Is Etsy on to VPN users? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Hi Guys,

I currently have an account on Etsy, using a VPN and Fresh IP that is different from my main computer's ip. As of now, my account isn't suspended.

I just tried registering for a new account, and I'm unable to. Since my current account is still in good standing, there should be no reason for me to not be able to get a new account. Yet I can't get in. I can't even get past the first page where you input your email address, name, and password.

I just read on the Etsy forums, and someone suggested that Etsy won't let new applicants in who are using VPNs. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, it must be a new and recent thing because like I mentioned, my current account that's still active is running on a VPN.

If this is the case, then any suggestions on how to get around it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-03-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 15
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

i was going to set a a VPN tomorrow i need to know answer as well ASAP
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Hi, i tried in the past two weeks many times to set up new etsy with VPN, it is not possible. Cant get thru the first page, and when i got in, then it was deactivated in just short time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks: 14
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Looks like most VPNs are getting denied on new account creation even though old users with VPN are not be bothered with.

They would probably see a huge hit in profit of they deactivate current accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 15
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

i tried yesterday got a new vpn and Dedicated IP and no go to register

VPN not working here either

i can same computer and didn't clean my cookies
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 80
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Does anybody know if we can open account with mobile IP for example and then use VPN after some time? Also maybe USA/UK VPNs do not work, but other countries VPNs work?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

I was unsuccessful with VPN, it still got shut down
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 27
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Is VPN more an option on overseas Etsy accounts? I'm in US.. and it did not work
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks: 14
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Tether to a mobile phone. Not a lot of VPNs working these days with etsy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

vpn with etsy is not working
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-15-2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

I was planning to try out IPBurger's Fresh VPN plan, since it has so many good reviews on this site. If Etsy is on to VPN users now, does that include IPBurger's VPN services as well?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2020
chicagoIL's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
Thanks: 61
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

I am using it with IPBurger's VPN. Not a problem.
You have to use a Fresh IP address though.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chicagoIL For This Useful Post:
hyperionsicko (01-16-2020)
  #13  
Old 01-17-2020
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
I am using it with IPBurger's VPN. Not a problem.
You have to use a Fresh IP address though.
Did you recently opened your account with a IPBurger VPN and did not get suspended or you opened a while ago and now you are just running it with a VPN?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,729
Thanks: 324
Thanked 316 Times in 252 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.
Etsy only likes real ips. Itís not that hard to reset a ip if you your own internet. Nobody normal is using a vpn. Thereís always a motive behind the use, and most times on selling platforms itís not a good one.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
Kharz (1 Week Ago)
  #16  
Old 1 Week Ago
Kharz's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 56
Thanks: 21
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Etsy only likes real ips. Itís not that hard to reset a ip if you your own internet. Nobody normal is using a vpn. Thereís always a motive behind the use, and most times on selling platforms itís not a good one.
I second this. Use a residential IP or mobile ip when opening accounts.
for managing accounts, you can then use the VPNs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 1 Week Ago
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,130
Thanks: 4,715
Thanked 7,288 Times in 6,646 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.
Forget NordVPN - look at normal IP sources - are you in the USA?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 1 Week Ago
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,444
Thanks: 241
Thanked 1,307 Times in 1,105 Posts
Activity: 82%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Has anybody opened up an Etsy account with VPN, in 2020, and been successful so far?

Also why does everyone use IP Burger? Just curious? I am looking at NordVPN and Surfshark and at some point i'll have to make a decision for my Etsy account.

So I made an Etsy account, my first and real one using the IPburger VPN setting that I've always used on my Amazon account. This was almost a month ago, I haven't really used the account, it's just sitting there.

SO far everything is fine.

I think try making a stealth one if you can with the IPburger IP and see how it worked out for you. This way you save your real info .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So I made an Etsy account, my first and real one using the IPburger VPN setting that I've always used on my Amazon account. This was almost a month ago, I haven't really used the account, it's just sitting there.

SO far everything is fine.

I think try making a stealth one if you can with the IPburger IP and see how it worked out for you. This way you save your real info .
I just got back with ipburger's customer service after purchasing their fresh vpn plan. I opened a ticket requesting further information regarding the browser extension's spoofing features and I mentioned my intention of creating an Etsy account with the IP, and this is the response I got back.
"Have you already created an account on Etsy with this IP? We have found that Etsy is strict against VPN these days and does not allow creating an account with these IPs."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

So many contradicting answers! Maybe I should go to my town's library, make an etsy account with the hopes of not getting hacked (low chance anyways), then come home and run the newly made etsy through a VPN.

