Successfully Opening a Second Etsy shop - After Being Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Exclamation Successfully Opening a Second Etsy shop - After Being Suspended

Hello everyone! I have a question about successfully opening a second Etsy shop that i hope i can get answered

I had a very successful Etsy shop a few years ago. We were in the top 10 shops in the world in the wedding category on Etsy. To make a long story short, we were permanently suspended from Etsy.

We were extremely upset because that Etsy account was making $600K+ annually and it was gone in the blink of an eye. And there was no way to get it reopened.

We did lots of research and successfully figured out how to open a new Etsy shop not long after being suspended. We currently are still using it today.

How we did it: We had a friend "Linda" open an LLC with a new company name, used Linda's home address and personal info and opened a business bank account. We then taught her how to run the shop. We took new photos of our entire product line and deleted the image Exif properties so they are untraceable to avoid etsy's algorithm. Linda would handle the customer messaging, posting the new products, and Email us PDFs of daily orders so we can fulfill them from our warehouse. For doing all of this for us, we would give her a small percentage of our etsy sales. It was the best option rather than completely loosing a very successful store, and its still doing well today.

Our current issue: Linda can no longer help us run the etsy shop and she is stepping down, and we need to legally regain ownership of the etsy shop, but we do not want anything to get linked and etsy catch on to us and get shut down again.

We have a new location to manage the shop from to make sure IP address does not get linked. We also have a brand new Tax Id and bank account, but the new LLC address is the same as the original address that was shut down. IF we keep Linda's info the same and she stays the "shop owner" on Etsy, but change the tax id and home address, will Etsy link it with the old address that was suspended?

Thank you for all suggestions and comments!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2020

Default Re: Successfully Opening a Second Etsy shop - After Being Suspended

If you don't mind me asking because I'm in the process of opening a different account as well. When "Linda" opened a new account did she have to input her SSN # too? Because ultimately I'm trying to avoid that and only enter in our new EIN. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Can you use a PO box or do you have to use a physical address with etsy?
I would think the address might get flagged, especially when the items
are the same.

Do you have another "Linda" who could do the same thing for you?
It might be easier than risking the shop.
Old 01-31-2020

Longevity: 36%

Your best bet would be to get a PO box or virtual address and register it for the business... definitely don't use the same address given the fact that you're selling the same products
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 25%

Addresses don’t get banned. Think about how often homes are sold/bought.
Old 02-05-2020

PO boxes aren’t allowed on etsy
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Address is not important for Etsy shop,if a buyer wants to return an item,you give them an address,it is not like ebay which will giver her a return label with your address on it.
or am I missing something here?
I NEVER Received anything from Etsy in the mail?may be the 1099K at yearend but you can opt to have it delivered via email