eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   When to add EIN? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/131025-when-add-ein.html)

Khaleesi 10-31-2019 07:38 PM

When to add EIN?

How soon after opening do you add your ein to tax info page? I just tried the hyphenated middle and last name trick. It worked. Also used same last 4 SSN with new IP, new tablet, new business bank account, new CC (gift card). You can manually check what information is stored about you in your settings page. Make sure you don’t use any of that info that shows up. I’m wondering if adding your EIN quickly will stop the dreaded email requesting ID and SSN. I can’t remember bc it’s been sooo long but when they request your full SSN is there an option to put in EIN? I’m trying to get ahead of this problem. I’ll update with my progress.

agent006140 11-01-2019 07:44 PM

Re: When to add EIN?

wait till you start listing or getting an order,then come back and tell us what happens!

Khaleesi 11-01-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1045801)
wait till you start listing or getting an order,then come back and tell us what happens!

Are you currently running a stealth? Did you reach the $20k threshold?

agent006140 11-02-2019 08:56 AM

NO.
I doubt I will be getting a 1099K from Etsy as I have not reached 200 transactions and $20k ,there is only 2 months left for 2019.
Etsy forms deep link with Google,what may work on other sites,may not work on Etsy.
Etsy announced third qtr earnings and its stock dropped 16%.
It looks like all the sales venues -Ebay,Etsy are seeing slower sales due to sales tax.
If a buyer has to pay shipping AND sales tax,he may want to go to a physical store instead of buying online.

CaptAmerica 11-03-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaleesi (Post 1045580)
How soon after opening do you add your ein to tax info page? I just tried the hyphenated middle and last name trick. It worked. Also used same last 4 SSN with new IP, new tablet, new business bank account, new CC (gift card). You can manually check what information is stored about you in your settings page. Make sure you don’t use any of that info that shows up. I’m wondering if adding your EIN quickly will stop the dreaded email requesting ID and SSN. I can’t remember bc it’s been sooo long but when they request your full SSN is there an option to put in EIN? I’m trying to get ahead of this problem. I’ll update with my progress.

What is the "hyphenated middle and last name trick"??

Khaleesi 11-03-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptAmerica (Post 1046238)

Try it and find out.

DocumentRequest 11-03-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1045873)
NO.
I doubt I will be getting a 1099K from Etsy as I have not reached 200 transactions and $20k ,there is only 2 months left for 2019.
Etsy forms deep link with Google,what may work on other sites,may not work on Etsy.
Etsy announced third qtr earnings and its stock dropped 16%.
It looks like all the sales venues -Ebay,Etsy are seeing slower sales due to sales tax.
If a buyer has to pay shipping AND sales tax,he may want to go to a physical store instead of buying online.

1099 can be demanded at any time. The 200/20k is just general guideline. Can happen if you are on pace for that threshold, can happen initially upon opening account, or can happen a couple months after first sale.

Khaleesi 11-11-2019 09:53 PM

I’m still up and running with sales. I’ll come back to let you guys know if it fails.

DocumentRequest 11-12-2019 04:46 AM

Well they arent going to cross reference your information immediately. If you run into issues it is typically going to be months down the road when you meed their thresholds, and will summit a tax request to the irs to make sure the information matches up. If it doesnt than they typically give you a certain number of days to resubmit.

rsot 11-12-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaleesi (Post 1048043)
I’m still up and running with sales. I’ll come back to let you guys know if it fails.

Best of luck Khaleesi :thumb:

solefoodbk 11-14-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Honestly, there is no trick. Just use your real information IF your past account you already gave them an EIN for. Problem solved. Sounds to good to be true, but trust me, it isn’t.

Khaleesi 11-14-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1048672)
Honestly, there is no trick. Just use your real information IF your past account you already gave them an EIN for. Problem solved. Sounds to good to be true, but trust me, it isn’t.

That’s what I thought but even that’s not true because I never gave an ein for my first banned account.... it exceeded 400 sales. The second one I used my boyfriends ssn. We did add an ein because we were well over $200k. They still sent the 1099k in his name with ssn. Now that shop is banned and I went back to my own ssn... I have sales coming in. No issues so far. I had read the hyphenated thing in the forum before I learned more. Either way it works so no problem.

I wonder if it’s a timing thing like I started a thread about awhile back... their policy states that they don’t hold information past what is needed for that tax period. If it’s not needed then it is released after two weeks. Thoughts?

CaptAmerica 11-15-2019 07:01 PM

I've never heard of it, what is it suposed to accomplish and where do you use it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaleesi (Post 1046246)
Try it and find out.

Quote:

Khaleesi 11-16-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptAmerica (Post 1049031)
I've never heard of it, what is it suposed to accomplish and where do you use it?

Idk. Some chick said she hyphenated her middle and last and I went with it. I’m still up and running with a dozen sales. It’s working for me so I can’t knock it.

solefoodbk 11-17-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaleesi (Post 1048737)
That’s what I thought but even that’s not true because I never gave an ein for my first banned account.... it exceeded 400 sales. The second one I used my boyfriends ssn. We did add an ein because we were well over $200k. They still sent the 1099k in his name with ssn. Now that shop is banned and I went back to my own ssn... I have sales coming in. No issues so far. I had read the hyphenated thing in the forum before I learned more. Either way it works so no problem.

I wonder if it’s a timing thing like I started a thread about awhile back... their policy states that they don’t hold information past what is needed for that tax period. If it’s not needed then it is released after two weeks. Thoughts?

Crazy thing is, what I’m selling... I still use exact same format, slightly different pictures/titles, but same skus. They do keep the account in their system to my knowledge. They at least say that when you get suspended.

I have no idea what is kept how they do things though. This forum can almost be to paranoid sometimes. That’s why I didn’t even create a new account because the ssn, didn’t want to waste a business checking account.

I think biggest thing is what your selling, and shipping timeframe. I literally have been shipping every order same day while my account is still a little fresh, and would recommend every new account made to follow that same practice.

Khaleesi 11-17-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1049410)
Crazy thing is, what I’m selling... I still use exact same format, slightly different pictures/titles, but same skus. They do keep the account in their system to my knowledge. They at least say that when you get suspended.

I have no idea what is kept how they do things though. This forum can almost be to paranoid sometimes. That’s why I didn’t even create a new account because the ssn, didn’t want to waste a business checking account.

I think biggest thing is what your selling, and shipping timeframe. I literally have been shipping every order same day while my account is still a little fresh, and would recommend every new account made to follow that same practice.

Yep I was sooo paranoid from this forum that I didn’t try making an account for 4 months! Needless to say it was a struggle...I contemplated going back into the workforce. Now I’m just selling basic items with 1-3 day processing to make sure I stay on track.