eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Can you sign up for Etsy seller if you don't have an SSN number? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/125176-can-you-sign-up-etsy-seller-if-you-dont-have-ssn-number.html)

thepianoman 04-02-2019 08:24 PM

Can you sign up for Etsy seller if you don't have an SSN number?

HI

I'm wondering can we sign up for an etsy account if someone didn't have an ssn or they want stealth and only have or want EIN?

What would someone do in either case?

yankee 04-02-2019 08:41 PM

Re: Can you sign up for Etsy seller if you don't have an SSN number?

EIN works.

thepianoman 04-02-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 991113)
EIN works.

Is that new? Because I remember everyone once talking about how etsy stealth was so hard because of the 4 ssn requirement?

update: I just tried signing up and under my name it says last 4 of ssn? It says can't validate information when I do ein.

yankee 04-03-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepianoman (Post 991123)
Is that new? Because I remember everyone once talking about how etsy stealth was so hard because of the 4 ssn requirement?

update: I just tried signing up and under my name it says last 4 of ssn? It says can't validate information when I do ein.

if you are using and EIN, then you are not using your name..... The business name must match identical to what is on the IRS website. Plus, it will take a few days or even longer for the the IRS website to update.

So if you file a new EIN now as ABC Sales and Marketing and get EIN number 123456789

You must use ABC Sales and Marketing with 123456789 if not, how would it possibly match the IRS website?

thepianoman 04-03-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 991201)
if you are using and EIN, then you are not using your name..... The business name must match identical to what is on the IRS website. Plus, it will take a few days or even longer for the the IRS website to update.

So if you file a new EIN now as ABC Sales and Marketing and get EIN number 123456789

You must use ABC Sales and Marketing with 123456789 if not, how would it possibly match the IRS website?

Ahhh Okay. Now under that example would I put ABC Sales as First Name and do same for Last name , or split it for first and last name? I see that's smart , it asks for first and last name that's why only. I get what you mean it will have IRS or whatever check it has to see that name matches last 4 and then done!

hhh1504 04-03-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

what do you mean when you said "Plus, it will take a few days or even longer for the the IRS website to update."
Should one wait a week after filling an LLC before applying to sell on these platforms? or should you have an LLC running for a week before signing up on these platforms?

thepianoman 04-03-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhh1504 (Post 991464)
what do you mean when you said "Plus, it will take a few days or even longer for the the IRS website to update."
Should one wait a week after filling an LLC before applying to sell on these platforms? or should you have an LLC running for a week before signing up on these platforms?

I think he means so the IRS can name match your ein in the system when sites like Etsy check it quickly. So yeah probably wait is good idea.

jeranimo71 04-26-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Hi there,
I thought you could help me, if you answer me I appreciate. I want to create etsy shop(non stealth), with real name and infos. But I'm non US resident and I have not SSN. I created a LLC, I got EIN number on 10th of April this year. Could I create this account with just EIN number and real infos? For example I'll use last 4 numbers of EIN and should I use my LLC name on name section? or my real name and surname? And could I create US Paypal account same condition?
https://i.hizliresim.com/GmVM42.jpg

agent006140 04-26-2019 04:53 PM

If you sell something on Etsy,it will deposit the money in your bank account but you dont have a US bank account?

jeranimo71 04-27-2019 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 997763)
If you sell something on Etsy,it will deposit the money in your bank account but you dont have a US bank account?

I have US Bank account, LLC and EIN number. I have not SSN but maybe I'll get an ITIN number. I have also virtual address in USA for LLC. I just wonder could I create Etsy account with my EIN number legally? And also Paypal account?

eatjunk 05-14-2019 10:45 PM

i do not think you need a paypal. bank account will work

bsktssince1903 05-24-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Hold on here, because here's a few questions...

1. It's asking for Date of Birth and address. Now your company must be created at least 18 years ago, right?

2. I tried doing this, it gives me the following error

"We had trouble verifying your identity

Verify your ID"

Can you explain please?

thepianoman 05-24-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsktssince1903 (Post 1005435)
Hold on here, because here's a few questions...

1. It's asking for Date of Birth and address. Now your company must be created at least 18 years ago, right?

2. I tried doing this, it gives me the following error

"We had trouble verifying your identity

Verify your ID"

Can you explain please?

From what I understand the SSN/EIN validator checks name matching to it only and not DOB or even Address.

Tlp77 08-24-2020 03:21 PM

Do you know if they track with last 4 of ssn?

thepianoman 10-12-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeranimo71 (Post 997701)
Hi there,
I thought you could help me, if you answer me I appreciate. I want to create etsy shop(non stealth), with real name and infos. But I'm non US resident and I have not SSN. I created a LLC, I got EIN number on 10th of April this year. Could I create this account with just EIN number and real infos? For example I'll use last 4 numbers of EIN and should I use my LLC name on name section? or my real name and surname? And could I create US Paypal account same condition?
https://i.hizliresim.com/GmVM42.jpg

I wish someone can answer you. I don't know what to put in first and last name boxes. Do I divide the llc name and split or or what.

Pocoo 12-26-2020 12:35 AM

The pianoman were you able to successfully do this?

Duab 12-26-2020 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepianoman (Post 1119696)
I wish someone can answer you. I don't know what to put in first and last name boxes. Do I divide the llc name and split or or what.

Will not work.

Also I suggest going with EU based account. Why you chose US?

rsot 12-26-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocoo (Post 1133124)
The pianoman were you able to successfully do this?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

moe.anobis 09-30-2021 04:45 PM

Welcome to the forum- all the best as you master stealth

moe.anobis 10-11-2021 04:15 PM

did you guys figure out how to go around the last 4 of SSN when you have an LLC?

Duab 10-13-2021 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moe.anobis (Post 1172557)
did you guys figure out how to go around the last 4 of SSN when you have an LLC?

You can't get around that

rsot 10-13-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moe.anobis (Post 1172557)

You mean EIN?