ETSY becoming Amazon? New ODR policy. Is that the end of Etsy? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Re: ETSY becoming Amazon? New ODR policy. Is that the end of Etsy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yes, yes it does. The platform is full of scammers and people offering a horrid buying experience. They ALL need the Axe. With a better buying experience and garbage on the platform, it will allow more room for profit and more buyers with less competition.

It is LONG overdue!
With this new ODR there will be 3 times more scammers and even more horrid buying experience. I guess that's what you want.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

I dont see how?
This is like saying you put more police on the streets,there wil be more robbers and rapists and pick pockets and muggers
Old 01-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I dont see how?
This is like saying you put more police on the streets,there wil be more robbers and rapists and pick pockets and muggers
Stupid comparison. The ODR policy not made to reduce the count of scammers, it's made to get rid of sellers and their shops. And it's a gold mine for scammers willing to shut down shops or get free stuff from seller by threatening them.
There are already sellers on Etsy forum that have been threatened by buyers that they will left negative feedback or open case if the seller won't refund them and the scummers specifically point sellers attention to the new ODR ssystem and that sellers shop can be closed if they won't refund the scammer buyer. Things like this will happen more and more now sine the ODR policy allows scammers to abuse the system and threaten etsy sellers with cases and bad reviews.
Sellers can't do anything against scummer buyers since Etsy is still counts case opened against shops as shops failure even if the shop provide proofs and case will be closed in shops favour. You follow where it gets shady?
Hope this explains how.

If you are the buyer than you you don't give a heck about any policy but I thought this forum is all about sellers!? Isn't it?

Last edited by valakot; 01-12-2020 at 03:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to valakot For This Useful Post:
Vanalinn (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020

None of what you said is new,in fact it has been in place for many years,20-30 years for internet and thousand of years since dawn of civilisation.
Do you know the Arabs are the best horse traders in the world?
Etsy is becoming more like Ebay and AMZN,the same buyers and sellers from those sites are now on Etsy,so why cant Etsy apply similar rules like AMZN and EBAY?
You are making a big fuss over nothing,small sellers selling low price items from EU and cant afford speedy shipping,time is better spent revising your business model,business is getting more cut throat every day,little guys ,under capitalised go first,only the fittest survive,it is a jungle out there.
Old 01-12-2020

I have been buying and selling to UK for many years,most shipped Royal mail,do not recall any problem,I dont expect the shipment to be there next day,but they all arrived in a timely manner.
I have also shipped many packages to UK,using USPS first class mail ,dont recall any missing package,99.99% of the shipments were delivered.
USPS first class letter is only $2.13,light weight package is $13.54.
You just have to tweak your business model to either hike your asking price,or ask for more shipping or sell something else
Old 01-12-2020

I sell on Etsy and get orders daily,I dont have much problems,sometimes there are returns,if you are not happy with Etsy,find another venue,there will always be scammers (buyers and sellers),if your loss is too much,then either quit selling what you sold,or sell elsewhere or just QUIT SELLING and do something else instead
Old 01-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I sell on Etsy and get orders daily,I dont have much problems,sometimes there are returns,if you are not happy with Etsy,find another venue,there will always be scammers (buyers and sellers),if your loss is too much,then either quit selling what you sold,or sell elsewhere or just QUIT SELLING and do something else instead
Ok thanks for "advice". This conversation is going nowhere. I was hoping to get more sellers to stand up against Etsy becoming ebay & amazon because that what Etsy used to be and that is how it was created by Rob Kalin (a frinedly community of creators to sell handmade items) well I guess when he was fired from the company he created it said it all by itself and now this new ODR just proves things are going to be even worse.
Sad that people like you agree with it instead of trying to stand up against it and rebel the corporate machine of money which Etys will eventually only loose thanks to this ridiculous measures. They want so much to be amazon while in reality they never will (it's still a community of creators, community that is falling apart because of the dumb corporate CEO's).

Last edited by valakot; 01-13-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2020

you are right,this conversation is going nowhere,good luck !