Funny enough, i think most people here are making a big mistake with Etsy. First and foremost, EVERYONE gets suspended either shortly after you make an account, or within the first few days. This applies if you do print on demand and post a lot initially. All you do is appeal it, then they say oops and reinstate your account. I thought this was a given but I have a feeling everyone in here is not permanently suspended LOL!

How do I know? Because it's happened to me 4 times. The first 3 times it happened, i've never been suspended from etsy before and since I knew how to sell and had a gameplan i made the accounts, posted a lot, and got suspended the first few days in. No problem, I got unsuspended shortly after. The 4th time though, and this is interesting as we speak, this one was about 5 days ago after I got initially suspended for all of my accounts (I had 4, and over 7000 sales combined, and I was so upset it's how I found these forums). So to continue, I went to my mother and had her sign up for an account (another one, she already sells vintage stuff around the house and somehow hers didn't get suspended with mine). Anyways I connected her account with my POD platform and put up like 40 listings in 3 hours, made 3 sales, and got suspended. I thought ok, I got caught and then I proceeded to find these forums. But as I appealed, I got the "oops" message a few days later (2 days ago). And i've still been selling on that account. I'll juice it out until they catch me, because there's no way they can't. I use all the same pictures, mockups, descriptions, everything. Lol! Why I'm doing this, and wanting to use separate VPNS for my different stores, is so they all don't come collapsing at once ever again!


So I really want to know if it's a vpn thing.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So I made an Etsy account, my first and real one using the IPburger VPN setting that I've always used on my Amazon account. This was almost a month ago, I haven't really used the account, it's just sitting there.

SO far everything is fine.

I think try making a stealth one if you can with the IPburger IP and see how it worked out for you. This way you save your real info .
Easier said than done, I mean I'll have to open a new bank account and all that. I feel like it's going to be a process, and I really want to do my best to get it right the first time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 1 Week Ago
Kharz's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 56
Thanks: 21
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Is Etsy on to VPN users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
So many contradicting answers! Maybe I should go to my town's library, make an etsy account with the hopes of not getting hacked (low chance anyways), then come home and run the newly made etsy through a VPN.

Funny enough, i think most people here are making a big mistake with Etsy. First and foremost, EVERYONE gets suspended either shortly after you make an account, or within the first few days. This applies if you do print on demand and post a lot initially. All you do is appeal it, then they say oops and reinstate your account. I thought this was a given but I have a feeling everyone in here is not permanently suspended LOL!

How do I know? Because it's happened to me 4 times. The first 3 times it happened, i've never been suspended from etsy before and since I knew how to sell and had a gameplan i made the accounts, posted a lot, and got suspended the first few days in. No problem, I got unsuspended shortly after. The 4th time though, and this is interesting as we speak, this one was about 5 days ago after I got initially suspended for all of my accounts (I had 4, and over 7000 sales combined, and I was so upset it's how I found these forums). So to continue, I went to my mother and had her sign up for an account (another one, she already sells vintage stuff around the house and somehow hers didn't get suspended with mine). Anyways I connected her account with my POD platform and put up like 40 listings in 3 hours, made 3 sales, and got suspended. I thought ok, I got caught and then I proceeded to find these forums. But as I appealed, I got the "oops" message a few days later (2 days ago). And i've still been selling on that account. I'll juice it out until they catch me, because there's no way they can't. I use all the same pictures, mockups, descriptions, everything. Lol! Why I'm doing this, and wanting to use separate VPNS for my different stores, is so they all don't come collapsing at once ever again!


So I really want to know if it's a vpn thing.
I can feel your frustration.
Going to a public IP address might be a good idea in the account creation, but i do not recommend you to shift to the VPN for account management.
Here's the thing about etsy.
On your first sales, you undergo to a review, on whether you are high risk to them or not.
Now, since you passed the initial verification process on the account creation, it doesn't mean you are already safe. Nope, you should not use a VPN when managing your etsy account, it should always be a residential or mobile internet IP. Going to the public ip address would be tasky and time consuming - so what do you have to do? I always use residential ip address proxies, until then i did not have any problems with etsy.
But can you still use the VPN? yes of course, but not with etsy. I also bought an IPburger VPN before for the management of my ebay account and it was good.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Listings of new Etsy shop not showing in Etsy search results punitsirse Etsy Discussions 4 07-22-2019 02:06 PM
international users international users verify paypal USA American Bank account nouh26 PayPal Talk 19 06-17-2019 06:04 PM
attention Etsy users! BlackMarketGirl Other Auction Sites 1 09-18-2011 03:29 PM
Irish Users. Users in Ireland blueyondar eBay & PayPal International 6 07-26-2011 01:26 PM
Paypal seems to be tracking users linked to suspended users jughead PayPal Talk 1 04-18-2009 01:24 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts