon, they’re looking for gifts and decorations now.
Also, a tip, include the rate for shipping in the price and offer free shipping for same country shipping. It will show up both in search and in “free shipping” section :)

November 1500+ sales
December 1000 sales so far so I might have an idea about what people want

zenohki 12-14-2018 01:32 PM

Trends change, seasons chance, and competitors will want to steal your sales. There could be many reasons, it depends on your product, or the category you sell in. But for me, this is the best time of year for sales, I actually have to restrict sales and up prices to keep the workload at a level I can cope with, so I don't think its et.sy

wilburnet 12-14-2018 02:23 PM

Coupons in my opinion don't work.

SaiJin 12-14-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilburnet (Post 964709)
Coupons in my opinion don't work.

Why don't you think so?

Does etsy have an option for you to purchase a banner that'll show up on the main page in the top like eBay?

ISeeYou 12-15-2018 07:45 AM

yeah perhaps ur right guys. its all about seasons and taste changes. i'll try to add some completely different types of items and see what happens.

btw, does anyone uses etsy premium accounts on stealth? are they any good? or it not worth it?

big tymer 12-15-2018 07:19 PM

i think it depends what you are selling. we are coming into that time of year people are shopping for other people than themselves. i have found that sales of items i have the people use for themselves slow down this time of year because the customers are using that money to buy gifts for others. but that is my own stuff and experience.

rsot 12-15-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 964941)
i think it depends what you are selling. we are coming into that time of year people are shopping for other people than themselves. i have found that sales of items i have the people use for themselves slow down this time of year because the customers are using that money to buy gifts for others. but that is my own stuff and experience.

Agree - or people are burned out from shopping.

big tymer 12-16-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 964951)
Agree - or people are burned out from shopping.

Or in my case...broke:surrender:

Nicoleprice 01-10-2019 04:17 PM

I dont think the buyers have decreased but with more and more shops they are getting spread very thin.

big tymer 01-10-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleprice (Post 970359)
I dont think the buyers have decreased but with more and more shops they are getting spread very thin.

That has been the trend since around 2011-2012. When I first started selling there I was one of about 5 sellers in my niche, now there are over 100. Sucks.

wilburnet 01-11-2019 08:39 AM

I have a tip on how to get more sales. This method is for the Etsy app not on the PC.

Say you have 4 orders pending to be dispatched, have them ready for dispatch confirm orders shipped in your phone and this now leaves zero orders outstanding. Sign out of the Etsy app for 5 mins and re log back in. This method works for me as when i do this i will always get 1 sale or more later on in the day.

For example i had 5 orders yesterday, had them ready and dispatched so processed orders and signed out of Ety. Then i signed back in and within half hour had 2 more orders. Another person confirmed this works for them on Ebay also, as they dropship from Amz to Ebay.

Sunspot144 01-11-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilburnet (Post 970515)
I have a tip on how to get more sales. This method is for the Etsy app not on the PC.

Say you have 4 orders pending to be dispatched, have them ready for dispatch confirm orders shipped in your phone and this now leaves zero orders outstanding. Sign out of the Etsy app for 5 mins and re log back in. This method works for me as when i do this i will always get 1 sale or more later on in the day.

For example i had 5 orders yesterday, had them ready and dispatched so processed orders and signed out of Ety. Then i signed back in and within half hour had 2 more orders. Another person confirmed this works for them on Ebay also, as they dropship from Amz to Ebay.

huh. :coffee:

wilburnet 01-11-2019 01:27 PM

I think I explain it well, Etsy like to see activity in your shop...