eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   New Etsy stealth account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/123081-new-etsy-stealth-account.html)

nikkiniks 01-10-2019 10:47 PM

New Etsy stealth account

Hi everybody, this is my first post on this forum and I just wanted to check a few things before I jump back on to Etsy. I had my account suspended in September and it has made a huge impact as it was my main source of income.

I've been busy designing new products so I can get back on with a new brand and after reading through this forum I think I know what I need to do.

I will be opening the new account using my mum's details. So her name, address and bank info. I'm in the UK but my store will be "based" in the US.

- Does that affect the way I need to do things?

I was going to purchase a Fresh IP but think I will do that in a few months once I see the account is running "ok". For now, I will use a new phone & mobile number to tether when I need to access the shop on my computer.

- Do I need to create a new user account on my computer as well?
- I've seen someone mention they also log MAC addresses. Is this true, as I don't have a new device to access Etsy from.

Also as far as editing my product photos, as long as I delete all the file info will that be ok?

- Does anybody know which program I can use on a mac to do that?

I think that is everything but if not can you please let me know what else I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

rsot 01-11-2019 12:13 AM

Re: New Etsy stealth account

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Tron 01-14-2019 06:10 PM

Get a new fresh IP, New user account on your Mac, and use your mums details. You will get back on with that. Give all real details otherwise they will ask for ID. When it comes to re-listing your items what I done was hide my old listings amongst new ones. Change titles, pictures and descriptions. Its up to you if you use the same pics, I personally wouldn't otherwise someone could report you and if ET//SY add 2 and 2 you will get banned again. If you do use the same images make sure you clean them.

ET//SY cannot trace your mac address yet so don't worry about that.

Good luck :)

nikkiniks 01-14-2019 09:31 PM

Thank you! I’m too scared to sell the same product so there shouldn’t be any way for people to tell it’s me. Thanks for the advice. Going to try and register this week and get my listings up.

Thanks again!

zatenalinmisbukullanici 01-14-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkiniks (Post 971400)
Thank you! I’m too scared to sell the same product so there shouldn’t be any way for people to tell it’s me. Thanks for the advice. Going to try and register this week and get my listings up.

Thanks again!

Make sure your IP is in the US where your shop will be based on.
So better to use a dedicated clean US IP if you are outside of US.

nikkiniks 01-16-2019 04:13 AM

Sorry I should’ve said my shop will be selling in dollars rather than being based in the US. The info I will be using to sign up will be a UK address so I’ll stick to the UK IP.

zatenalinmisbukullanici 01-16-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkiniks (Post 971687)
Sorry I should’ve said my shop will be selling in dollars rather than being based in the US. The info I will be using to sign up will be a UK address so I’ll stick to the UK IP.

Oh. Ok then. Make sure everything is new. IPs, Cards, Address even user on your computer (to avoid cookies, Flashs)

nikkiniks 01-19-2019 01:11 AM

Quick question....the phone I was planning to use to connect to Etsy isn't working. I have an old phone that I am sure I used to log in with my old suspended account. Can I still use that phone with a new sim card or will Etsy be able to detect that it is me? I was all ready to open this weekend but now I don't think I can :(

BigCJ 01-19-2019 02:25 PM

Everything needs to be new. even the phone

zatenalinmisbukullanici 01-21-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkiniks (Post 972336)
Quick question....the phone I was planning to use to connect to Etsy isn't working. I have an old phone that I am sure I used to log in with my old suspended account. Can I still use that phone with a new sim card or will Etsy be able to detect that it is me? I was all ready to open this weekend but now I don't think I can :(

If you used etsy app it may cause problem. If you did not use just make sure your browser is clean.

thepianoman 01-21-2019 06:34 PM

always remember fresh ip which you can create yourself actually. but theres aspkin's good one

nikkiniks 01-22-2019 01:12 AM

Thanks guys that’s saved me a lot of stress. I’m only using it to tether so it should be ok no? Also, I never used the Etsy app on that phone, just the website.

Sadly, I can’t afford a fresh IP right now so I’m going to use the new SIM card until I can and I know my stealth is running successfully!

nikkiniks 01-22-2019 05:41 AM

OK, so I did use the Etsy app on this phone in the past. I can see it in a list of apps I installed. Is this phone a lost cause now?

Sorry to keep asking questions!

rsot 01-22-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkiniks (Post 973006)
OK, so I did use the Etsy app on this phone in the past. I can see it in a list of apps I installed. Is this phone a lost cause now?

Sorry to keep asking questions!

I wouldnt use this phone since the app is on it unless you a) reset it completely or b) just stick to the computer (maybe best option - forget the phone)

nikkiniks 01-22-2019 07:52 AM

The app isn't on the phone anymore but I can wipe it no problem. I'll be using the phone to tether on my computer. I won't be accessing Etsy on the phone itself.

zatenalinmisbukullanici 01-22-2019 09:41 AM

I see no problem for tethering with that device but wait for a conformation.

nikkiniks 01-24-2019 02:16 PM

Anybody else able to confirm if this would be ok?

semi 08-15-2019 04:20 AM

hello guys , how to clean my photos so they wont tracked ? i am planing to hide some of them in new ones.

benyamine 08-15-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semi (Post 1026601)
hello guys , how to clean my photos so they wont tracked ? i am planing to hide some of them in new ones.

i use a app called EXIFPURGE

iamnush 03-10-2020 03:26 AM

I have a phone that is been used on my home WiFi. But never logged into Etsy as a seller or any username for that matter. Can I reset the phone and get a new sim and use it at home to handle my new stealth account?

Tlp77 08-24-2020 03:16 PM

I used my phone and didn’t connect to WiFi. Used cellular data but got suspended right after setting up account.